What Metrics Do You Use To Scout Tight End Draft Prospects?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Consider the following metrics. 40 time, agility score, 3 cone, shuttle times, vert leap, broad jump, bench press reps, catch radius, college dominator, breakout age, college yards per reception, college target share, height, weight, hand size, BMI, draft position, college stats, etc..

How do you evaluate these guys and what metric(s) are the most telling to you when it comes to projecting a tight end's success at the next level?

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Re: What Metrics Do You Use To Scout Tight End Draft Prospects?

Postby turcorox911 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Personally, I like agility and 40 time. Catch radius is important, sure, but with the way the NFL is going, it's more about speed and agility. Overall quickness.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:19 pm

I am of the opinion that you should flip a sandwich/burger upside-down before you eat it. A lot of times, the sauce will be on top of the sandwich/burger, so by flipping it over the sauce hits your taste buds sooner (and it will taste better as a result).

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:31 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:19 pm I am of the opinion that you should flip a sandwich/burger upside-down before you eat it. A lot of times, the sauce will be on top of the sandwich/burger, so by flipping it over the sauce hits your taste buds sooner (and it will taste better as a result).
Also should be less messy since the sauce wont drip down the veggies onto your fingers. No brainer here.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:19 pm I am of the opinion that you should flip a sandwich/burger upside-down before you eat it. A lot of times, the sauce will be on top of the sandwich/burger, so by flipping it over the sauce hits your taste buds sooner (and it will taste better as a result).
True, but the issue is if the sauce is on the bottom, it will also drip down faster, giving you less time to compensate, and it may make a greater mess. Not recommended if you are on a date, but for solo eating, a good strategy. The other problem is the burger patty is often the foundation. Flipping it upside down removes the solid base, for all kinds of shredded lettuce, tomato/pickle slice slip outs to occur, along with the added loss of time to adjust to sauce drips.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Poor turco had his thread completely derailed lol

Size speed combo. Agility and hands.

Other important factors are whether he can block or not and whether that factors into the scheme hes been drsfted into.

TE also usually take time to develop and i usually scour the waiver wire and pick guys up.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:06 pm

DJB wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 pm Poor turco had his thread completely derailed lol

Other important factors are whether he can block or not and whether that factors into the scheme hes been drsfted into.

TE also usually take time to develop and i usually scour the waiver wire and pick guys up.
Hands, size, agility and speed to catch the falling sauce and pickles from the upside-down burger are all a plus.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 pm

It's really hard to use metrics to grade out TE, at least for me. So much goes into the position beyond it. Skill-wise, I just try to look at route running, separation, red-zone potential, and blocking ability (especially run blocking, which will increase the amount of formations they're used in).

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 pm

I really believe the upside down/right side up burger eating debate is best decided on a case by case basis.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:48 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 pm I really believe the upside down/right side up burger eating debate is best decided on a case by case basis.
So you agree with me, then. If you are eating alone, eating it upside down is OK, for the potentially enhanced flavour stimulation, but on a date, it would be unwise to do it, due to the decreased stability of the sandwich and the more likelihood of a messy eating experience that would decrease the opportunity of a 2nd date and other benefits of the dating experience.

I also recommend eating a burger upside down, while listening to music, thus increasing and heightening multiple senses at once. My group of choice for this is ABBA. Not to be confused with ABBBA. I don't think anyone has ever heard of ABBBA, though, what a preposterous arrangement of letters.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:35 am

Hate it when the pickle slips out of the bun

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:10 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:35 am Hate it when the pickle slips out of the bun
Is that a smaller pickle problem? I feel like a properly proportionate pickle relative to the bun doesn't have that issue. Perhaps the bun you use could try a larger pickle as an experiment?
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:17 am

I don't go into metrics much when looking at rookie TEs. I go by opportunity to play and give a bonus to players with basketball backgrounds.

It takes a long time for TEs to develop into fantasy relevance that I rarely put draft capital into them.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:06 pm
DJB wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 pm Poor turco had his thread completely derailed lol

Hands, size, agility and speed to catch the falling sauce and pickles from the upside-down burger are all a plus.
lol
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 am

You gotta leave the pickle out. Only slows down the eating process. Having a good drink to go with the burger is key.