Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: what does duke extension mean for chubb?

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:30 am

If you are new to the DLF forums - welcome! - this is the thread where the Duke / Hyde truthers hang out.

If you are a truther use the phrase "Chubb is a Scrubb" or "Hyde & Duke are better than Jeckyll and Hyde" to join the Duke or Hyde truther ranks and put yourself on the road to earning yourself a free 24
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

WindyCityFlyer
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby WindyCityFlyer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:40 am

so Ingram and Kamara played just fine last year....Hyde is gone I'm sure as a cap casualty if Chubb performs this year. I think there are plenty of touches in good offenses for two RBS to perform well personally.
Team 1
12 Team, 26 Player, Best Ball, Std PPR RB-1, WR-1, TE-1.5 ppr + Return pts (Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF)

QB: Watson, Mills
RB: JT, Akers, Herbert, Strong Jr, Mostert,
WR: Gabe Davis, Burks, D Smith, C Ridley, K Toney, Osborn, Samuel, Fuller, DPJ, Van Jefferson, Thornton, Danny Gray, Austin III
TE: Andrews, Jonnu, Everett, McBride, Tremble
K:
DEF: NEP

Team 2
12 Tms, 26 Player, PPR, (QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 3 Flex, K,DEF)

QB: Watson, Lawrence, Mills, Wentz,
RB: CMC, Barkley, Elliott, Stevenson, Herbert, Abdullah
WR: Allen, DJ Moore, M Pittman, Toney, G Wilson, Nico Collins, Osborn, Kyle Phillips, Ezukanma, DPJ
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Kmet, Friermuth, Jelani
K:
DEF: MIA

Team 3
12 Tms, 20 Player, PPR, (QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1TE, K,DEF) Keep 9

QB: Lamar, Fields
RB: JT, Stevenson, Zamir, Mattinson, Moss, Hilliard
WR: Mclaurin, Diontae, Mooney, Dotson, Palmer, Osborn, V Jefferson
TE: Andrews, Pitts, Hooper
DEF: Ravens, Saints

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:40 am

Vcize wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:18 pm
MEuRaH wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:49 pm I said it before and I'll say it again: Chubb was never a pass-downs back. He doesn't have the speed or hands for it. He's a bowling ball type guy with good vision, a-la Frank Gore.

Still a great guy to have, especially in non-PPR formats.
Frank Gore averaged 52 catches/year in his first 4 years as a starter.
and Chubb is fast...this post was uninformed haha
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: Nick Chubb catching passes in camp

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:47 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 am If you are new to the DLF forums - welcome! - this is the thread where the Chubb truthers hang out.

If you are a truther use the phrase "Duke is a Fluke" to join the Chubb truther ranks and put yourself on the road to earning yourself a free 24
Hahaha!!! Yes, this is the Chubb truther hang out spot.

However, I wouldn't say Duke is a Fluke either. He's a solid RB and does some things quite well.

Here's the deal though. Nick Chubb is ELITE in my eyes. And I really don't understand why Michel is considered the elite pass catching RB out of Georgia and Nick Chubb can't catch at all. It baffles me.

Some quick stats:

Both Michel and Chubb played all 4 years of their college careers together.

Michel's best receiving year = 26 receptions
Chubb's best receiving year = 18 receptions

Michel averaged 9.7 yards per catch for his career.
Chubb averaged 11.6 yards per catch.

Michel averaged 6.1 yards per carry for his career.
Chubb averaged 6.3 yards per carry.

Michel is 5'11" 214 pounds and ran a 4.55 40 yard dash for a 66th percentile speed and didn't test enough to compile a SparQ
Chubb is 5'11" 227 pounds and ran a 4.52 40 yard dash for an 89th percentile speed and 98th percentile SparQ

When Todd Gurley went down, it was Nick Chubb who was the RB who made Georgia fans put Gurley in their rear view mirror, not Michel.

Chubb can do it all and I'll stand by my hours of film watching with my opinion that Nick Chubb is second to only Saquon Barkley in talent in this draft for RB's.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:25 am

With the extensive various weapons this offense is compiling it would seem the one to own is the QB (if it is indeed as successful as it looks to be). Might be one of those where it’s hard to predict who goes off each week.
I hate that :thumbdown:

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:04 am

WindyCityFlyer wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:40 am so Ingram and Kamara played just fine last year....Hyde is gone I'm sure as a cap casualty if Chubb performs this year. I think there are plenty of touches in good offenses for two RBS to perform well personally.
Please don’t try to compare the Browns offense to the Saints, my god.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:30 am If you are new to the DLF forums - welcome! - this is the thread where the Duke / Hyde truthers hang out.

If you are a truther use the phrase "Chubb is a Scrubb" or "Hyde & Duke are better than Jeckyll and Hyde" to join the Duke or Hyde truther ranks and put yourself on the road to earning yourself a free 24
Whether or not Hyde actually becomes a "thing" in Cleveland, which I don't think is terribly likely, the Browns' move to secure Duke's services seems to indicate that Chubb will be the new Crowell, and Duke will continue to do his thing out of the backfield for the next three seasons.

Freeman and Coleman, Ingram and Kamara have been successful duos. But the timeshare limits the ability of either back to put up bigger numbers. I don't dislike Chubb at all, but I do think this move by the organization takes some wind out of the sails of those hoping Chubb was going to be a Lev Bell, David Johnson type bell-cow in the immediate future. It doesn't appear likely.

And FWIW, I hate this move for Duke. It signals that he's probably never going to be a feature back. Something I was hopeful of happening in 2019 with another team. Might as well look to package him as part of a trade now in non-ppr.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 pm

The destruction of Hyde's reputation and ability on this board reminds me of two years ago when the Titans brought in a seemingly washed DeMarco Murray and he never let Derrick Henry on the field. Rookie fever is brutal.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 pm

The Duke extension means the Browns are smart. It doesn't mean that Chubb can't be everything the Chubb truthers think he can be.

Duke Johnson is a very talented pass catching RB. And, with his performance last year, it would be foolish for the Browns to not try to extend him. Having back up RB's is very important. And, Duke can be a change of pace guy for Nick Chubb as well.

But Nick Chubb is ELITE in my eyes. And I really don't understand why Michel is considered the elite pass catching RB out of Georgia and Nick Chubb can't catch at all. It baffles me.

Some quick stats:

Both Michel and Chubb played all 4 years of their college careers together.

Michel's best receiving year = 26 receptions
Chubb's best receiving year = 18 receptions

Michel averaged 9.7 yards per catch for his career.
Chubb averaged 11.6 yards per catch.

Michel averaged 6.1 yards per carry for his career.
Chubb averaged 6.3 yards per carry.

Michel is 5'11" 214 pounds and ran a 4.55 40 yard dash for a 66th percentile speed and didn't test enough to compile a SparQ
Chubb is 5'11" 227 pounds and ran a 4.52 40 yard dash for an 89th percentile speed and 98th percentile SparQ

When Todd Gurley went down, it was Nick Chubb who was the RB who made Georgia fans put Gurley in their rear view mirror, not Michel. And that was not only due to his elite physical skills, but due to his incredible vision and feel for the game. Chubb has a smoothness to his game that almost makes him looks slow, but he's not.

Chubb can do it all and I'll stand by my hours of film watching with my opinion that Nick Chubb is second to only Saquon Barkley in talent in this draft for RB's.

It's Duke owners that were hurt most with this signing, not Chubb owners. Though, it wouldn't surprise me to see Duke get a few carries here and there. That will mainly be 2018 though. As Chubb adjusts to the NFL and the Browns playbook, he will be featured more and more. And my prediction is that 2019 will see Nick Chubb easily in the top 10 fantasy RB's.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

PNWHawkfan
Starter
Starter

Re: Nick Chubb catching passes in camp

Postby PNWHawkfan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 am If you are new to the DLF forums - welcome! - this is the thread where the Chubb truthers hang out.

If you are a truther use the phrase "Duke is a Fluke" to join the Chubb truther ranks and put yourself on the road to earning yourself a free 24
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love it. That is perfect. We all have chubbies for Chubb over here.
12 Team 38 man Rosters PPR/QB & TE Premium league QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-TE/Flex and IDP (QB 6pts per TD)
QB- Justin Herbert, Kenny Pickett
RB-Bij. Robinson, J. Taylor, S. Barkley, D. Swift, JK Dobbins, G. Edwards, L. Fournette
WR-Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, Calvin Ridley, Josh Downs, Jayden Reed, Brandon Cooks
TE-Kelce, M. Andrews, T. Mcbride, C. Otton
K-Brandon Aubrey

IDP- 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 FLEX 2 PT per Tackle, .5 PT per Assist. 6 PT per sack/INT
DT/DE-Nick Bosa, Jaelen Phillips, Aiden Hutchinson, Jonathan Greenard, Sam Williams, Matt Judon
LB-Foyesade Oluokun, Frankie Luvu, Quincy Williams, Damone Clark, Shaquille Leonard, Matt Milano, Bryan Asamoah, Chad Muma,
DB- Kamren Curl, Reed Blankenship, Kyle Hamilton, Josh Metellus

2018 Champion 🏆
2020 Champion 🏆
2021 Champion 🏆

Taxi squad
Aiden O' Connel QB
Keaton Mitchell RB
Chris Brooks RB
Justyn Ross WR
Bryan Bresee DT
Tuli Tuipuloto DE

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Contract extensions are handled by the front office. Usage is decided upon by the coaching staff.

