What would it take for you to move Kelce in a rebuild?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
95dent
Starter
Starter

Re: What would it take for you to move Kelce in a rebuild?

Postby 95dent » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:29 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:01 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:27 pm It is a complete rebuild. I don’t feel like I NEED to sell him. However, I feel like selling him for a young TE++ could hasten my rebuild. I don’t know if a package of a Diggs + Hunter Henry + 2019 1st would be too much to ask.

And I know that this is a discussion board, not a team advice board. But it’s hard to gauge a player’s value in a bubble.
Way too much to ask.

If it's a full-on rebuild, ask for Engram and a 1st but be prepared to take Engram straight up, or Engram plus a 2nd.
Not a chance in hell I'd move Kelce straight up for Engram. Regardless of age, Kelce has plenty of years of TE1 production to come with an absolute baller under centre. Engram is already in a horrible offense where he is at best 3rd in the order for targets, who knows what NYG have at QB in the years ahead too.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:37 am

Go for Kittle and a 1st. If declined, oh well. Kelce isn’t that old

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:37 am Go for Kittle and a 1st. If declined, oh well. Kelce isn’t that old
This would be a solid move.

Kelce is ranked by most to be the #1 dynasty TE and he's proven it multiple years.

You could target a Njoku/Kittle/Engram + a 1st. I think that would be fair.

Or, you look at the depth of a competing team right now who needs a TE to push them over the top and you go for a different position. A rookie RB not named Barkley. Heck, Guice and a 1st + perhaps a little more to the right owner. You never know. Hunt for a trade partner but don't feel pressured to sell. Barring a crazy injury to Kelce, he's going into the off season holding a ton of value.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:02 pm

I’d be looking to move him in a rebuild as well. Turns 30 next season, not old for a tight end but it is kind of a magic number when guys start bleeding value. I’d be looking to move him before the trading deadline.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Kelce isnt old, but you have to look at your roster and as yourself if you can really contend while he is in his prime? Which I would say is 2 more years at best. Even if you're getting a little less than you think you should, once he starts to dip in production, you're going to get even less. Plus trading Kelce gives you the added benefit of a higher draft pick since you wont be scoring near as much from the TE position now.

You also have to understand that unless its TE premium, TEs dont bring back as much value as the other skill positions. Even if it is TE1.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:43 pm

At last years trade deadline he went for 2 1sts which I thought was cheap.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:45 pm

fruity pebbles wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:02 pm Turns 30 next season, not old for a tight end but it is kind of a magic number when guys start bleeding value.
That's true for many, but then you have examples like Gonzo, Gates, and to a lesser degree Witten that kept trucking well into their 30s. Two of Gonzo's four best seasons came when he was 31 and 32, Gates had a 69-821-12 season when he was 34.

Kelce's on their level talent wise, and he's been durable after he redshirted his rookie year. Of course, luck is a factor; if a major injury occurs once a player reaches their late 20s / early 30s (e.g. Achilles, ACL, patellar, etc.), that usually accelerates the conclusion of his career. Gonzo and Gates avoided major injury their entire careers, iirc.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE