General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Valhalla » Wed May 30, 2018 2:41 pm

ericanadian wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:37 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm *Puts on tinfoil hat*

Teddy B starts the season over Josh McCown and looks very good. People wondering if Darnold will get any playing time with him in there

Giants have a decent team with Barkley and OBJ, but Eli is just a dumpster fire and clearly they should have drafted rookie QB in the last draft

Jets happily trade Teddy to the Giants for a 2nd or 3rd so that they can start their beloved Darnold, and Giants now how a capable and young QB. New York win-win

*Removes tinfoil hat*
I think the Jags are a much more likely destination for a trade. Bortles is unlikely to be any good and if the Jags defense continues to dominate and Fournette stays healthy, Bridgewater makes a whole lot of sense in that offense.
Too much sense for it to happen...

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:30 pm

I have a share of teddy and would love to see him start some place and excel,but I just don't see that happening.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Posted this elsewhere, but might as well put it in an actual Bridgewater thread...

Bridgewater just passes the eye test for me. He is very good at managing a high degree of pressure. He was, I believe, the most pressured QB in the NFL. I remember seeing a stat (probably from PFF) that compared the rate of pressures Newton faced in that Super Bowl game with the Broncos constantly destroying him, and the average pressure Bridgewater faced. In Bridgewater’s average game that season, he was more consistently pressured than Cam was in that laughable display of “protection” against the Broncos. So that gives some idea of his OL play for those who can’t remember (because everyone remembers that super bowl I presume).
Anyways, he wasn’t just dealing with that high amount of pressure consistently; he was dealing with it with some efficiency. And this was in an antiquated, Norv Turner system. Norv is installing some different looks now, but he wasn’t back then. This was VERY similar to the Jeff Fisher offense, designed around running incredibly predictably on 1st and 2nd and passing on usually 3rd and long (because 3rd and short was often another run). It ran mostly from the I-form, because Peterson was great in that and pretty bad from shotgun. This was much like the Jared Goff rookie season, but Bridgewater was more pressured...and still far more effective than Goff. The key difference? Goff was moved into McVay’s system the following offseason. Bridgewater was moved to the hospital. Now his story continues. He showed FAR more than most QBs would have shown in that system.

For those that fall back on the argument that he was bad because he wasn’t putting up huge numbers...well he wasn’t really allowed to. He had the fewest pass attempts of all starters that season, as it was an offense designed around Peterson and defense. Bridgewater was quite often asked to pass in obvious passing situations, without the benefit of frequent passes in less obvious situations to bolster his stats. He was fighting a real uphill battle, playing in a type of system that makes qbs look like garbage, and he was actually quite smart and efficient with the ball.

He didn’t connect well on the deep ball...but was passing deep to who? Jarius Wright? Charles Johnson was arguably his best WR, and he was needing to connect with these guys under heavy pressure on usually third and obvious situations.

I’m not saying Bridgewater is some hidden Russell Wilson or something. I’m saying he’s under-appreciated for what he DID accomplish given the situation, and is now just looked at by most as an underperformer who got injured. He’s not once played behind an even adequate line. Only behind league worst type of play. He’s primarily gotten to play in the I-form...not his strong suit and not one suited for QB stats. I wouldn’t be so quick to write him off based on past performance, because I actually believe his past performance is a strike FOR him, not against him.

There’s my brief summary...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:53 pm

Teddy Bridgewater, like Sam Bradford is one of those QBs I want to cheer for - but for some reason they always get screwed over (either by injury or bad situation) and as a result those owners that do not like to delve deep into reasons put them as 'busts' - which lowers their consensus market value.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Small standing slow clap after that post Valhalla

Well done sir ;)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Well here’s something interesting

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 pm

I know I’m getting excited...although I would be more excited if he had all of NO’s normal weapons at his disposal.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:43 am

I traded for Bridgewater about 3 months ago. Gave away Keelan Cole, 2nd and 3rd rookie picks in 2019 draft. I'm kind of hoping Drew wins the Super Bowl, retires and Teddy takes over. Maybe he waits one more year to take the job knowing Drew is at the end.

Or he signs as a free agent this year. He's the best available. I hope he kills it Sunday!!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:49 am

jtsmalls wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:43 am I traded for Bridgewater about 3 months ago. Gave away Keelan Cole, 2nd and 3rd rookie picks in 2019 draft. I'm kind of hoping Drew wins the Super Bowl, retires and Teddy takes over. Maybe he waits one more year to take the job knowing Drew is at the end.

Or he signs as a free agent this year. He's the best available. I hope he kills it Sunday!!
Would definitely like to see Brees retire and Bridgewater stick around in that offense. Imagine Bridgewater, Kamara, MT, Smith. Solid offense.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Anyone have a prediction / expectation of what you expect this week?

Say 250 yards with 2 Tds & 1 Int?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 pm

95 yards and 3 picks...because it’s his pattern to break the hearts of those rooting for him.

I hope Payton tries to really keep the system open to bridgewater, tests him out with lots of shotgun (which he thrived with in college and hasn’t gotten to do much of since). See what he can do...don’t just hand it off 40 times...

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:14 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:22 pm Anyone have a prediction / expectation of what you expect this week?

Say 250 yards with 2 Tds & 1 Int?
If Thomas, Kamara and Ingram sit most of it, this will be valuable snaps/film for the B squad, including Austin Carr and Keith Kirkwood. I don't think you can discount Taysom Hill getting significant touches.

I'll say 200 and a TD for Bridgewater, 30 pass 70 rush for Hill.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:53 am

Yeah it is going to be interesting - I think it is likely that NO will use plays & players they want to see how they do that they couldn't or did not want to use prior - but at the same time I do not expect them to do anything that will show their hand for their playoff gameplan.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 pm 95 yards and 3 picks...because it’s his pattern to break the hearts of those rooting for him.
Not too far off so far
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2