Josh Allen - Time to Believe!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Josh Allen

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:27 pm

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/r ... -chargers/

We already expected it but Josh Allen will be the starter Week II vs. the Chargers. Lets see if he can follow in Mahomes footsteps ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Hope so ArryIT. I'm thinking of starting him over Bradford in our matchup this week. Lol

Wentz..... Maybe by week 3. Hmmm. Argh.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:46 pm

JFever wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:35 pm Hope so ArryIT. I'm thinking of starting him over Bradford in our matchup this week. Lol

I think Valhalla might disown you if you do that. :lol:

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Life of Pablo wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 am I'm just coming across this thread now, and frankly, I don't want to read 255 posts about Josh Allen :lol:. If someone could be so kind, could you please either A) summarize the consensus of this thread, or B) provide how the dynasty community at-large feels about his long-term outlook? The answers will almost certainly convince me to purchase tickets for either the hype train or the anti-hype train.
Josh throw hard. Josh not throw very accurately. Does Josh throw accurately enough? Tough to tell.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:33 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:46 pm
JFever wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:35 pm Hope so ArryIT. I'm thinking of starting him over Bradford in our matchup this week. Lol

I think Valhalla might disown you if you do that. :lol:
Yeah, I'm a Vikings fan too. I like Bradford, but ya gotta play this fantasy game with your head, not your heart. I typically agree with Valhalla 99% of the time. In this case, if ya saw Bradford play last week and then you look at the upcoming match up vs the Rams, I think I'd lean toward Allen and some garbage points as they get killed by the other LA team. ..

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:49 pm

I know it's crazy but he was dropped a few weeks ago and he's still on the wire in my Zo Nasty team below...

For a contender like me where a guy like him will never sniff my starting lineup and already taking on a project with Rosen, should I pick him up? Or use that spot for a RB flyer since I'm weak at that spot? This is a 1QB league.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 am

0LDMAN wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:19 pm
Life of Pablo wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 am I'm just coming across this thread now, and frankly, I don't want to read 255 posts about Josh Allen :lol:. If someone could be so kind, could you please either A) summarize the consensus of this thread, or B) provide how the dynasty community at-large feels about his long-term outlook? The answers will almost certainly convince me to purchase tickets for either the hype train or the anti-hype train.
Josh throw hard. Josh not throw very accurately. Does Josh throw accurately enough? Tough to tell.
Josh has been very accurate . His wr suck and drop everything . His issue is he needs to just get rid of the ball and not have so much of a hero concept and taking sacks.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:02 am

I really like his long term outlook to be honest. Call it a gut feeling. Call it me liking his tape from his Wyoming days. I like his intangibles, his character, his blue collar grit. Maybe I just like the story... prob a combination of all that. I just hope that Buffalo starts to put more talent around him and I hope he is able to stay healthy and avoid that gun shy. I'm guessing they will have a very early draft pick. Hopefully they address the abysmal wr situation. I doubt McCoy has much tread left on tires so Buffalo could go in several different directions including defense. Will be fun to watch them try to turn things around.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:29 am

Buffalo hopefully tanks and gets pick #1. Inevitably, someone will fall in love with Hebert, Grier, or whomever, as it happens most drafts, especially since teams passed on Mahomes and Watson in the most recent draft that QB was "weak". Buff can sell the pick for a decent haul and address a couple spots (OL, WR). I guess they will take another shot at a Day 2 back to replace Shady, maybe with an eye towards a better class in 2020, if necessary. The D has some talent in the secondary (even if Week 1 did not show that) with White, Hyde, and Poyer. They invested a premium pick on Edmunds, and the line added Star and Harrison Phillips, whom they really like. I still think they draft line help next year though, some good prospects will be there.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 am

DJB wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:57 am
Josh has been very accurate . His wr suck and drop everything . His issue is he needs to just get rid of the ball and not have so much of a hero concept and taking sacks.
Unfortunately for him, and you and I, that's not changing anytime soon. That O-line might be the worst I've seen this year, and the WR2 is Zay Jones. ZAY JONES. That guy literally has feet for hands. I think they need a complete overhaul, coaches too. Still like Josh Allen but the Bills need wholesale changes and fast.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:00 am

I don't think I've ever been more conflicted about a player than about Josh Allen. I know how weird that sounds.

As a stats guy by trade, Allen has all the red flags to make me steer clear. In addition to accuracy issues, he's got literally nothing around him to help him succeed. Kelvin Benjamin might be the worst WR1 in the league and I feel confident that Zay Jones is the worst WR2 in the league. His offensive line is abysmal.

But for some reason, I LOVE him.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:39 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:00 am I don't think I've ever been more conflicted about a player than about Josh Allen. I know how weird that sounds.

As a stats guy by trade, Allen has all the red flags to make me steer clear. In addition to accuracy issues, he's got literally nothing around him to help him succeed. Kelvin Benjamin might be the worst WR1 in the league and I feel confident that Zay Jones is the worst WR2 in the league. His offensive line is abysmal.

But for some reason, I LOVE him.
You should add him to your higher on list.
I'm not that high on him, but he fell to me in the third round of a superflex, and at that point I simply couldn't pass up the value. Gotta root for the guy now :biggrin:
I think they do need some talent to help him out, just hope he survives the year. I was a little surprised they didn't grab some receiver help later in the draft, I thought Auden Tate would have made a phenomenal target for Allen and he was still available in the 7th.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:17 am

0LDMAN wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 am

Unfortunately for him, and you and I, that's not changing anytime soon. That O-line might be the worst I've seen this year, and the WR2 is Zay Jones. ZAY JONES. That guy literally has feet for hands. I think they need a complete overhaul, coaches too. Still like Josh Allen but the Bills need wholesale changes and fast.
The o line is a major concern. Worse than the WR or coaching situation. ( although Juan Castillo our line coach is garbage but don't get me started).

Heavy draft capital needs to be spent on the o line or Allen has no hope

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 am

He should be their punter then. :mrgreen:

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 am

I'll be in Buffalo on Sunday cheering on Allen! God knows the rest of the team isn't much to cheer for lol