1st time dynasty player, Hybrid startup draft - How are my results?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Darvish11
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

1st time dynasty player, Hybrid startup draft - How are my results?

Postby Darvish11 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm

First time ever doing a dynasty team or anything resembling auction style, also due to this being a hybrid style draft it ended up being pen & paper style in person. Really glad I spent several hours now making a spreadsheet i was worried i wasn't going to be able to use, was quite handy.
Draft was first 6 rounds (72 picks worth of players, 6 per team) auction style, 200$ budget. After that went to a snake draft.
League is 12 team .7ppr starting spots are: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, D, 11 bench spots
Players in ( ) are who I got in the auction portion.

My Team:
QB: Brady, Rivers, Trubisky
RB: (Ajayi), Drake, Duke, Cohen, Burkhead, Powell, Abdullah
WR: (OBJ), (Mike Evans), (Davante Adams), (Doug Baldwin), Anthony Miller, Chris Godwin, Antonio Callaway
TE: (Njoku), Kittle
K: Lutz
D: Car, Pit

My notes/thoughts: Really like my WR. concerned a tad about RB - but since we only start 2 vs. starting 3 wr i am hopeful that I grabbed a solid mix that I can play matchups well enough & get sneaky value out of them. Also felt like Rb's are the easiest place to replenish every year through the rookie draft.. Didn't really want to grab Godwin & Evans both as they are on the same team, but I really like Godwin and couldn't pass up taking him off the board as like the ~150th player. Probably could/should have passed on the 3rd QB to grab another WR/RB? Had I better been able to gauge that everyone would be so out of $ in the auction that a few nice rookie rb's would go for like 1$ I think I would have passed on Njoku, but I got him for basically nothing so w/e.

Don't think I have too many regrets here, any thoughts?

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 1st time dynasty player, Hybrid startup draft - How are my results?

Postby topher » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 am

I think your team is pretty decent actually, would agree you are weak at RB. Assuming this is a PPR league though, Duke and Cohen are solid flex plays that can produce enough for you while your WR shoulder the load. I think it was a good idea getting Trubisky actually, although I may not have drafted Rivers when already having Brady, but that is just me, its not an issue.

Just keep tabs on the waiver wire and maybe some potential situations to sell high on Miller and Callaway for more RB help.