If Chubb truly is the stud that many of us believe him to be, no number of competing RBs and no amount of cap spent on said RBs will stop him from taking hold of a 3-down role. Time will tell.
The standard is the standard.

WindyCityFlyer
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby WindyCityFlyer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
Please don’t try to compare the Browns offense to the Saints, my god.
I didn't. No I dont expect even the Saints to repeat that level of RB production again....but you can fall short of that and still have some pretty good RB production. Its now a fact that NFL offenses can support two worthwhile runners for standard ppr league.

no, the Browns offense couldn't last year. Abysmal QB play and young just drafted talent throughout. But this game we play requires some projections to get the edge... not simply writing off 2018 players because of what 2017 gave us.

Given in a ppr Duke and Crowell scored about 200 and 150 points last year respectively...yea...I feel it's reasonable that Duke and Chubb can coexist just fine together (if not this year with Hyde, then next, Heaven forbid we have to wait a year in dynasty).

I find this thread on Dukes signing to be sensationalist. I feel they can coexist together just fine in the coming years.
Team 1
12 Team, 26 Player, Best Ball, Std PPR RB-1, WR-1, TE-1.5 ppr + Return pts (Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF)

QB: Watson, Mills
RB: JT, Akers, Herbert, Strong Jr, Mostert,
WR: Gabe Davis, Burks, D Smith, C Ridley, K Toney, Osborn, Samuel, Fuller, DPJ, Van Jefferson, Thornton, Danny Gray, Austin III
TE: Andrews, Jonnu, Everett, McBride, Tremble
K:
DEF: NEP

Team 2
12 Tms, 26 Player, PPR, (QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 3 Flex, K,DEF)

QB: Watson, Lawrence, Mills, Wentz,
RB: CMC, Barkley, Elliott, Stevenson, Herbert, Abdullah
WR: Allen, DJ Moore, M Pittman, Toney, G Wilson, Nico Collins, Osborn, Kyle Phillips, Ezukanma, DPJ
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Kmet, Friermuth, Jelani
K:
DEF: MIA

Team 3
12 Tms, 20 Player, PPR, (QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1TE, K,DEF) Keep 9

QB: Lamar, Fields
RB: JT, Stevenson, Zamir, Mattinson, Moss, Hilliard
WR: Mclaurin, Diontae, Mooney, Dotson, Palmer, Osborn, V Jefferson
TE: Andrews, Pitts, Hooper
DEF: Ravens, Saints

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:38 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:30 am If you are new to the DLF forums - welcome! - this is the thread where the Duke / Hyde truthers hang out.

Cute sh*tpost. Odd that you forgot to mention the Chubb truthers, though.
BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:40 am and Chubb is fast...this post was uninformed haha
Here's information for you: Chubb has visibly lacked quickness hitting the off-tackle hole or getting around the edge to daylight since his injury ('17 included). Watch his tape closely and at times you'll see him getting pulled down from behind by a pursuing box defender on these outside runs.

With his testing numbers he should be getting away in these situations, but too often he's not. I'm not sure if it's because he's hesitating more often than he did as an underclassman, like he's thinking too much, and it's slowing his decisive burst.
Jason3123 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 pm The destruction of Hyde's reputation and ability on this board reminds me of two years ago when the Titans brought in a seemingly washed DeMarco Murray and he never let Derrick Henry on the field. Rookie fever is brutal.
Hyde's reputation here was eroded by consistently subpar play despite ample opportunity to excel. Hyde's PFF grade last year was 51.5, despite having a coach reputed for his history of transforming borderline RB talents into stars.

Comparing Murray in this context is dubious, considering Hyde can only fantasize of ever having the seasons Murray did in '13 and '14.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:43 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Cute sh*tpost. Odd that you forgot to mention the Chubb truthers, though.
You missed my post on the other thread then. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Ah, I see.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE