General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Nick Chubb catching passes in camp

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:50 am
i dont get why anyone thinks anything other than hes one of the top 3 or 4 backs in this draft. he tested just as well as barkley at the combine (ok slightly below but had barkley not been there the story would have been about how chubb crushed the combine)

his college production was extremely good and pre knee injury everyone talked about him like they did with fournette, zeke, or barkley coming out.

i think people see Browns and see hyde/duke and they write him off their list.

he will be a stud and he will get heavy usage year 1. im all in on this dude
No problem being all in on the dude as he could be great but the Combine is little more than a checked box for the pros.

The tape is about 85% of the decision process the other 15 is confirmation with interviews, background checks, medical, the combine and site visits.

Several backs did well at the Combine.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:31 pm

skip wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:27 pm
Jason3123 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:04 pm
EDIT: Actually his biggest problem is being a Brown and playing for Hue Jackson in general. R.I.P. Chubb.
You continue to spew this nonsense about the Browns as though because a team is a poor NFL team that there is no value in their fantasy players. Duke Johnson was the #12 RB last season and he's not even the starting RB. That Terrell Pryor guy posted a 1,000+ yard receiving season - his only one - with a big stinking pile of poo at QB in 2016. Then he goes to play with the "god-like" Kirk Cousins last year and does almost nothing. Peyton Hillis was the #1 RB in football a few years back. Josh Gordon was the #1 WR.

Now consider something...look where all the top RBs in this class went and their ranking as rushing teams last season:

New York Giants (26)
New England (10)
Seattle (23)
Tampa Bay (27)
Detroit (32)
Cleveland (18)
Washington (28)

Not sure if I missed one but by my count only one of those teams had a more productive rushing offense in 2017 than the Browns. Chubb is going to one of the better situations on a team that made multiple improvements to their offense this off season.
Of course there's value. Browns are still allowed to play football. But going to the Browns is a curse. Pryor 1 and done. Braylon 1 hit wonder. No QB for 20+ years. Hue Jackson is trash. Gordon 1 year wonder. They come and go. Dysfunctional organization. Spending a top rookie pick on a Brown is just gross. It's the price of investment that is horrible. Just like all these poor souls spending high capital on Josh Gordon. It's like they enjoy cutting themselves in the shower.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
I'm old enough to remember before the combine when people were grossed out by Chubb and Michel was a god.

Also, every NFL player can catch a football. His biggest problem is Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde. Not his talent.

EDIT: Actually his biggest problem is being a Brown and playing for Hue Jackson in general. R.I.P. Chubb.
Are you also old enough to remember when Chubb was helping a fan base get over the loss of Todd Gurley and no one knew the name Sony Michel?
The standard is the standard.

spotxc
Captain
Captain

Postby spotxc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:48 pm

Defender wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm
Jason3123 wrote:
I'm old enough to remember before the combine when people were grossed out by Chubb and Michel was a god.

Also, every NFL player can catch a football. His biggest problem is Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde. Not his talent.

Are you also old enough to remember when Chubb was helping a fan base get over the loss of Todd Gurley and no one knew the name Sony Michel?
He's just mad he drafted a bust in penny over a stud in chubb

bucsrule
Starter
Starter

Postby bucsrule » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Chubb is going to be the No.1 hombre sooner rather than later. He's a simply a beast.

Whether I get him or not, I must say I am very happy for fans of the Browns. That team really has the look of an up and comer. