Is it time to pump the brakes on the Kelvin Benjamin hate?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Is it time to pump the brakes on the Kelvin Benjamin hat

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 am

I'm buying KB everywhere. Can't get much worse than this year. Olsen is getting older along with JStew. Just have a good hunch this offseason will really help him.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:46 pm

ArrylT wrote:However if I WAS comparing the 2 - which I am NOT - it should be noted that this is not Hopkins least productive season - that would be his rookie season. It is however Benjamims least productive season - although he only has 2 seasons of production to use.

Rather the point being made is exactly what I said it was - sometimes statistics can be used to to paint very interesting (aka misleading) pictures.
I admit I didn't read the whole thread and you are 100% spot on that stats can always be manipulated to make or counter any point.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Is it time to pump the brakes on the Kelvin Benjamin hate?

Postby Fezzik » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am

I’m bumping this because Kelvin Benjamin sucks and I knew it back then and now everyone knows it. Also I’m immature and i remembered this thread today

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:59 am

I respect your honesty.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm here to laugh at myself and my passionate defense of KB over the years. I genuinely believed he would be able to straighten his b.s out and have a Plaxico like career. Sadly, despite an enormous frame and some great physical traits (747 like wingspan), he's too much of a knucklehead to bother trying to polish his game. I have basically given up on him as a player, and see him as a roster clogger.

It's a shame as he could have been a poor man's Mike Evans.
#FreeCoreyDavis

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:09 am I think as a whole the fantasy community undervalues the chemistry and relationship between a QB and his WR. Lets review some examples going on right now or that we've heard the drum beat during the off season:

Jarvis Landry or DeVante Parker?
I think the split was 70/30 in favor of Parker becoming Tannehills new favorite target. Ignoring the issues with Parker right now regarding his health, what have we seen? Tannehill continuing to feed Landry and Parker looking like hes reading a different playbook.

Alshon Jeffery or Kevin White?
This one strikes me personally because I tried to trade Jeffery to a couple people but I was always met with the same response: "White will take over". Based on what? Hes more athletic? Do you think Jay Cutler gives a flying crap about that? Nope, hes going to feed Jeffery because he trusts Jeffery.

Now we have KB or Funchess?
We saw very clearly that KB and Cam have a relationship on thurs. Cam fed KB and Funchess was invisible. Could that change? Perhaps, but as long as KB continues to improve hes the #1.

I think in all 3 of those cases we see a common theme: Whatever new toy the fantasy community latches on to is going to be the #1. The only scenario that I see Parker, White or Funchess taking over #1 duties is an injury or trade to the current #1.
Wow I forgot I ever made this post. Look how smart I used to be!

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:24 pm

He sucks. He runs slow and lazy . Horrible route runner and basically only catches jump balls . He doesn't even have good hands to be a jump ball guy. Can't wait for him to be off the Bills .
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:39 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 am I'm buying KB everywhere. Can't get much worse than this year. Olsen is getting older along with JStew. Just have a good hunch this offseason will really help him.
Idiot.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:40 am

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:39 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 am I'm buying KB everywhere. Can't get much worse than this year. Olsen is getting older along with JStew. Just have a good hunch this offseason will really help him.
Idiot.
:lol: