Marlon mack

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Here's why I'm Buying Marlon Mack - which Rookies are you Buying, and why?

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:56 am

I'm not sure I am a complete believer quite yet, but I just bought him in a deal from a guy that is tanking that looked like this...which seems cheap considering his recent success.

Give: Mariota, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd, 2019 3rd
Get: Brady, Mack, Fitzgerald
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16 pm

btv802 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:56 am I'm not sure I am a complete believer quite yet, but I just bought him in a deal from a guy that is tanking that looked like this...which seems cheap considering his recent success.

Shoot Brady should be worth Mariota and a 2nd. That's like getting Mack and Fitz for 2 3rds.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16 pm
btv802 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:56 am I'm not sure I am a complete believer quite yet, but I just bought him in a deal from a guy that is tanking that looked like this...which seems cheap considering his recent success.

Shoot Brady should be worth Mariota and a 2nd. That's like getting Mack and Fitz for 2 3rds.
Meh...I actually marginally prefer Mariota to Brady in dynasty, just based on age of course. But yeah, this trade was a gift. This guy appears to be gunning for 1.01 in 2019.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 pm

btv802 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Meh...I actually marginally prefer Mariota to Brady in dynasty, just based on age of course. But yeah, this trade was a gift. This guy appears to be gunning for 1.01 in 2019.
If Brady really does play til he's 45 like he says he wants to... then there could be a legitimate intrigue to who's out of the league first, based on how Mariota's career has been trending...

I want MM to work it out though, don't get me wrong. I mindtricked his owner into giving him up for Eli and a 2nd last offseason. But at least with Brady you know what you're getting when you're starting him...

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:51 pm

mild wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 pm
btv802 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 pm

If Brady really does play til he's 45 like he says he wants to... then there could be a legitimate intrigue to who's out of the league first, based on how Mariota's career has been trending...

I want MM to work it out though, don't get me wrong. I mindtricked his owner into giving him up for Eli and a 2nd last offseason. But at least with Brady you know what you're getting when you're starting him...
Nah I think Brady plays one more year, two at most. Hell if he wins a Super Bowl this year he may retire.

Mariota has gone through some growing pains but don't sleep on him entirely. I think the Titans sign him long term and he has a perfectly fine career. Not sure he's ever an upper echelon guy at this point though.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Marlon Mack: Sell or Hold?

Postby Kelldon » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Is Mack a sell or hold? If he's a sell what would you sell him for?
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Marlon Mack: Sell or Hold?

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:06 pm

He's a hold for me. I don't think you will be happy with what you get for him. He's a young talented back in a pretty good offense with upside potential. I think folks are going to be nervous with the potential of L.Bell ending in Indy plus he has been a player that has had a tough time staying healthy. He is talented and better on my roster than off at this point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Hold. He's explosive, and dramatically improved his between the tackles running. Guy is a big play waiting to happen. He is elusive, and has decent hands out of the backfield, too. There is a chance Bell ends up in Indy, but Mack is 22 and has really played well this year since returning from his hamstring injury.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Mack should be a trade target, not a sell. He does everything well. In a better running offense he could easily be doing what Conner is doing this season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm

skip wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:35 pm Mack should be a trade target, not a sell. He does everything well. In a better running offense he could easily be doing what Conner is doing this season.
I completely agree. He is very under rated, and thus a target. People were debating on whether he was worth a random first, or a late first not too long ago, and that is a buy without a doubt. Everyone is enamoured with Aaron Jones these days, who I like a lot, but I would much rather have Mack over Jones if I had to choose.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:32 pm Hold. He's explosive, and dramatically improved his between the tackles running. Guy is a big play waiting to happen. He is elusive, and has decent hands out of the backfield, too. There is a chance Bell ends up in Indy, but Mack is 22 and has really played well this year since returning from his hamstring injury.
If you ARE looking to sell, then this is the sort of thing you need to be saying to a prospective buyer... tell them about the great Indy line (what universe are we in, seriously) and how Andrew Luck is in his prime and that arm injury is behind him... his downsides are that he's very injury prone, and that Indy might be a Bell destination - so maybe don't mention that part...

I managed to put him in a package with Robert Woods and three picks (1st, 2nd, 3rd) for Tyreek Hill just before our deadline.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Mack looked good again. Left in the 4th with a concussion, hopefully not too serious, but I think he's drastically improved this year.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:54 am

I suspect you won't get an overpay for Mack since he's missed so much time with injuries and the Bell thing. I'd hold if that's the case, his upside is phenomenal.

I get the weird sense that Bell isn't going to end up in Indy, despite them having far and away the most cap space in the league. Raiders overpaying Bell just feels like a textbook meddling Jon Gruden move to me. They'll have plenty of cash if (when) they get out of Derek Carr's contract. The Jets will also be super flush with cash and their starting QB is on a rookie contract so I could see that too.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:37 am

He's a solid sell for me. Always hurt and in and out of lineup. If Bell does sign with Indy, his value plummets.

Get something now while you can.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:02 am

Not entirely sure what to do with this guy. I acquired him relatively cheaply this season from a guy blowing up his roster right after one of Mack's first breakout games. He had a strong finish to his season and there is some real hype that Indy just sticks with him as their starter in 2019 as opposed to going out and spending big on Lev Bell. I think I'm holding unless I'm able to package him for a player I like substantially more at this point.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS