Week IV Discussion thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Week IV Discussion thread

Postby dm1129 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:47 am

Being that it was a Thursday night game, neither team could really implement a game plan so it is really difficult to gain any true insight into either team from this single game. With that said, for those who do not recognize the talent of Goff, they need to open their eyes. Last night was not an aberration for him. Wentz has long been crowned the better of the the two picks from their draft by the fantasy community and I have always been saying no. Goff is exceptional at the cerebral part of playing QB, which in reality is the most important ingredient to playing QB. The problem fantasy owners have is this is it very difficult to recognize unless you truly know what you are looking at. It would not surprise me if Goff is a top 5 QB this season with the potential to be the top QB in the league in the future. Imagine Brady in his second year with Belichick, that is very similar to what you have with Goff and McVay today.
Last edited by dm1129 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ckbeav
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ckbeav » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:55 am

The team i'm playing this week traded for Goff on Tuesday... that's my luck this season! Looking at a chance of going 0-4. Lots of talent on my roster but most of it is on bad teams.
10-Team, PPR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R
QB: CJ Stroud
WR: AJ Brown, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Demario Douglas, Christian Watson, Elijah Moore, Marvin Mims, Wan'Dale Robinson, Rashod Bateman
RB: Bijan Robinson, Jonathan Taylor, Javonte Williams, Ken Walker, Zach Moss, Jaleel McLaughlin
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave, Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods
2013, 2016, 2021 Champ

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:03 am

Goff is talented.
But he also had all day to throw - it reminds me of the year Derek Carr was in the MVP conversation before he got hurt. Similarly, Carr had all day to throw.

Every single year we talk about a new top QB.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:35 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:03 am Goff is talented.
But he also had all day to throw - it reminds me of the year Derek Carr was in the MVP conversation before he got hurt. Similarly, Carr had all day to throw.

Haha, I would expect nothing less from you. Obviously any QB needs time to throw. Goff processes his progressions extremely quickly and his pre snap reads and adjustments are already top notch...and he is still progressing under the tutelage of possibly the best offensive mind in the league. Here are Goff's stats from the second half of last season and the first 4 from this season. It is important to remember last season was the first in a completely new offense for everyone on the unit and essentially was Goff's rookie year.

Comp 260
Att 389
66.8% completion
3491 Yds
30 Td
5 Int

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:53 am

Goff definitely improved from last year. In 2017, tho he had good numbers, he looked pretty bad to the eye test.

He’s doing a lot more now than just succeeding because of great scheme. He’s making some fantastic throws too.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:04 am

tom brady has had all day to throw his whole career. what's your point?

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:10 am

Not bad for a guy who didn't know where the sun rises. Guess Goff's #goodatfootball after all.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:17 pm

This year's been ridiculous for receivers in fantasy compared to 2017. Woods is WR15 in PPG right now with 19.05/game....last season 19.05/game after week 4 would have been WR2 (well ahead of Antonio Brown and a few points behind Diggs). Through 3 weeks (plus Thursday), 9 receivers are averaging 20+ and 30 are averaging 15+. Last season through week 3 those numbers were 2 and 13 (1 and 10 through week 4).
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:07 pm

You also predicted 7 points from the Rams' o before the game.

So your opinion can be taken with a heavy serving of salt.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Every elite QB needs all day to throw. Goff made some great throws last night though. He looked off the safety first and then made an amazing throw from the pocket. He's become very quick in going through his progressions.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:25 pm

hoos89 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:17 pm Last year was ridiculous for receivers in fantasy compared to the established trend over the several years prior. Woods is WR15 in PPG right now with 19.05/game....last season 19.05/game after week 4 would have been WR2 (well ahead of Antonio Brown and a few points behind Diggs). Through 3 weeks (plus Thursday), 9 receivers are averaging 20+ and 30 are averaging 15+. Last season through week 3 those numbers were 2 and 13 (1 and 10 through week 4).
Think the bold might be more accurate. Last year was an outlier compared to the trend of WR over RB in production not just because some teams had young QBs but also because the normal injury rate for RB was down.
Last edited by saw061600 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:52 pm

People are acting like I said Goff is bad. I never said any such thing. He looked great, but with that much time in the pocket lets not act like he is only one of a few who can do this. People are now throwing the top 5 suggestion out there and it has even been suggested he could end up the QB1. He very well COULD but he very well could not. Goff played a great game, but the Vikings played atrocious D. They were severely outcoached and out gameplanned. Goff took full advantage of that absolutely and played a great game but the "new QB1", "new RB1" or "new WR1" stuff is getting old. It sounds like every week someone has a hot performance. By the end of the year there will 25 top 10 guys at each position at this rate.

Cousins looked just as good - if not better, but had pressure in his face most of the night.

On another note..

It also might be time to think the Vikings are still hungover from their miracle victory. They have not won since week 1 and are likely going to lose next week too. This is not the same team - for whatever reason.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:52 pm People are acting like I said Goff is bad. I never said any such thing. He looked great, but with that much time in the pocket lets not act like he is only one of a few who can do this. People are now throwing the top 5 suggestion out there and it has even been suggested he could end up the QB1. He very well COULD but he very well could not. Goff played a great game, but the Vikings played atrocious D. They were severely outcoached and out gameplanned. Goff took full advantage of that absolutely and played a great game but the "new QB1", "new RB1" or "new WR1" stuff is getting old. It sounds like every week someone has a hot performance. By the end of the year there will 25 top 10 guys at each position at this rate.

Cousins looked just as good - if not better, but had pressure in his face most of the night.

On another note..

It also might be time to think the Vikings are still hungover from their miracle victory. They have not won since week 1 and are likely going to lose next week too. This is not the same team - for whatever reason.
You have made multiple statements in these forums about how Goff is nothing special, etc......not exactly a ringing endorsement. There was actually a lot in this game that Goff did that very few can do. When I stated Goff could be top 5 this season, it was not in any way based on one game. Goff has been playing at an extremely high level for nearly a full season of games and is still improving. His receiving corps is young and under contract. He has a young elite RB to keep opposing defenses honest who is also under contract for 6 years. Most importantly, he has a head coach who may be the best offensive mind in the game.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:32 pm

Goff looks monumentally better this season, and while I do think he's trending towards becoming a top QB I think we're forgetting something important: Goff has a top 5 O-line, the league's second best offensive weapons (probably behind KC) and the best offensive mind in the league. That's gonna boost him up.

Also, Phaded is right about this happening every year with a QB. In general we're too quick to judge someone as a top ten or bust.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:40 pm

I'm not sure Gurley + Cooks + Woods + Kupp isn't better than or at least as good as Kelce + Hill + Watkins + Hunt.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1