The Le'Veon Bell Tolls ... To the Ravens

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Lev Bell Concerns

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 am

I already have him so I have to hold and hope for the best, but without being on the Steelers, you have to worry about his 2-4 year stretch. That being said, I'm not going to sell him for $0.75 on the $1, so it's a wait and see. Nobody is going to pay the market rate for him until he signs a long-term deal, so there's not much to do other than wait and hope he lands on an above average team.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Anybody starting to think Le'Veon misses regular season games?

Postby UATahoe » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 am

At this point, it seems like a given that he misses week 1 with the odds of him reporting on Saturday so he still gets paid for game 1 but sits. Anybody thinking he actually holds out longer and misses multiple games? Of course i would draw him in week 3 in one league. LOL.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Anybody starting to think Le'Veon misses regular season games?

Postby Servo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:47 am

Anyone know the last time that somebody big sat out? And sat out for an extended period of time? I can't say I remember or paid attention.

Supposedly, all Bell needs to do is "play" 6 games in 2018, and as long as he does that, it will have no effect on his FA in 2019. Seems incredibly farfetched that he goes through with this but I imagine seeing Todd Gurley get that raise is making Bell hella jealous.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:59 am

Servo wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:47 am Anyone know the last time that somebody big sat out? And sat out for an extended period of time? I can't say I remember or paid attention.

Supposedly, all Bell needs to do is "play" 6 games in 2018, and as long as he does that, it will have no effect on his FA in 2019. Seems incredibly farfetched that he goes through with this but I imagine seeing Todd Gurley get that raise is making Bell hella jealous.
VJax sat out to try and get past RFA status, but got screwed by the Chargers suspending him a game and leaving him short of accruing a season.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:10 am

ericanadian wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:59 am
Servo wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:47 am Anyone know the last time that somebody big sat out? And sat out for an extended period of time? I can't say I remember or paid attention.

VJax sat out to try and get past RFA status, but got screwed by the Chargers suspending him a game and leaving him short of accruing a season.
I'm pretty sure that suspension was 3 weeks and imposed by the league for a DUI.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:17 am

At this point, there doesn't seem to be any way the Steelers would play him with 0 days of work.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:19 am

Looks like he might be willing to sit until Week 10. Misses out on $8M to do it. Crazy.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:20 am

Anyone think that these hold outs that take up all of organized pre season team activities or trickle into the regular season, have any link to propensity for injury upon returning? I own Bell in zero leagues. (I drafted Monte Ball that year - lol). Just seems to me that muscle strains, hammy's, quads, calves, even pectorals, etc could be pushed too far too early by players that jump right into game action. Guess it all depends on their age, miles, and personal fitness regiment. If memory serves, Bell had a @zzload of touches last year. Might it be time for a slight regression?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:33 am

JFever wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:20 am Anyone think that these hold outs that take up all of organized pre season team activities or trickle into the regular season, have any link to propensity for injury upon returning? I own Bell in zero leagues. (I drafted Monte Ball that year - lol). Just seems to me that muscle strains, hammy's, quads, calves, even pectorals, etc could be pushed too far too early by players that jump right into game action. Guess it all depends on their age, miles, and personal fitness regiment. If memory serves, Bell had a @zzload of touches last year. Might it be time for a slight regression?
Would totally agree. Even moreso with Bell because of the volume he will be looking at when he does return. He will be in line for 25-30 touches a game which is a huge workload.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:40 am

Bell didn't report until ~1 week or so ahead of the regular season opener last year. He didn't have a great opening game stat line (he only had 10 carries).

Carson Palmer didn't report to the Bengals when he was demanding a trade and threatening retirement. He ultimately got traded to the Raiders.

Duane Brown held out for about half the season last year. After he reported, the Texans traded him to the Seahawks.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:51 am

Its starting to get the feel of a guy who really may hold out and miss games. Honestly i cant blame him with his workload. The dude could play half the games this year and if his play count stays on track, he would still out touch a lot of backs. Feel like he may be willing to stand firm and not allow the steelers to overuse him for one last year just to throw him away.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:15 am

James Connor time? Weird but, he did look capable when given opportunities. Seems to have some ppr appeal.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:17 am

At least I held Conner in my one league where I roster Bell. Wonder what percentage of DFS lineups start Conner week 1. Minimum price, vs. BROWNS. 95%? More?
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Someone in my league just traded a first for Conner...… my league is insane.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:04 pm

I think things are definitely about to get crazy. Based on Bell's agent's comments, if he doesnt report Saturday i wouldnt expect him until week 10. Obviously if he reports Saturday then he still gets paid but wont play game 1. To me, there is now in between. He is either missing week 1 or he sits until week 10. Seems to be a very concerted effort here to limit wear and tear on Bell. Seems to be a definite at this point though that he at least misses some game action.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez