Is Landry a Sell high ?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Jarvis Landry - Should You Care?

Postby thebeast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Omg. The metrics cited in this thread are ridiculous. You guys take this too far. Landry is a baller, it’s that simple and thankfully CLE is using him better than Miami. This thread has been like watching a bunch of clowns get out of a tiny car.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Some people were still convinced that Parker was better than Landry just less than a year ago.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:48 pm Yards Per Reception wasn't the focus, since that includes YAC. It was Yards at the Catch, which Landry has usually ranked low in for four seasons. I'm not sure what the number is this year, but I'd assume it's higher so far. That's encouraging. I'm happy to be wrong about it though.
That's a rather strange stat to use... Jerry Rice made his living on the 5-7 yard slant and was long considered the best WR ever. Why are we dismissing yac... Isn't that solely on the WR and doesn't factor in the kind of route they were asked to run?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 am

skip wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:33 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:48 pm Yards Per Reception wasn't the focus, since that includes YAC. It was Yards at the Catch, which Landry has usually ranked low in for four seasons. I'm not sure what the number is this year, but I'd assume it's higher so far. That's encouraging. I'm happy to be wrong about it though.
That's a rather strange stat to use... Jerry Rice made his living on the 5-7 yard slant and was long considered the best WR ever. Why are we dismissing yac... Isn't that solely on the WR and doesn't factor in the kind of route they were asked to run?
Because yards at the catch is a result of the route ran. It's not much different than targeted air yards, which just adds up the yards a ball travelled to get to the receiver on each target. These aren't strange stats at all. If a player has 111 receptions in a season, but his air yards and yards at the catch are low, then his production is influenced a lot by high volume.

I'm not saying yac doesn't matter at all but it can bloat yards per reception. None of this has been a problem so far in Cleveland, though it's just 3 games.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:47 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 am
Because yards at the catch is a result of the route ran. It's not much different than targeted air yards, which just adds up the yards a ball travelled to get to the receiver on each target. These aren't strange stats at all. If a player has 111 receptions in a season, but his air yards and yards at the catch are low, then his production is influenced a lot by high volume.

I'm not saying yac doesn't matter at all but it can bloat yards per reception. None of this has been a problem so far in Cleveland, though it's just 3 games.
So are you using this to evaluate the talent of the receiver or just the expected production levels in the given offense?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:56 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:47 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 am

So are you using this to evaluate the talent of the receiver or just the expected production levels in the given offense?
Landry is a good receiver. The purpose was to ask if it was concerning that his four years in the NFL have been super-reliant on low target depth. And if it was, what happens if the volume of those targets decreases in the same role.

So far the numbers are day and night, and Cleveland is using him as a completely different player.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:14 am

Kinda makes you wonder if Miami has butchered Parker's development.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:20 am

Saw an interesting stat during the Cleveland Jets game. Last year, Landry was targeted 7 times on pass attempts of 20 yards or more. He secured 1 of them for 29 yards. His QBs rating on those pass attempts- 44.3.

Through the first 2 games this year, he was targeted 4 times for 20+ yards and secured 2 of them for 72 yards. His QBs passer rating on those- 95.8.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:21 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:14 am Kinda makes you wonder if Miami has butchered Parker's development.
True. Or how great Stills could be if they so horribly used Landry.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:16 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:20 am Saw an interesting stat during the Cleveland Jets game. Last year, Landry was targeted 7 times on pass attempts of 20 yards or more. He secured 1 of them for 29 yards. His QBs rating on those pass attempts- 44.3.

Through the first 2 games this year, he was targeted 4 times for 20+ yards and secured 2 of them for 72 yards. His QBs passer rating on those- 95.8.
No Tannehill last year. He is one of the most underrated QB's in the entire league.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Is Landry a Sell high ?

Postby ravn88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Or is Landry and Odell Beckham the Browns version of Thielen and Diggs ?

What is he going forward, Hold for contenders and Sell for rebuilding teams... ?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Is Landry a Sell high ?

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 pm

I'd say hold for both, we know obj, I doubt this will be his level of production consistently going forward.
I love Landry, he has such great intangibles, he has the It factor for me, I think we can expect consistent WR2 production out of him
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:41 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 pm I'd say hold for both, we know obj, I doubt this will be his level of production consistently going forward.
I love Landry, he has such great intangibles, he has the It factor for me, I think we can expect consistent WR2 production out of him
I also like Landry's skillset, but I got him in a league where im two draft out, 2020 and 2021.
What would be to good to refuse ? Low end 1st ?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Jarvis Landry has been one of the most underrated receivers in the NFL throughout his entire career and everyone always clutched on to his YPC from his final year as a Dolphin without evaluating the circumstances around it.

Landry has a lot of chemistry with Baker, that much is obvious. He is a gritty and tough player who brings a certain amount of intensity. He also works his bleep off.

I don't think he's a sell-high because I don't think you could even get "fair value" for him.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Id need an early first to move him, dude is a stud

Edit: Obviously he is befitting from the big brother effect of OBJ, but he has produced as a #1 in Miami before, and he has had a 900 yard floor for the past few seasons, imagine him as a #1 for a good QB? Deadly
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06