Collusion?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nyterp
Starter
Starter

Re: Collusion?

Postby nyterp » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 am

Is the guy getting White and Boyd a contender? I would gladly move my first as a contender (even a projected 1.01 I owned from another team) to boost my chances at a championship this year and White and Boyd may do just that. It's not like there is a Barkley level talent in 2019 that I am aware of. The other owner may also feel comfortable moving the 1.01 to a team he doesn't view as a threat, even if the return is not as great.
rosterwars.forumotion.com - IDP/Contract league discussion board. Come check us out!

IDP/Contract - Charm City Justice

Superflex - Chernobyl Toxins

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:34 am

I think people are missing the whole point here, which is why would someone give up the 1.1 and a top TE prospect in a SF TE premium league for meh?

Obviously I want bad owners to turn it around, for the sake of league health. Anyone in Dynasty that hopes for utter team failure of leagues mates obviously doesn't understand dynasty football. Continuous failure of the same team leads to league downfall.

Again, the point of this post was that myself and a few other owners found it odd that we offered legitimate established players for a 1.1, and the accepted offer was boyd and white.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 am

Dirty Mike&the Boyz wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:34 am I think people are missing the whole point here, which is why would someone give up the 1.1 and a top TE prospect in a SF TE premium league for meh?

Obviously I want bad owners to turn it around, for the sake of league health. Anyone in Dynasty that hopes for utter team failure of leagues mates obviously doesn't understand dynasty football. Continuous failure of the same team leads to league downfall.

Again, the point of this post was that myself and a few other owners found it odd that we offered legitimate established players for a 1.1, and the accepted offer was boyd and white.
Just out of curiosity, what were the offers you and other leaguemates made?

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:42 am

nyterp wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 am Is the guy getting White and Boyd a contender? I would gladly move my first as a contender (even a projected 1.01 I owned from another team) to boost my chances at a championship this year and White and Boyd may do just that. It's not like there is a Barkley level talent in 2019 that I am aware of. The other owner may also feel comfortable moving the 1.01 to a team he doesn't view as a threat, even if the return is not as great.
That's a very good point and nice insight. I appreciate the objectivity of this post... a lot of bashing for some reason of this thread. I was never jealous etc just thought it was odd and wanted some outsider opinions on if they could see this being collusion, obviously it isn't based on the feedback I received.
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 am
Dirty Mike&the Boyz wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:34 am I think people are missing the whole point here, which is why would someone give up the 1.1 and a top TE prospect in a SF TE premium league for meh?

Like I mentioned before, I offered Jordan Howard and a 2019 first (this was after week 3 when Howard put up 16 pts, not his current state). I was told Hunt was also involved in an offer from another team.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:44 am

Always is bashing when collusion is mentioned. The term gets thrown around too casually when someone doesn't like a trade.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 am

Dirty Mike&the Boyz wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 am
Goddard wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 am

Like I mentioned before, I offered Jordan Howard and a 2019 first (this was after week 3 when Howard put up 16 pts, not his current state). I was told Hunt was also involved in an offer from another team.
At this point, I can see how White is more valuable than Howard for a competitor. Boyd is also probably worth at least a late 1st at this point. I don't think picking the White offer over the Howard one would make me consider collusion, even if I didn't agree with the values. As for the Hunt offer, just stating Hunt was involved isn't enough. We would need to know the exact offer before accusing collusion.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:51 am

Also, I don't think anyone is bashing you here. Just pointing out that there's absolutely no reason to assume collusion with that trade.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Yep...it's official!!

I will read any of these stupid collusion posts even though I almost always know before opening the post that it is an owner overreacting...
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

PercyR1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PercyR1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:07 pm

i like the 1.1 side better..... collusion???

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:08 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:00 pm Yep...it's official!!

I will read any of these stupid collusion posts even though I almost always know before opening the post that it is an owner overreacting...
get over it

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:57 pm

This is a completely pointless post!!

The guy who always loses trades finally made a good one?? Ok......
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04

hudini33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hudini33 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm

I get why you're so confused OP, it happens to all of us. We make an offer that we think is fair, and it gets rejected. Then an offer, that we think is a lot worse (might not be) gets accepted, and you get pissed. It happens to pretty much everyone at some point. Just have to move on with what you have and make other moves. Anyway, a good way to look at it is that now that team will be competitive and could turn their team around. I like to avoid the word collusion unless it's obvious (it's not this time). Remember, this happens to a lot of dynasty players, so move on, and good luck the rest of the season.
No One 12-team, 21 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, D/ST, K) 0-0 EST. 2017

2018, 2021 Champion

QB: Hurts, Z Wilson, Minshew, Heinecke
RB: Zeke, Ekeler, Patterson, J Robinson, Pollard, Jamal Williams
WR: Diggs, Sutton, Metcalf, McLaurin, Mooney, V. Jefferson, M. Jones
TE: Andrews, Knox, Freiermuth
D/ST: Packers, Cardinals

2022 Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.03, 3.12
2023 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3

2018 and 2021 Champion.
2020 Runner-up

Rookie Class Heroes 10-team, 30 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX) 0-0 EST. 2020

QB: Baker, Fields, Ryan, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Jacobs, Harris, Herbert, , Bernard, J. Wilson, Kelley
WR: DJ Moore, Sutton, Waddle, Mooney, N. Collins, V. Jefferson, B. Edwards, D. Brown, Reynolds, Duvernay, Agholor, Mims, G Wilson, Pickens, Burks
TE: Engram, Kmet, Freiermuth, Tremble

2022 Picks: 1.08, 2.04, 2.09, 3.02, 4.04
2023 Picks: 1, 1, 3, 4

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 pm

DinoDynasty wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 am The struggling team finally won a trade let it go. White can win a league this year and Boyd is helping his case for AJs predecessor.
i agree
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Postby blacklab1010 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:07 pm

hudini33 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm I get why you're so confused OP, it happens to all of us. We make an offer that we think is fair, and it gets rejected. Then an offer, that we think is a lot worse (might not be) gets accepted, and you get pissed. It happens to pretty much everyone at some point. Just have to move on with what you have and make other moves. Anyway, a good way to look at it is that now that team will be competitive and could turn their team around. I like to avoid the word collusion unless it's obvious (it's not this time). Remember, this happens to a lot of dynasty players, so move on, and good luck the rest of the season.
Agree with this, I actually made a great offer to a leaguemate once and he said it wasnt enough. About a week later he came back to me and said what about this and proceeded to offer me the same deal as before as if we had not talked about it. lol .....and it was missing a good piece that I had previously included. Dont try to figure people out you just never know, and beer is many times involved. My lesson is be around the beer, dumb decisions are made there, have your cash close by... LOL
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis