Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Nick Chubb catching passes in camp

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Chubb is the most overrated rookie RB this year.

This also means nothing. Jordan Howard is working on his pass catching too. Which also means nothing.

I think the Browns can have an effective RBBC in real life but it bodes poorly for fantasy owners.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 pm

His hands have always been fine. That's nothing new.

He was pulled on passing-downs at Georgia because 1.) he was pitiful in pass-protection, regularly missing his assignment 2.) despite his testing numbers, he doesn't run more nuanced routes with enough agility and feel for zone to be a coverage mismatch.

The second issue means he'll probably never be an RB that splits out wide. This isn't ideal for the modern game, but such RBs can still be fantasy RB1s so long as they're in an offense committed to running the ball.

The first issue is especially dire. If Chubb struggled to identify his assignment against college Ds, he'll be hapless against the exotic and often disguised blitz packages he'll see in the NFL.

But even putting all this aside, anyone putting Chubb as the RB2 of this class is gambling on Duke Johnson not re-signing. If he signs a long term deal, you can kiss the chance of Chubb being a 3-down workhorse anytime soon goodbye. Duke grades super elite as an RB receiver; last year he and CMC were neck and neck for the best in the league at it, according to analytics.

Bear in mind Cleveland's publicly confirmed desire to re-sign Duke, plus the reports claiming Cleveland wanted Penny at #35 over Chubb -- Penny is noted for his ability to split out wide. This suggests the Browns themselves are doubtful Chubb can be a 3-down player, for the time being.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 pm Bear in mind Cleveland's publicly confirmed desire to re-sign Duke, plus the reports claiming Cleveland wanted Penny at #35 over Chubb -- Penny is noted for his ability to split out wide. This suggests the Browns themselves are doubtful Chubb can be a 3-down player, for the time being.
Does it mean they are doubtful he can be a 3 down guy or just that they prefer Penny to Chub in that respect? He was still no lower than 3 on their board. Looking at it from the opposite perspective, it could be interpreted that they believe Chubb IS capable (assuming that the ability to split out wide was significant criteria for them).

I agree on the Duke Johnson take, though, and that is my biggest concern. I think he has the tools to improve in the passing game, but the timing of Duke's contract does not give him much time to do it before Cleveland has to make a decision. I gotta believe they will put some sort of designation on Duke to at least either keep him around longer or make him less attractive to other franchises.

Chubb has significant upside but is definitely a riskier prospect than some would like to admit. On the other hand, all of the guys going in Chubb's range have risk(s) of some sort which is why it is tough to get a consensus.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:50 am i dont get why anyone thinks anything other than hes one of the top 3 or 4 backs in this draft. he tested just as well as barkley at the combine (ok slightly below but had barkley not been there the story would have been about how chubb crushed the combine)

his college production was extremely good and pre knee injury everyone talked about him like they did with fournette, zeke, or barkley coming out.

i think people see Browns and see hyde/duke and they write him off their list.

he will be a stud and he will get heavy usage year 1. im all in on this dude
No problem being all in on the dude as he could be great but the Combine is little more than a checked box for the pros.

The tape is about 85% of the decision process the other 15 is confirmation with interviews, background checks, medical, the combine and site visits.

Several backs did well at the Combine.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:31 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:27 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:04 pm EDIT: Actually his biggest problem is being a Brown and playing for Hue Jackson in general. R.I.P. Chubb.
You continue to spew this nonsense about the Browns as though because a team is a poor NFL team that there is no value in their fantasy players. Duke Johnson was the #12 RB last season and he's not even the starting RB. That Terrell Pryor guy posted a 1,000+ yard receiving season - his only one - with a big stinking pile of poo at QB in 2016. Then he goes to play with the "god-like" Kirk Cousins last year and does almost nothing. Peyton Hillis was the #1 RB in football a few years back. Josh Gordon was the #1 WR.

Now consider something...look where all the top RBs in this class went and their ranking as rushing teams last season:

New York Giants (26)
New England (10)
Seattle (23)
Tampa Bay (27)
Detroit (32)
Cleveland (18)
Washington (28)

Not sure if I missed one but by my count only one of those teams had a more productive rushing offense in 2017 than the Browns. Chubb is going to one of the better situations on a team that made multiple improvements to their offense this off season.
Of course there's value. Browns are still allowed to play football. But going to the Browns is a curse. Pryor 1 and done. Braylon 1 hit wonder. No QB for 20+ years. Hue Jackson is trash. Gordon 1 year wonder. They come and go. Dysfunctional organization. Spending a top rookie pick on a Brown is just gross. It's the price of investment that is horrible. Just like all these poor souls spending high capital on Josh Gordon. It's like they enjoy cutting themselves in the shower.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:04 pm I'm old enough to remember before the combine when people were grossed out by Chubb and Michel was a god.

Also, every NFL player can catch a football. His biggest problem is Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde. Not his talent.

EDIT: Actually his biggest problem is being a Brown and playing for Hue Jackson in general. R.I.P. Chubb.
Are you also old enough to remember when Chubb was helping a fan base get over the loss of Todd Gurley and no one knew the name Sony Michel?
The standard is the standard.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:48 pm

Defender wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:04 pm I'm old enough to remember before the combine when people were grossed out by Chubb and Michel was a god.

Also, every NFL player can catch a football. His biggest problem is Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde. Not his talent.

EDIT: Actually his biggest problem is being a Brown and playing for Hue Jackson in general. R.I.P. Chubb.
Are you also old enough to remember when Chubb was helping a fan base get over the loss of Todd Gurley and no one knew the name Sony Michel?
He's just mad he drafted a bust in penny over a stud in chubb

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Chubb is going to be the No.1 hombre sooner rather than later. He's a simply a beast.

Whether I get him or not, I must say I am very happy for fans of the Browns. That team really has the look of an up and comer. Hope it comes to fruition.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Defender wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 am Confirms my hopes/belief that he has what it takes to be a 3-down back. The only question is how soon they will hand over the reins.
Just rewatched the video, and many of the clips I thought were Chubb, I now think were Hyde. I still think Chubb will be a true 3-down back, but I don’t really see anything in the OP video to objectively confirm my preconceptions.
The standard is the standard.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:46 pm

Defender wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:29 pm
Defender wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 am Confirms my hopes/belief that he has what it takes to be a 3-down back. The only question is how soon they will hand over the reins.
Just rewatched the video, and many of the clips I thought were Chubb, I now think were Hyde. I still think Chubb will be a true 3-down back, but I don’t really see anything in the OP video to objectively confirm my preconceptions.
Lol I truly don’t see how Chubb is anyone’s RB2... I would take Guice/RoJo/Penny/Michel easily over Chubb
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Defender wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm

I am. I'm also old enough to realize he hasn't been nearly the same player since his injury. His combine was amazing, and I hope he's an absolute monster. 2013/14 Chubb, absolute phenom. 2016/17 Chubb, good player.

PNWHawkfan
Starter
Starter

Postby PNWHawkfan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm

I think anyone saying they want ROJO over Chubb shouldn't be trusted. I haven't said much this year but come on man. This young man is gonna turn some heads at the RB position. Tons of players have had knee injuries at a young age and bounced back to 95%. Chubb was averaging 8 yards per carry, 1500 yards his Freshman season and only played in 8 games that year. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Chubb this year and they are going to regret it this time next year.
12 Team 38 man Rosters PPR/QB & TE Premium league QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-TE/Flex and IDP (QB 6pts per TD)
QB- Justin Herbert, Kenny Pickett
RB-Bij. Robinson, J. Taylor, S. Barkley, D. Swift, JK Dobbins, G. Edwards, L. Fournette
WR-Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, Calvin Ridley, Josh Downs, Jayden Reed, Brandon Cooks
TE-Kelce, M. Andrews, T. Mcbride, C. Otton
K-Brandon Aubrey

IDP- 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 FLEX 2 PT per Tackle, .5 PT per Assist. 6 PT per sack/INT
DT/DE-Nick Bosa, Jaelen Phillips, Aiden Hutchinson, Jonathan Greenard, Sam Williams, Matt Judon
LB-Foyesade Oluokun, Frankie Luvu, Quincy Williams, Damone Clark, Shaquille Leonard, Matt Milano, Bryan Asamoah, Chad Muma,
DB- Kamren Curl, Reed Blankenship, Kyle Hamilton, Josh Metellus

2018 Champion 🏆
2020 Champion 🏆
2021 Champion 🏆

Taxi squad
Aiden O' Connel QB
Keaton Mitchell RB
Chris Brooks RB
Justyn Ross WR
Bryan Bresee DT
Tuli Tuipuloto DE

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:50 am i dont get why anyone thinks anything other than hes one of the top 3 or 4 backs in this draft. he tested just as well as barkley at the combine (ok slightly below but had barkley not been there the story would have been about how chubb crushed the combine)

his college production was extremely good and pre knee injury everyone talked about him like they did with fournette, zeke, or barkley coming out.

i think people see Browns and see hyde/duke and they write him off their list.

he will be a stud and he will get heavy usage year 1. im all in on this dude
No problem being all in on the dude as he could be great but the Combine is little more than a checked box for the pros.

The tape is about 85% of the decision process the other 15 is confirmation with interviews, background checks, medical, the combine and site visits.

Several backs did well at the Combine.
If thats the case chubbs tape is filthy if you ask me.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:15 am

PNWHawkfan wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm I think anyone saying they want ROJO over Chubb shouldn't be trusted. I haven't said much this year but come on man. This young man is gonna turn some heads at the RB position. Tons of players have had knee injuries at a young age and bounced back to 95%. Chubb was averaging 8 yards per carry, 1500 yards his Freshman season and only played in 8 games that year. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Chubb this year and they are going to regret it this time next year.
x2 and i like rojo a lot.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:43 am

I had Chubb #2 predraft. Refuse to own browns, therefore have and will continue to pass on him.

If you don't understand that, Chubb owners will in short time.