Postby mullmania » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:48 pm

mullmania wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:45 pm I've never heard of Deon Cain
And now I have. Little speedster playing with Luck? Sign me up haha

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why you should buy Treadwell

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:33 pm Just going off DLF's rankings, let's assume late 3rd being pick 36 - that would be Deon Cain in their rankings.
For their WR rankings - Treadwell is 82, Cain is 90.
I was with you on buying Treadwell low, but in this head to head choice, I'd rather have Cain. It's a devil you know vs devil you don't kind of thing.

Reason for optimism- Cousins tends to spread the ball and not lock into someone. But,he's never had a WR as good as the starting ones in Minnesota.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:30 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pmTreadwell's dynasty value right now is about the same as Philip Dorsett's.
Interesting comp - I don't agree personally: I checked DLF rankings just to see, they have Tread as the WR82 out of 124. Dorsett did not make the list.
Only because Dorsett is another year removed from his own failed 1st round selection.

That's why I compare them -- late 1st round picked WR busts that aren't working / haven't worked out for the team that drafted them.

More than likely, by this time next year Treadwell will be where Dorsett is now. I'm guessing Kendall Wright (PFF grade of 76.3 last year) is going to take the #3 job from Treadwell in camp, and then Treadwell will fall off the board, as Dorsett has.

As for Dorsett, at least his testing numbers show an NFL-level athlete. If Treadwell can salvage his career, so can Dorsett.

By the way, I recommend these rankings: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ranking ... verall.php. These include DLF's voters plus a bunch more. Be careful not to include any voter that hasn't updated their rankings since the NFL draft. Fantasypros notes the date of the most recent update so you can deselect a voter if appropriate.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:33 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:27 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm Because there are people out there that would rather have a late 3rd or a 4th than a guy like Treadwell.
in leagues that size with monster size rosters that size, a 3rd is not cheap at all.
Just going off DLF's rankings, let's assume late 3rd being pick 36 - that would be Deon Cain in their rankings.
For their WR rankings - Treadwell is 82, Cain is 90.

So I would say that is a good price to pay for Treadwell.

You are clearly not someone with much experience in deep leagues based on a number of your comments already - so perhaps you should leave this part to people who do.

I can't believe I'm defending Treadwell. I hated him pre-draft and you can find those posts. But my point still stands, you can do a lot worse for a cheap flier than him. I'm done here.
what is alot worse Kenny Britt? at least with Britt hes proved he can play, Treadwell even in the so called deep leagues should be considered poop.

he is not even close to a good buy, all your buying is draft pedigree. nothing more.

glad your done because there is nothing attractive about a 2 year flop.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm He is currently running as the #3, is a conceivable trade option, Diggs is no guarantee to stay and even if he plays his full contract he will enter UDFA just before he turns 25.

Hes as good a cheap buy as any. Dynasty is a long term game, despite the redraft mindset around here.
Essentially my original post about him as a good buy low.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:15 pm

gausec wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:13 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:28 pm He is currently running as the #3, is a conceivable trade option, Diggs is no guarantee to stay and even if he plays his full contract he will enter UDFA just before he turns 25.

Hes as good a cheap buy as any. Dynasty is a long term game, despite the redraft mindset around here.

so essentially, go buy him because he was once a first round draft pick and now hes worthless.
Not get him because he has has shown something to make him valuable.

to many people on these boards value draft pedigree way to high.

Guess that's why some value Watkins so high...

WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:27 am

joeya2001 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:15 pm

so essentially, go buy him because he was once a first round draft pick and now hes worthless.

Yes and yes.

You obviously don't see his point. He isn't saying he will be a starter or even a top 24 guy, but that he was a first round pick, was a top 3 rookie pick in dynasty drafts and now is basically free. Go buy him for a 4th and take a chance. Its called buying low, hes a flyer, maybe he never does anything but that's what you are supposed to do is invest in guys with upside who are cheap.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:29 am

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:50 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:30 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pmTreadwell's dynasty value right now is about the same as Philip Dorsett's.
Interesting comp - I don't agree personally: I checked DLF rankings just to see, they have Tread as the WR82 out of 124. Dorsett did not make the list.
Only because Dorsett is another year removed from his own failed 1st round selection.

That's why I compare them -- late 1st round picked WR busts that aren't working / haven't worked out for the team that drafted them.

More than likely, by this time next year Treadwell will be where Dorsett is now. I'm guessing Kendall Wright (PFF grade of 76.3 last year) is going to take the #3 job from Treadwell in camp, and then Treadwell will fall off the board, as Dorsett has.

As for Dorsett, at least his testing numbers show an NFL-level athlete. If Treadwell can salvage his career, so can Dorsett.

By the way, I recommend these rankings: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ranking ... verall.php. These include DLF's voters plus a bunch more. Be careful not to include any voter that hasn't updated their rankings since the NFL draft. Fantasypros notes the date of the most recent update so you can deselect a voter if appropriate.
Treadwell is 80, Dorsett again went unranked.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:56 am

pierson242 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:27 am

Yes and yes.

You obviously don't see his point. He isn't saying he will be a starter or even a top 24 guy, but that he was a first round pick, was a top 3 rookie pick in dynasty drafts and now is basically free. Go buy him for a 4th and take a chance. Its called buying low, hes a flyer, maybe he never does anything but that's what you are supposed to do is invest in guys with upside who are cheap.
Just because something is cheap doesn't make I good value.

My dollar store down the road is selling Rib eye steam for 1$ stop and shop sells it at 6.99.

just because its cheap doesn't mean its good value. You get what you paid for.

Crap=Crap.

by all means if you would rather take a shot at someone who is more than likely the next DHB go for it. Treadwell is nothing more than a roster clogger. anyone new to fantasy I would advise to not going after him, more than not you will be dropping him anyway. id rather take the shot at a late pick than him.

Ryan Leaf was once a great buy, Bishop Sankey, Jack Locker, Trent Richards, Jamarcus Russell,

The list can go on....

At on point all these guys were once "great buys" and where did that get anyone.

Treadwell is a bust and will be joining this list sooner rather than later.

but again, if he's such a "great value' buy away!!! Not my pick being wasted

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:06 am

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:56 am

Yes and yes.

My dollar store down the road is selling Rib eye steam for 1$ stop and shop sells it at 6.99.

Crap=Crap.

by all means if you would rather take a shot at someone who is more than likely the next DHB go for it. Treadwell is nothing more than a roster clogger. anyone new to fantasy I would advise to not going after him, more than not you will be dropping him anyway. id rather take the shot at a late pick than him.

Ryan Leaf was once a great buy, Bishop Sankey, Jack Locker, Trent Richards, Jamarcus Russell,

The list can go on....

At on point all these guys were once "great buys" and where did that get anyone.

Couldn't I argue all the IFs for him being good. You just are assuming hes bad, what if I wanna assume hes good. Stock in apple used to be very cheap, turned out to be a good value. Just because it has a crap price doesn't always make it crap in the end.

But if youd rather not waste a pick and use it on a high upside guy like Chase Edmunds then by all means go for it :wink:

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:16 am

pierson242 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:06 am

Yes and yes.

Crap=Crap.

The list can go on....

Couldn't I argue all the IFs for him being good. You just are assuming hes bad, what if I wanna assume hes good. Stock in apple used to be very cheap, turned out to be a good value. Just because it has a crap price doesn't always make it crap in the end.

But if youd rather not waste a pick and use it on a high upside guy like Chase Edmunds then by all means go for it :wink:
Edmonds was a FA in my league didn't have to pay anything ;)

Here is my post if you needed proof!!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165956

id like to hear some great examples of players on your roster that were once first round talents and 2 years later you bought dirt cheap that turned out to be good??!!

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:25 am

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:16 am

Crap=Crap.

The list can go on....

id like to hear some great examples of players on your roster that were once first round talents and 2 years later you bought dirt cheap that turned out to be good??!!
While this player did at least have yards his first two years, Davantee Adams, in 2016 his adp was 152, could be had in the 13th round of a startup, all because people gave up after two years.

Mark Ingram had a very low ADP before 2016 as well before he posted back to back 1000 yard seasons.

Nelson Agahlor is also a perfect example

Not saying Treadwell is the next Adams, but he is still worth a flyer.
Last edited by pierson242 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 am

pierson242 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:25 am
joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:16 am

While this player did at least have yards his first two years, Davantee Adams, in 2016 his adp was 152, could be had in the 13th round of a startup, all because people gave up after two years.

Mark Ingram had a very low ADP before 2016 as well before he posted back to back 1000 yard seasons.

Not saying Treadwell is the next Adams, but he is still worth a flyer.
well there you have it to all that's reading, buy Treadwell....lol

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:10 am

That meat analogy was one of the most stupid comparisons I have ever read on this board. Congratulations. I guess it at least says a lot about the intelligence level on that side of the debate.

Fantasy players are a lot more like a stock market, not the difference betweem cheap and premium cuts of meat.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:10 am That meat analogy was one of the most stupid comparisons I have ever read on this board. Congratulations. I guess it at least says a lot about the intelligence level on that side of the debate.

Fantasy players are a lot more like a stock market, not the difference betweem cheap and premium cuts of meat.

Glad someone agrees :D