Tre’Quan Smith

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Tre'Quan Smith

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Pardon me if I missed an earlier thread on Tre'Quan but I can't understand for the life of me why this kid hasn't gotten more pub in dynasty circles. He had a great athletic profile coming out of college with equally promising numbers on the field. He was a 3rd round pick by an offensive minded coach with a hof QB and stud wr on opposite side of field to draw coverage. He has led the team in preseason and but churning out solid stories all camp long. All he has to do to win a meaningful job is best out a 32 year old vet and a guy coming off an ACL who is also learning a new playbook. Someone please explain to me why I'm not hearing more about this kid in dynasty circles.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tre'Quan Smith

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Me neither, I thought he should have been going in the early 2nd, but I got him in the late 2nd a few times. Use it to your advantage and try and grab him everywhere you can, I guess.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:12 pm

Oh yeah, I really like him and have him in several leagues. I’m not sure why there’s not much talk about him, kinda odd.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 pm

:thumbup:
fakespike13 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 pm Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:47 am

- Michael Thomas is becoming a superstar, if he isn't already, and long-term target hog
- Alvin Kamara is probably the team's de facto #2 receiver now
- at least near term, Meredith and Ginn will get their own targets
- Drew Brees is close to done and the Saints have nothing waiting in the wings
- also, Brees' pass attempts plummeted last season
- Tre'Quan Smith has talent, but that talent isn't so outrageous that it eclipses near and long term worries related to the above points

And that's why Smith is a bit of an after thought right now in dynasty. He's still going in the 2nd round of rookie drafts, though. So he's not exactly forgotten.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:56 am

I do not want to invest in any saints players at their price. Sure there are good offensive weapons but with Brees so old and without any competent QB in waiting nobody knows how those players will be good once Brees retire.I prefer invest in young offense.
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:39 am

Love Tre'Quan, happy to get him in the middle of 2nd. Understand the above listed concerns, but think Brees plays at least 2 years (still has plenty of ability), and believe Tre may have a real opportunity to become the teams WR2. He's showing up in camp and in games while guys like J'Mon Moore fall on their face and Callaway reinforce red flags. Think there's lots of value to be had in him.

ManhattanProject
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ManhattanProject » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:51 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:47 am - Michael Thomas is becoming a superstar, if he isn't already, and long-term target hog
- Tre'Quan Smith has talent, but that talent isn't so outrageous that it eclipses near and long term worries related to the above points

And that's why Smith is a bit of an after thought right now in dynasty. He's still going in the 2nd round of rookie drafts, though. So he's not exactly forgotten.
Replace Thomas with AB, Kamara with Bell, Meredith with Martavis, and Brees with Rothlisberger. Tre'quan could easily become a quality player this year in even with what looks like a difficult situation.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:38 pm

ManhattanProject wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:51 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:47 am - Michael Thomas is becoming a superstar, if he isn't already, and long-term target hog

Replace Thomas with AB, Kamara with Bell, Meredith with Martavis, and Brees with Rothlisberger. Tre'quan could easily become a quality player this year in even with what looks like a difficult situation.
Plus other than colston for a year or 2 brees has NEVER has just 1 "bell cow" type reciever that would can count on year in and year out.

Love MT and he WILL obviously out do smith this year and over the next few years. But they wont pay them both, one will be shipped off.

Theres enough balls to go around for everyone to eat.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:29 am

Yeah, trying to project the offense in 2-3 years when Tre"quan is entering his prime is a craps shoot. Where will JuJu be in 3 years? Who will throw him the ball, will they have Bell's replacdment? Maybe they take a top back in 2020...The talent is there, and this staff has a history of hitting on day 2 skill position picks recently. I'd take Tre'quan over guys like Anthony Miller and Kalen Ballage quite easily, but that's me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:44 am

People thought he'd be behind Thomas, Meredith and Ginn. He's probably only behind Thomas now. People can't always project future situations for dynasty super well.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:57 am

ManhattanProject wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:51 pm Replace Thomas with AB, Kamara with Bell, Meredith with Martavis, and Brees with Rothlisberger. Tre'quan could easily become a quality player this year in even with what looks like a difficult situation.
1.) Remember, this is a rookie, who's still developing and was a late 3rd round pick in part because he's probably not ready to make an immediate, season long impact.

2.) Smith ain't JJSS, man.
koalabear wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:44 am He's probably only behind Thomas now.
Not so fast. No evidence of this yet. Smith has played in the 3rd and 4th quarter of preseason so far.

If he's on the field in the 1st quarter in the third week, then the case can be made.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:37 am

This pretty much sums it up for me. Plenty of talented wide receivers with insane profiles that go on to do absolutely nothing in the NFL because of their situations and/or lack of opportunity for targets. I'd actually argue he might be being overvalued in the 2nd round. Robert Davis comes to mind, though this season he's out for injury, but last year was simply no opportunity available.

DLF_TylerK
Captain
Captain

Tre’Quan Smith

Postby DLF_TylerK » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:25 pm

What’s his value and outlook? I like him as a prospect but I feel like he’s slumping a bit.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TylerFFCreator
Check out my DLF Author Profile for all my articles: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/karpj123/