Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Re: what does duke extension mean for chubb?

Postby playa_hata » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:30 pm

ill just say it I own chubb and hyde and I am really worried about both of them but i do not want to sell short at all
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Maybe the Brownies just want an early down thumper (Chubb or Hyde) and a hellacious COP (i.e. Duke). They don't really care whether it's Hyde or Chubb or both. Let 'em duke it out (couldn't resist) for early down back privileges. Winner gets to stay paired up with Dukey (sorry one more) for the forseeable future. And the other, well, is expandable. If it works, it could solidify their backfield for a long time and potentially make Hyde's 1-year rental would look cheap. And if they both play great, well, RB depth is never a bad thing.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm

Defender wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm Contract extensions are handled by the front office. Usage is decided upon by the coaching staff.

If Chubb truly is the stud that many of us believe him to be, no number of competing RBs and no amount of cap spent on said RBs will stop him from taking hold of a 3-down role. Time will tell.
Rule #1: If the coach doesn't think a player can play then the front office sure as hell won't extend a player. GM's do not do anything without coach involvement when it comes to precious cap space on extensions.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Ice wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm
Defender wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm Contract extensions are handled by the front office. Usage is decided upon by the coaching staff.

If Chubb truly is the stud that many of us believe him to be, no number of competing RBs and no amount of cap spent on said RBs will stop him from taking hold of a 3-down role. Time will tell.
Rule #1: If the coach doesn't think a player can play then the front office sure as hell won't extend a player. GM's do not do anything without coach involvement when it comes to precious cap space on extensions.
There's a good chance Cleveland has a new coach next year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Ice wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm

How much valuable insight could the front office get from an OC who has spent a few months in the building?

At the end of the day, the front office’s job is to build the best possible team, while the coaches’ job is to put those players in a position to win.
The standard is the standard.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Maybe the simplest explanation is the correct explanation.

The Browns owner is secretly a sadomasochist and enjoys causing pain and suffering to all Browns fans & fantasy football owners.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:16 pm

I've said it many times and I'm not afraid to keep beating the horse laying on the ground. Chubb is an elite prospect. Duke's extension is a great signing for the Brown's. It may hurt Chubb a little in the short run. But at the same time, those drafting Chubb aren't expecting much for the first half of the season in 2018...and realistically, perhaps a RB4 production. However, from 2019 onward, I fully expect Chubb to run away with the starting role and will catch plenty of passes in this offense.

Some 2017 highlights of Nick Chubb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDtBwi9eeNY
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am

It's just camp. But Chubb scored on both the ground and through the air. I think if you can find a Duke Johnson believer and can sell him to an owner that thinks he's going to be the 3rd down RB for the future in a Todd Haley offense, sell him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTIH46gw7w

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 pm

kris_kapsner wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 pm The Duke extension means the Browns are smart. It doesn't mean that Chubb can't be everything the Chubb truthers think he can be.

Duke Johnson is a very talented pass catching RB. And, with his performance last year, it would be foolish for the Browns to not try to extend him. Having back up RB's is very important. And, Duke can be a change of pace guy for Nick Chubb as well.

But Nick Chubb is ELITE in my eyes. And I really don't understand why Michel is considered the elite pass catching RB out of Georgia and Nick Chubb can't catch at all. It baffles me.

Some quick stats:

Both Michel and Chubb played all 4 years of their college careers together.

Michel's best receiving year = 26 receptions
Chubb's best receiving year = 18 receptions

Michel averaged 9.7 yards per catch for his career.
Chubb averaged 11.6 yards per catch.

Michel averaged 6.1 yards per carry for his career.
Chubb averaged 6.3 yards per carry.

Michel is 5'11" 214 pounds and ran a 4.55 40 yard dash for a 66th percentile speed and didn't test enough to compile a SparQ
Chubb is 5'11" 227 pounds and ran a 4.52 40 yard dash for an 89th percentile speed and 98th percentile SparQ

When Todd Gurley went down, it was Nick Chubb who was the RB who made Georgia fans put Gurley in their rear view mirror, not Michel. And that was not only due to his elite physical skills, but due to his incredible vision and feel for the game. Chubb has a smoothness to his game that almost makes him looks slow, but he's not.

Chubb can do it all and I'll stand by my hours of film watching with my opinion that Nick Chubb is second to only Saquon Barkley in talent in this draft for RB's.

It's Duke owners that were hurt most with this signing, not Chubb owners. Though, it wouldn't surprise me to see Duke get a few carries here and there. That will mainly be 2018 though. As Chubb adjusts to the NFL and the Browns playbook, he will be featured more and more. And my prediction is that 2019 will see Nick Chubb easily in the top 10 fantasy RB's.
i think i love you kris
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Nick Chubb catching passes in camp

Postby Defender » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 am

Browns To Ride The Hot Hand At RB
6/22: Cleveland Browns running backs coach Freddie Kitchens mentioned on Friday that the offensive staff plans to ride the hot hand at the running back position this upcoming season. The Browns have depth and versatility in the backfield with Carlos Hyde, Nick Chubb, and Duke Johnson all on the roster. Kitchens stated, “Ultimately, all three of those guys can run our running game. Duke can do a few more things in the passing game. Ultimately, we feel like that is a position of strength." This is not the news that fantasy owners want to hear, as three-way committees at running back are rarely helpful for fantasy purposes. Of the three backs, Johnson is the safest bet for fantasy, as his role as the pass-catching back is secure. Chubb remains a strong hold in dynasty formats who could eventually take over the lead role as the season wears on. --Matt Terelle - Rotoballer
Source: www. ClevelandBrowns.com
Are the Hyde owners starting to sweat yet?

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 am

Defender wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 am
Browns To Ride The Hot Hand At RB
6/22: Cleveland Browns running backs coach Freddie Kitchens mentioned on Friday that the offensive staff plans to ride the hot hand at the running back position this upcoming season. The Browns have depth and versatility in the backfield with Carlos Hyde, Nick Chubb, and Duke Johnson all on the roster. Kitchens stated, “Ultimately, all three of those guys can run our running game. Duke can do a few more things in the passing game. Ultimately, we feel like that is a position of strength." This is not the news that fantasy owners want to hear, as three-way committees at running back are rarely helpful for fantasy purposes. Of the three backs, Johnson is the safest bet for fantasy, as his role as the pass-catching back is secure. Chubb remains a strong hold in dynasty formats who could eventually take over the lead role as the season wears on. --Matt Terelle - Rotoballer
Source: www. ClevelandBrowns.com
Are the Hyde owners starting to sweat yet?
And the RB coach is already raving about Chubb and his abilities.

This isn't a slam on Hyde. I think Hyde is definitely in the top 30 RBs in the NFL in skill set and should be a starter somewhere. But, Chubb is better and will win out the day. It's really too bad for Hyde and Hyde owners.

Also, Duke owners should not expect similar pass catching numbers to last year. He'll be serviceable as a spot starter in FF. But, with the receiving options and Chubb/Hyde already showing they can both catch the ball well also...can anyone imagine Duke catching 50+ balls? I can't. I see him coming in for 2-3 catches per game. Let's call it 3 and that gets him to 48 catches. Realistic with the WR/TE group now with the Browns. He'll also have less than 200 yards rushing.

Chubb won't be a RB1 this year though in my opinion. He'll climb there in 2019 though. 2018 look like low end RB2 to RB3 numbers...which could start slow and end up being strong RB2 performances toward the end of the season.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:20 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 am
Defender wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 am Are the Hyde owners starting to sweat yet?
And the RB coach is already raving about Chubb and his abilities.

This isn't a slam on Hyde. I think Hyde is definitely in the top 30 RBs in the NFL in skill set and should be a starter somewhere. But, Chubb is better and will win out the day. It's really too bad for Hyde and Hyde owners.

Also, Duke owners should not expect similar pass catching numbers to last year. He'll be serviceable as a spot starter in FF. But, with the receiving options and Chubb/Hyde already showing they can both catch the ball well also...can anyone imagine Duke catching 50+ balls? I can't. I see him coming in for 2-3 catches per game. Let's call it 3 and that gets him to 48 catches. Realistic with the WR/TE group now with the Browns. He'll also have less than 200 yards rushing.

Chubb won't be a RB1 this year though in my opinion. He'll climb there in 2019 though. 2018 look like low end RB2 to RB3 numbers...which could start slow and end up being strong RB2 performances toward the end of the season.
Yeah I posted this in a different thread, but my projection for Chubb this year is what Mixon did last year. Obviously we should hope he does a bit better, considering the Browns’ OLine isn’t putrid like the Bengals. But I think Mixon’s numbers are a good expectation.

BeeziBad
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

N. Chubb against the world

Postby BeeziBad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Consistently I see Chubb get drafted in the 1.6-1.9 range and consistently I see people comment with something along the lines of ‘good pick’, or ‘steal’, as if Chubb is 1.2-1.3 type value. So to keep it short, I just want to know why? I understand the opportunity isn’t the greatest, but talent wise, what’s the hype? Specifically, against the rest of the rookie rb field...
The Mega Powers - 12Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - 1PPR
QB - R. Tannehill, T. Bridgewater
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, C. Akers, Z. Moss, R. Jones, R. Armstead, M. Davis, C. Edmonds
WR - J. Jeudy, H. Ruggs, T. Higgins, L. Shenault, C. Claypool, J. Reagor, C. Davis, J. Washington, B. Aiyuk, Q. Cephus, KJ Hamler, A. Lazard
TE - C. Herndon, D. Sample
Picks - 2021 - 1, 1, 1

Jabroni Beaters - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - NONPPR
QB - P. Mahomes B. Mayfield
RB - S. Barkley, E. Elliott, JK Dobbins, A. Peterson, M. Breida, D. Freeman
WR - T. Hill. AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Jefferson, J. Edelman, B. Aiyuk, L. Shenault, JJAW, B. Edwards
TE - Z. Ertz, H. Hurst, J. Smith

SuperSonics - 10Team - 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX/1K - .5 PPR
QB - S. Darnold, R. Tannehill, C. Newton
RB - E. Elliott, N. Chubb, D. Cook, R. Jones, A. Peterson
WR - T. Hill, O. Beckham, D. Metcalf, C. Davis, H. Renfrow, R. Cobb
TE - Z. Ertz, E. Engram, H. Henry, J. Smith, K. Rudolph
Picks - 2020 - 2.7
2021 - 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: N. Chubb against the world

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Chubb is a beast. 1.02-1.03 in standard PPR for me. I'd take him over Guice every time. He has a natural feel for the postition, he's explosive at the 2nd level and has very good spatial awareness IMO. Much more feel for the position than Guice (who is usually taken ahead of him). Guice does have the age factor on his side, but I feel Chubb is the better natural runner. They are both 2 down backs at the next level, until they prove otherwise. Guice owners may say differently, but the Redskins coach has specifiacally stated Guice isn't needed on 3rd downs, which makes sense. So I have him at 1.02-1.03, depending on format, as I have Penny as the better all round back (pass catching included) for FF purposes. Chubb is the best interior runner in this class for me, though. I can see him doing at least what Jordan Howard did, as he is much more talented IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: N. Chubb against the world

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:16 pm

I love Chubb. But I cant figure him out. When I watched him (post injury) he looked... slower. Another thing I picked up is he really is protective of his previously injured knee. And something else when watching him run, when he looks about to break a big run he will get tackled easier than expected. He was my 1.02 for a short while post combine. But after reading some stuff on how he looked "ok but not natural" catching passes he fell to 1.04. He also has poor 10 yard splits vs Guice (1.02) and Penny (1.03) that a prominent RB guy on these forums pointed out to me. However he did look better and better the further away from his injury he got. I would just rather take the safe options of Guice or Penny over Chubb. My fear is that he may never be the same no matter how hard he destroys the gym.