Personal league dilemma

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Personal league dilemma

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:17 am

Reviewing trades to verify that they meet the rules criteria is a horse of a different feather than reviewing a trade to meet some valuation criteria .
I understand people objecting and in my leagues people whine ( or object if you like) about trades but they are made to understand whine until hell freezes over if that helps your boat float but do not ever ( and I mean ever) expect or anticipate a veto.

I have mocked owner stupidity in my leagues and other leagues for idiotic trades as a self appointed value police officer from time to time . What I haven't done is call for a veto with one exception and that was a deal where two owners got mad at another commish traded 6 starters for 6 practice squad guys just being derelicts . That commish voided the deal & patched things up but I would have immediately undone the deal and threw the 2 douchers out of the club . He hates to recruit managers so he took the easy way out , I blasted both of the morons mercilessly to hopefully run them off to no avail . Across my 6 dynasty league those 2 guys are the only guys on my no trade list / no contact list.

Leagues die that is a fact but keeping one alive on life support to appease some wussies because some manager structured a killer deal to improve his team (that is the damned job kids don't apologize for doing your job ) is not a way I wish to provide such support. If I need your approval to run my team then let's stop the competition premise and sit in a kindergarten circle and sing lullaby songs .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:23 am

Try to get your money back and bounce. These things don't tend to get better in time.

Values change so much relatively quickly. Vetoes are never a good idea. I left a league in 2016 after a trade veto:

Dealt Theilan & McKinnon for Latiavius Murray for a playoff push. Vetoed. Fast forward a year, that trade would've been a massive win for the rebuild who dealt me Murray.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

BeeziBad
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BeeziBad » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:01 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:37 am If you felt the need to post about vetoes, then that's your gut telling you that you don't like how this league is run. I'd cut bait and cite life business and see if you can get your dues back. Otherwise try to win this year and then leave.
Probably the route i'll take. The reigning champ's team (beat the commish last year) is very well off and the commish seems to not want to let the guy make any moves now. i'm deploying this summer, and i'll need something to occupy my time but when i get back, after the season, i'll be out and won't waste my time. one and done.

...unless one of my deals gets vetoed, i'll leave on the spot. eff the money. that would push me over the edge.
The Mega Powers - 12Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - 1PPR
QB - R. Tannehill, T. Bridgewater
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, C. Akers, Z. Moss, R. Jones, R. Armstead, M. Davis, C. Edmonds
WR - J. Jeudy, H. Ruggs, T. Higgins, L. Shenault, C. Claypool, J. Reagor, C. Davis, J. Washington, B. Aiyuk, Q. Cephus, KJ Hamler, A. Lazard
TE - C. Herndon, D. Sample
Picks - 2021 - 1, 1, 1

Jabroni Beaters - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - NONPPR
QB - P. Mahomes B. Mayfield
RB - S. Barkley, E. Elliott, JK Dobbins, A. Peterson, M. Breida, D. Freeman
WR - T. Hill. AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Jefferson, J. Edelman, B. Aiyuk, L. Shenault, JJAW, B. Edwards
TE - Z. Ertz, H. Hurst, J. Smith

SuperSonics - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - .5 PPR
QB - S. Darnold, R. Tannehill, C. Newton
RB - E. Elliott, N. Chubb, D. Cook, R. Jones, A. Peterson
WR - T. Hill, O. Beckham, D. Metcalf, C. Davis, H. Renfrow, R. Cobb
TE - Z. Ertz, E. Engram, H. Henry, J. Smith, K. Rudolph
Picks - 2020 - 2.7
2021 - 2, 3

turkjetfan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby turkjetfan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 am

Play out the league this year. If you want leave after this year. Would be shitty for you to bail that quickly.
14 team 1 pt PPR

QB: Baker, Darnold
RB: Kareem, Miles Sanders, Darrell Henderson, Ito Smith, Jay Ajayi, Damien Harris, CJ Anderson, Dion Lewis, Corey Clement
WR: Jarvis, DK Metcalf, Robby Anderson, Tyrell Williams, Kenny Stills, Donte Moncrief, David Moore, Hakeem Butler, Miles Boykin, Scott Miller, Anthony Johnson
TE: Hooper, Doyle, Jace Sternberger

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:24 am

BeeziBad wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:01 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:37 am If you felt the need to post about vetoes, then that's your gut telling you that you don't like how this league is run. I'd cut bait and cite life business and see if you can get your dues back. Otherwise try to win this year and then leave.
Probably the route i'll take. The reigning champ's team (beat the commish last year) is very well off and the commish seems to not want to let the guy make any moves now. i'm deploying this summer, and i'll need something to occupy my time but when i get back, after the season, i'll be out and won't waste my time. one and done.

...unless one of my deals gets vetoed, i'll leave on the spot. eff the money. that would push me over the edge.
That's what I'd do.

Seems you have 2 options-
1) Poke the bear and try to get a deal done with the commish's competitor. Do it with the purpose of improving the team, dint give up value, but get a number of trades agreed to and see how many the commish vetoes. Start small, with a player for a future 4th or something.
2) Save your time and don't try to trade with his competitor, since the commish will veto anyway.

Either way, bounce after year 1. Option 1 gives a well-grounded reason, but will take more time.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:59 am

Try to win and peace out. Not saying screw the team over, but make deals to win now (if possible who knows with an orphan) then leave at the end of the year. If this team really has no chance, then I might ask for my money back and cite the veto thing seeing as he told you no vetos.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:24 am

turkjetfan wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 am Would be shitty for you to bail that quickly.
I don't agree. What's "shitty" is the commissioner telling him one thing and then doing the opposite.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:37 am

skip wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:24 am
turkjetfan wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 am Would be shitty for you to bail that quickly.
I don't agree. What's "shitty" is the commissioner telling him one thing and then doing the opposite.
Yea, not shitty at all given the circumstances
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF