Yet another cut question -- ASJ, Dez, Perine, or others?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Yet another cut question -- ASJ, Dez, Perine, or others?

Postby MontrealBen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:31 pm

Draft is basically in the books. I have to chop 3 players from the team in my sig. I've been trying hard to see what I can get for any of McCoy, Barber, Alf, Perine, Dez, and ASJ in terms of future picks (even a 4th), with little success. I *might* be able to get a late 2nd for Barber. If nothing happens, who do you cut? Are Perine, Dez, and ASJ the obvious choices?

EDIT -- If I want to buy some time, I can drop Tucker or the Minny DST and pick up a replacement before the games start, in the hopes of working out a trade after cut down day.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Yet another cut question -- ASJ, Dez, Perine, or others?

Postby Titans95 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:36 pm

You were right, drop the 3 you mentioned. all definitions of roster cloggers except for maybe ASJ but you don't need him

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 am

Anyone else?

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:05 am

I agree that those 3 are the drops.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:08 pm

I would cut the three guys you mentioned. However, if you can get any 2nd for Barber, I'd sell him ASAP.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Managed to move Perine and Dez for a 2020 3rd. Cut ASJ. Will see about being able to move Barber. Only one owner (who will pick late) has shown interest, and even then he's backing off that offer now.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:37 pm

I would’ve cut Gio before ASJ. Also would’ve tried to shop Doctson before selling Dez for peanuts. I would definitely hold Barber. RoJo is garbage. Even if you don’t believe in Barber, I’d wait to sell him after he has a couple good games.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:13 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:37 pm I would’ve cut Gio before ASJ.
Interesting. I like Gio for this roster for two reasons -- first is that if Mixon goes down he showed last year that he can lead a backfield and be startable, second is that he's a free agent and still relatively young and so should still hold value next year. ASJ strikes me as a TE who we all want to have value but doesn't have the after-the-catch ability to make him a reliable week-to-week point getter. Besides, my league doesn't really roster many TEs outside the top 15 or so (in addition to ASJ on the wire, so are Cook, Watson, Hurst, Goedert, Butt, Everett, Shaheen, and Smith).
Also would’ve tried to shop Doctson before selling Dez for peanuts.
People in my league don't seem to be willing to value young WRs until they've already blown up. Dede Westbrook and Ty Williams just got cut. Cole has been shopped. Chark and Pettis lasted until the 4th round of our rookie draft. Etc. I've been pushing people all offseason to offer up picks for my bench players and got nothing, so the only play was to identify the cut candidates and get something minor for them (and I was damn sure not holding Dez over Doctson).
I would definitely hold Barber. RoJo is garbage. Even if you don’t believe in Barber, I’d wait to sell him after he has a couple good games.
This is where I'm at. Not moving Barber for a late 2nd until I see how the first few games go.