Carlos Hyde traded to Jaguars

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Carlos Hyde traded to Jaguars

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 pm

One of the biggest questions to me with this now is who is startable from this trade.
Duke, I'd say yes esp this week
Chubb, same as Duke just even stronger
Yeldon, I don't think so with that injury especially
Hyde, definitely not this week in the future yes but only until fournette comes back

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Whats does this do to Fournette's value? Is he a buy low or should we be concerned that "he's injury prone" and stay away? I guess we need to know the extent of his injury but I think its a foot problem, right?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:28 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:05 pm Allen robinson’s Contract was up, Fournette’s is not. This gives the Jags early down insurance if they want it next year but they can cut him for no cost if they want. In the short term it’s fine for Hyde but his value is honestly what I’d fear dropping the most if he sticks with the Jags. He’ll be guaranteed to be a backup
Right - thats why I put Fournette as doubtful - I just mean that they have shown a willingness to move off of guys who were even recently stud performers.

I feel bad for Carlos Hyde - this has been a rough year for him - leaves a team that just got a franchise QB - finds out the guy that they replace him with (McKinnon) is done for the year and he could have been the man - ends up on a team that drafts a franchise QB but then immediately drafts another RB and re-signs Duke Johnson - and now he goes to another team with a stud RB breathing down his neck.

Maybe he is Rodney Dangerfield reincarnated.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ukcody83
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Ukcody83 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:28 pm

I took some serious heat in my league a few weeks ago for trading CMC,Agholor,L.Miller and D.Foreman for Dalvin Cook,Calloway and Chubb.That’s how highly I thought of Chubb (It was pre 2 TD explosion) and despite Cook being banged up I’m ECSTATIC!! Chubb is about to eat
10 team non ppr

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson

RB: Nick Chubb,Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs,Chase Edmonds

WR: Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson,Hollywood Brown,Curtis Samuel,,Courtland Sutton,Christian Kirk,,Diontae Johnson,Antonio Brown

TE: Austin Hooper,Dallas Goedert,Noah Fant,Tyler Higbee,OJ Howard

2020 draft picks 1.2,1.4,1.8

ckbeav
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ckbeav » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Wow, i was just offered Fournette for my Chubb+ this morning, glad i didn't give it much thought and declined.

I'm curious about trading for Duke now. Maybe a 2nd will get it done. Is he an upper tier handcuff in PPR now?
10-Team, PPR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R
QB: CJ Stroud
WR: AJ Brown, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Demario Douglas, Christian Watson, Elijah Moore, Marvin Mims, Wan'Dale Robinson, Rashod Bateman
RB: Bijan Robinson, Jonathan Taylor, Javonte Williams, Ken Walker, Zach Moss, Jaleel McLaughlin
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave, Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods
2013, 2016, 2021 Champ

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Hyde's value stays the same from this to me
Chubb value way up
Duke should get back to his previous workload
Yeldon value down but if you valued Yeldon highly, that's on you

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:09 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:59 pm
VISUAL DESPERADO wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:48 pm I just traded for Yeldon a couple of days ago.. Not happy.
Meh Yeldon owners should not be that concerned.

Dynasty wise Fournette is obviously greater than Hyde and Yeldon still had ppr flex potential with Fournette. It is not like any owner buying Yeldon believed Yeldon would hold off Fournette. All it means is that you no longer can expect Yeldon to be an auto-start.

What it does do make it interesting come this off-season. What will the Jaguars do? Will Hyde be released? Yeldon? Fournette (doubtful)? Remember this is a team that moved off of Allen Robinson.
Yeldon's in the last year of his deal, so he's hitting FA after this season.
Right. The question was whether Jacksonville would ante up to keep him as a COP/Backup to Fournette or not. Now the question is whether or not Fournette is worse than we feared - and what is going to happen with Hyde & Yeldon in the off-season.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:36 pm

VISUAL DESPERADO wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:17 pm This made me feel a little better about the Yeldon trade. Also part of the reason I made the move is because Yeldon will be an unrestricted FA this offseason and is still very young, so there's a possibility he gets a starting role somewhere.

If I had to guess Hyde will be the primary backup next year and they'll add a receiving / change of pace type guy. It might be a bit of a timeshare to take the load off of Fournette since he can't stay healthy.
That would be my first guess yes. I think it may increase the odds that Yeldon goes somewhere else and gets a 1A/1B type role that McKinnon got this off-season. But Hydes contract is not that onerous to either keep, or to get out of ...

Going to be very interesting to see usage these next few weeks, and Fournette injury updates.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 pm Hyde's value stays the same from this to me
Chubb value way up
Duke should get back to his previous workload
Yeldon value down but if you valued Yeldon highly, that's on you
x2
Might add a knock to fournette as well, not a ton but some. This can't be a vote of confidence in his health

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:38 pm

How much will Hyde cut into LF's workload when he returns, is the question I am most pondering. This could be a 40/40/20 split now between Hyde/LF/Yeldon when LF comes back in an effort to keep LF healthy enough to play. Great for the Jags, awful for fantasy owners.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 pm One of the biggest questions to me with this now is who is startable from this trade.
Hyde, definitely not this week in the future yes but only until fournette comes back
Yeah, so as a Chubb and Duke Johnson owner in a PPR I feel like Chubb is the start but the Bucs have had multiple RBs have 100+ yd receiving games against them.

I could actually start Chubb and flex Duke (currently Frank Gore is my flex due to bye weeks, injuries and not trusting Powell or Lamar Miller)

Hmmm.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:48 pm

TommyL31 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 pm One of the biggest questions to me with this now is who is startable from this trade.
Yeah, so as a Chubb and Duke Johnson owner in a PPR I feel like Chubb is the start but the Bucs have had multiple RBs have 100+ yd receiving games against them.

I could actually start Chubb and flex Duke (currently Frank Gore is my flex due to bye weeks, injuries and not trusting Powell or Lamar Miller)

Hmmm.
Depends on the matchup starting CHubb and Duke limits the ceiling but has a very very high floor IMO

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm

I don’t see how Hyde leaving gives Duke a big bump. The Browns have been running with a bellcow all year. Duke will likely keep his workload, plus a couples touches (the previous Chubb share of backfield touches).
The standard is the standard.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Anyone wanna make a new Chubb price check thread? Was thinking about doing one but don't know if it's needed. I've already been hit with some offers... best one being from a 1-5 owner offering his 2019 1st (probably 1.01, definitely top 3) + his 2020 1st (more likely will be mid, but could be anywhere really)
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:53 pm

Defender wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm I don’t see how Hyde leaving gives Duke a big bump. The Browns have been running with a bellcow all year. Duke will likely keep his workload, plus a couples touches (the previous Chubb share of backfield touches).
Kind of agree with this but you can never be too sure how it might shake out. Duke is good so it's hard to just dismiss him so quickly. Past evidence (Hyde's usage + Haley as the OC) definitely supports your assumption though.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th