New Vampire League!

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
tarantula13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

New Vampire League!

Postby tarantula13 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:47 am

I saw a post about a month or so ago advertising a vampire league. It looked fun so I decided to make my own!

For those unfamiliar, the general concept is that the league behaves like a typical dynasty league, except two teams will be considered vampire teams. They won't be able to participate in the startup draft or the rookie drafts at all. The catch is, whenever they beat someone with their initially awful team, they get to permanently steal a player from the opposing owner's starting lineup from that week. Vampires cannot acquire players through trades or the waiver wire either, so they must build their teams from free agent acquisitions (after waivers clear) and from feeding off other teams.

With the league I've created, there will be 14 total teams, 2 of which will be randomly assigned vampires. The league has a set time limit of 3 years, so if the vampire doesn't within 3 years of feeding off other teams, they get no winnings. In order to balance things out part of the prize pool will be a vampire pot. If the vampire wins the league by winning a championship, the league will end and the vampire gets the vampire pot. If a vampire doesn't win, that vampire pot is split up to the top 4 most consistent teams based on combined wins throughout the 3 years. For the vampires, it's a high risk/reward play. For the other owners, there's slightly better odds at payouts.

I've made a rough draft of the bylaws here which contains a lot more information on the scoring, prize pool, etc.:

https://goo.gl/NhPTwr

Buy-ins will be $50 per year and collected all up front. I'm looking for owners:
  • Are willing to commit for 3 years
  • Can pay $150 up front (LeagueSafe)
  • Will be active and fun to play with
  • Can live draft Saturday September 1st
  • Are willing to be a normal team
Hoping to get this league filled so we can draft this Saturday (9/1)! Let me know if you have any questions or are interested. I'm also interested in hearing feedback on the bylaws or the setup, it's my first time hosting this type of league. I wanted to make being a vampire difficult, but very much possible.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: New Vampire League!

Postby jomaed » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:43 pm

Having 2 "vampires" seems like it would be way too difficult for them to gain any valuable players. Not only do they get the leftover scraps, but then they have to fight another "vampire" for those....

tarantula13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tarantula13 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:45 pm

titans44 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:43 pm Having 2 "vampires" seems like it would be way too difficult for them to gain any valuable players. Not only do they get the leftover scraps, but then they have to fight another "vampire" for those....
Hopefully this will be offset by having a reduced bench size, so there's more viable players. I'm definitely open to creating smaller benches so it makes sense.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Didn't look closely at the starting and bench requirements, so that makes sense. Do you have any spots filled yet?

tarantula13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tarantula13 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:29 pm

titans44 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:58 pm Didn't look closely at the starting and bench requirements, so that makes sense. Do you have any spots filled yet?
Yes! We currently have 6 slots filled so we're looking for 8 more. It's being hosted on Sleeper and I can PM you the LeagueSafe/Invite link if your interested.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:33 pm

tarantula13 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:29 pm
titans44 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:58 pm Didn't look closely at the starting and bench requirements, so that makes sense. Do you have any spots filled yet?
Yes! We currently have 6 slots filled so we're looking for 8 more. It's being hosted on Sleeper and I can PM you the LeagueSafe/Invite link if your interested.
I sent a PM

Garrettmills23
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Garrettmills23 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:19 pm

Hello! I am interested and would like a spot. Is there any way I can be the vampire? If it has to be random I completely understand and would still like a spot.

Thanks!

tarantula13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tarantula13 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:03 am

Garrettmills23 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:19 pm Hello! I am interested and would like a spot. Is there any way I can be the vampire? If it has to be random I completely understand and would still like a spot.

Thanks!
Vampires are chosen randomly, if someone doesn't want to be a vampire they can pass and I know a couple people are thinking about that if they get chosen. I'll go ahead and send you a PM!

smcgowan87
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby smcgowan87 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:44 pm

I’m interested in joining if you could send me the link?

tarantula13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tarantula13 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:23 am

smcgowan87 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:44 pm I’m interested in joining if you could send me the link?
Thanks for joining! Only need 4 more people.