Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Allen Robinson

Postby Defender » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:23 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:17 am Not ideal that’s for sure. He’s been serviceable though, and not every player comes storming back the year after their acl surgery. If this is still happening into next year then I’ll be panicking.
x2

Also, trading him for Telvin Coleman straight up is definitely selling too low.
The standard is the standard.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:26 am

Leads the Bears in:

Targets
Receptions
Air Yards

He looks very good on the field. There's nothing wrong with him, it's just one game where they didn't need him to go off. He still caught a TD though.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

cp3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cp3 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:28 am

He looks pretty good, physically, out there.

Aside from yesterday, Trubisky had been ATROCIOUS. Arob was peppered with targets the first 3 games most of which were not catchable. 68.8% catchable target rate per playerprofiler, good for 80th in the league. As bad as the quality of targets have been he's still averaging 8 targets a game through 4. That's all we can ask for. Just need to hope Trubisky continues to improve and with it the quality of Arob's targets.

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:34 am

Up until yesterday the big question regarding ARobs production was whether Trubisky could throw well downfield or was he actually a downgrade from Bortles. For one day at least Trubisky looked like the real deal with a bright future in this league. ARob may not get Hopkins or TY Hilton level of targets but he is still the #1 guy on the Bears. Just look at his targets the first few games. Others being involved in the passing game yesterday may turn out to be a blessing as well, as teams won't be able to just focus on him. Give it time!
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 am

I actually think last week's game was the best possible news for AROB owners. He caught a td, and Trubisky showed his skills in a way I wasn't sure he was even capable of doing. Trubisky showed he could be dangerous all over the field, and long-term that bodes well for AROB. I think AROB will have high-end WR2 value second half of the year this season as they grow into the offense.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 am

I'm going to paraphrase a well-respected WR talent evaluator:

"Allen Robinson isn't a route runner. He has 3 routes: Go, post, & cross. That's basically it. If he doesn't have a QB who can throw the ball deep on a consistent basis (Bortles) then he won't get fantasy points."

Trubisky as shown that he can indeed throw the deep ball, but with so many options, I think ARob is a boom or bust type player, the same way that DeSean Jackson was in Philly. If you need 20 points, ARob can do it. If you need a constant 10 points, ARob can't do it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Quite optimistic actually. Arob is a beast and has done quite well in every game. Yes the bears spread it around a lot vs the Bucs, but we now know trubisky can be an effective QB. They aren't paying Arob 14.5 million dollars a year to play second/third fiddle to Cohen and Gabriel eh? Arob still makes plays and will be involved more as they all get together. You also have to remember that the cards and packers actually have pretty solid DBs. Clinton-dix and Pat Pete are amazing DBs.

I'm happy the Trubisky showed he can be effective and spread the ball around, forces defences to be honest in coverage
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:53 pm

cp3 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:28 am He looks pretty good, physically, out there.

Aside from yesterday, Trubisky had been ATROCIOUS.
There's that echo...

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:56 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 am I'm going to paraphrase a well-respected WR talent evaluator:

"Allen Robinson isn't a route runner. He has 3 routes: Go, post, & cross. That's basically it. If he doesn't have a QB who can throw the ball deep on a consistent basis (Bortles) then he won't get fantasy points."

Trubisky as shown that he can indeed throw the deep ball, but with so many options, I think ARob is a boom or bust type player, the same way that DeSean Jackson was in Philly. If you need 20 points, ARob can do it. If you need a constant 10 points, ARob can't do it.
Is that quote from this season? I had the same complaints about ARob in Jacksonville, but his routes look hugely improved this year.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:46 am I'm going to paraphrase a well-respected WR talent evaluator:

I disagree with this big time. Robinson is a good route runner and far from a boom or bust player. He's not even just some one or two-route guy. So far, he hasn't been the problem. Trubisky just had his first really good game. Before that, Robinson was being overthrown and missed a bunch, despite leading in targets and air yards.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:09 pm

Also he doesn't only go deep. Week 2 vs Seahawks.

10-83-0 on 14 targets. Longest gain of the day was 14 yards
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:19 am

So you didn't think dropping the name of who said this was important? Or when?
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:23 am

As an ARob owner, I'll shop him once he has a few games of solid points. I'm not liking how this is all shaking out in Chicago.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:23 am As an ARob owner, I'll shop him once he has a few games of solid points. I'm not liking how this is all shaking out in Chicago.
Are you not digging Nagy, Trubisky or Arob?

I feel like if he starts stringing a few good games together it is what I would expect to happen and continue. Unless the games just feel really random somehow on how he gets his points I would be feeling pretty good.

If I could flip him for some guys I didn’t take in our startup this year that went after him I would- Corey Davis, JuJu, Cooks I would love to do that since I feel I missed the boat on them. But I liked Nagy and felt Trubisky showed enough with John Fox that I ended up with Arob.

I’m going to be holding him for the next couple years unless I get a fair offer at this point. I guess I believe it will start clicking at some point.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:42 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:23 am As an ARob owner, I'll shop him once he has a few games of solid points. I'm not liking how this is all shaking out in Chicago.
Are you not digging Nagy, Trubisky or Arob?

I feel like if he starts stringing a few good games together it is what I would expect to happen and continue. Unless the games just feel really random somehow on how he gets his points I would be feeling pretty good.

If I could flip him for some guys I didn’t take in our startup this year that went after him I would- Corey Davis, JuJu, Cooks I would love to do that since I feel I missed the boat on them. But I liked Nagy and felt Trubisky showed enough with John Fox that I ended up with Arob.

I’m going to be holding him for the next couple years unless I get a fair offer at this point. I guess I believe it will start clicking at some point.
I'm not liking Trubisky, mostly. And with the Bears having traded away a lot of premium draft picks, it'll be Trubisky's show for the foreseeable future.

I'm not liking the passing game vibe. The Bears will be led by their stud defense and not on a heavy pass attack. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know there are some ARob fans in my leagues so I'll target them once he has a big day.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.