Alvin Kamara: Confident or Concerned

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
drobes
Starter
Starter

Re: How freaked out are Kamara owners?

Postby drobes » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Obviously it's not a concern for next season and beyond but I think it is a clear signal that Kamara will no longer be force-fed elite RB1 touches this season like he was in weeks 1-4.

I saw several posts that seemed to attribute the usage to the blowout nature of the game but remember that Ingram got the start and did most of his damage in the first half when the outcome was still in doubt. In the second half with the game decided, Kamara was mixed in fairly evenly.

I think it was an effort by Payton to jumpstart his veteran RB coming back from suspension and the touches won't always favor Ingram but it's still a clear sign that Kamara will definitely be sharing some workload going forward.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:21 pm

If this happens next week you can freak.

I’m sure the coach wanted to get Ingram going as well as given Kamara some rest considering his workload the beginning of the season with their bye week coming up.

The bigger issue to both could be this Tyson Hill dude.

Cmon bro

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:22 pm

I don’t think it will be accepted but on the team I have Kamara and Michel and then question marks I would consider selling a 2019 1st for Ingram to try and lock that backfield up.

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kamara the RB1?

Postby Hjorimir » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:06 am

The #1? He's not even the #1 on his own team!

(Just rubbing salt! He's a stud, don't panic.)
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:15 am

I read the OP, and laughed out loud.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:51 am

Payton basically gave him a double bye week.

His production won't be as high as weeks 1-4 again, but it won't be as low as last night again either.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 am

I'm pretty sure this is playing out exactly how we thought before the season.

Kamara has a huge workload weeks 1-4, Ingram comes back and goes back to the share it was last year. The only difference is Ingram scored twice and the Saints non-Kamara plays worked well (that rookie QB with the RPO, shots to the rookie WR).

Kamara's not hurt, so my expectations are back to what he did last year, not earlier this year.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:16 am

I guarantee that Kamara scores ZERO points this upcoming weekend.

I'll pay anyone $1,000 if he scores a point.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:17 am

The guy was getting 30 touches a game for 4 weeks, not surprising that NO gave him a break with Ingram being fresh (I guess).

Now if that persists, maybe then you could be "concerned" for the rest of season outlook.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:24 am

Metriculous wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:56 pm You know I really hate those weeks when Gurley gets game planned out of a big workload and they decide to go with the other RB on the team at the goal line or even that dynamic dual threat QB they sometimes like to use.......
:lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:52 am

I took it as a joke. I will say that where I was lucky enough to get Kamara, my teams were even luckier this week to not get hurt by a match where he was not featured. Went 5-0. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:55 am

How expected was Ingram's usage last night? What does that project for the rest of the season and how if at all does it affect Kamara's value?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 am

Not worried in the least. Non issue. He is exceptionally efficient with his touches. In ppr scoring he is Rb#2 overall. To ease up on his workload is a good thing. It was expected. And, smart of N.O. to get Ingram in to get acclimated before their bye. Like stated above, this was in a way an additional bye week for Kamara. A little break was well deserved. He'll be just fine as a plug and play rb after their bye.

WAY too much knee jerk thinking for a dynasty site community around these parts.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:08 am

Hey Beast.

Not sure what the snap count was last night but, Ingram was used heavy. It doesn't concern me much because I think back to last year and how Kamara was used. I'm again not exactly sure what the % of snaps were or how exactly they were split but I bet Kamara didn't have as many snaps as Ingram. Basically, what im saying is looking forward after the N.O. bye, I'd expect a 40/60 split between Ingram / Kamara. And, if that comes to fruition, Kamara will likely produce more fantasy points than he did last year. Kamara will lose touches as he isn't their feature back so, he'll lose out on goal line and red zone carries, but, he'll still likely be efficient as anyone could be with the carries and passes he does get.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:32 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 am Not worried in the least. Non issue. He is exceptionally efficient with his touches. In ppr scoring he is Rb#2 overall. To ease up on his workload is a good thing. It was expected. And, smart of N.O. to get Ingram in to get acclimated before their bye. Like stated above, this was in a way an additional bye week for Kamara. A little break was well deserved. He'll be just fine as a plug and play rb after their bye.

WAY too much knee jerk thinking for a dynasty site community around these parts.
IT WAS A JOKE! lol

I don't think anyone who reads this forum would sell him cheap...at least I would hope not!
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0