Am i crazy for loving this years wr class?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Am i crazy for loving this years wr class?

Postby playa_hata » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:59 pm

Late night watching tape and maybe its just rookie fever but for all the hate this years wr class has gotten I really just love a lot of these guys from DJ moore all the way down to Richie James and even undrafted guys like simmie cobbs or allen lazard. My FAVORITES of this class are guys like Anthony Miller, Dante Pettis, Mike Gallup, Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk, Calvin Ridley, James Washington, DJ Moore, DJ chark, Daesean Hamilton (in no particular order) even guys like Coutee and Deon Cain. All of these guys I just listed I feel are guys to seriously be excited about. Imagine winning a championship last year and adding any one of these guys i named as my favorite wr to youre roster possibly even two of these guys. Im just not sure what is not to love about these guys can someone enlighten me?
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Am i crazy for loving this years wr class?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:03 am

Been drinking? ;)

Haha in all seriousness, I mean yeah - there are for sure some very talented dudes. But not many who I could envision, even in a PERFECT storyline, becoming a WR1 in dynasty.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:19 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:03 am Been drinking? ;)

Haha in all seriousness, I mean yeah - there are for sure some very talented dudes. But not many who I could envision, even in a PERFECT storyline, becoming a WR1 in dynasty.
Really man? I have such high hopes for so many of these guys. I think there is a big turn over in the nfl at the wr position guys like aj green, demaryius thomas, Larry Fitz, Doug baldwin are on their way out the door and its going to open up the opportunity for others to step in. I think guys like courtland sutton & Dj Moore could easily become wr1 heck even dante pettis could end up as a wr1.

TM1
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus

TM2
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:28 am

Yes. A few guys look alright, but personally next year I think has much better WR's coming out.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:46 am

I'm actually a bit disappointed with the wrs in the class. I'm sure some will hit, maybe even be weekly starters for us in the future, but Im not optimistic that there's a stud in the class.... And if there happens to be, may very well be a guy flying under the radar now.

My drafts have seen Moore and ridley as the top 2 off the board. Neither of which I think project to be studs or even top 15 -20 scorers on a yearly basis. I'm not going to argue that there isn't some talent in the class, but when the concensus top 2, seem more destined for wr 2/3..... Its hard for me to get excited about the group.

There is some depth, but not sure that depth is filled with anything better than what we already have rostered. I was sitting with picks 26 & 27 Sunday afternoon and could take chark, Smith, calloway to replace crabtree and Manny sanders. I'm contending so elected to keep my vets and trade the picks for a future 2nd (best I could get for the pair). I've found myself in similar situations in multiple drafts. That speaks to the depth, but again... Are these guys anything more than bye week replacements if they do hit.

In short, I'm not sure that there is a teams wr1 in the class.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:21 am

I don't understand how anyone can watch tape of CALVIN RIDLEY and not be impressed. He moves like quicksilver. He cuts like a razor blade. Compare his tape with ANY other WR in this class, and they look slow, pedestrian.

He is 2" taller than Antonio Brown, listed at the nearly the same weight (so a bit thinner). He is faster and has far better pedigree (both as an Alabama WR1 and as a 1st round draft pick). That's not to say he is gonna be the next Antonio Brown. But to suggest that he doesn't have WR1 upside is just crazy, especially in a high octane offense like Atlanta, with a QB1 and Julio Jones / Devonta Freeman taking pressure of him.

I just drafted the dude at 1.05 in DLF PL. So I put my money where my mouth is at, and I'm not looking to sell him.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:10 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:21 am I don't understand how anyone can watch tape of CALVIN RIDLEY and not be impressed. He moves like quicksilver. He cuts like a razor blade. Compare his tape with ANY other WR in this class, and they look slow, pedestrian.

He is 2" taller than Antonio Brown, listed at the nearly the same weight (so a bit thinner). He is faster and has far better pedigree (both as an Alabama WR1 and as a 1st round draft pick). That's not to say he is gonna be the next Antonio Brown. But to suggest that he doesn't have WR1 upside is just crazy, especially in a high octane offense like Atlanta, with a QB1 and Julio Jones / Devonta Freeman taking pressure of him.

I just drafted the dude at 1.05 in DLF PL. So I put my money where my mouth is at, and I'm not looking to sell him.
No fear that the tape you watched/numbers amassed were from a man playing against boys? I like ridley aswell, but I can't get past the age.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:21 am

If his game was predicated on power, e.g. Lebron James in high school, then yes. But speed and quickness... think that's a little different. And those were SEC corners, who are pretty decent. Not NFL level, of course. But also not MAC chopped liver.

Look, I'm not saying he WILL be a WR1. I have some concerns as well, but more about whether he toughens up and can work across the middle in the NFL. And whether he can take the pounding. But if he works hard in the weight room and mans up, he could be really really good.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:56 am

If you’re looking at highlights, it’s easy to like a lot of these guys. If you study game film and watch how they handle press coverage, finding soft spots in the zone, route running, etc, there’s a lot left to be desired.

Pettis, for example, is excellent in open space and has great hands, but corners overpowered him all year. When drafted, the niners said they were happy to finally have a solid returner. Didn’t even talk about his wr skills until the following day.

DJ Moore, imo, is the only guy in your list capable of being a wr1. He has all the pieces and can start performing immediately.

EDIT: Add Anthony Miller to that list. I must have missed him in my initial research. Guy has wheels and hands, like some of the biggest hands in the league. He's a hard worker, and great route runner. This guy is legit.
Last edited by MEuRaH on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:07 am

I see you have 4 firsts in the DLF Premium league.

No question don't even consider a WR at 2,4,5. At 9 I'm sure you can get your golden boy ridley.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:07 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:21 am
He is 2" taller than Antonio Brown, listed at the nearly the same weight (so a bit thinner). He is faster and has far better pedigree (both as an Alabama WR1 and as a 1st round draft pick).
:shock:

Anyway, If I'm not mistaken Marvin Harrison started his rookie season at age 24. So while not ideal it's not unheard of. He was also a bit on the thin side as well.

As for getting excited about this years rookie WR's, I'm not saying you're wrong to be excited but you can get excited about any rookie class if you really want to. I personally don't think it's that exciting outside of a handful of guys at the top.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 am

there are several that I like, but I think value wise the top guys go later than prior years
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 am

You're not crazy. Just finished my first rookie draft and I got my guys: Moore, Callaway and I still believe in ESB. I’m hoping what I saw was true and not just rookie fever.

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 am You're not crazy. Just finished my first rookie draft and I got my guys: Moore, Callaway and I still believe in ESB. I’m hoping what I saw was true and not just rookie fever.
i think esb is maybe worth a 4th/5th round ookie pick thats about it tho

TM1

TM2

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 am

playa_hata wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 am
Bot101 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 am You're not crazy. Just finished my first rookie draft and I got my guys: Moore, Callaway and I still believe in ESB. I’m hoping what I saw was true and not just rookie fever.
i think esb is maybe worth a 4th/5th round ookie pick thats about it tho
That’s what I spent, a 4th. But too many people whether fantasy personalities or media guys or former scouts had him pegged in the 3rd rnd of the NFL draft range. And he fell for petty reasons. I believe he’s significantly better than the other 2 WRs the Packers drafted.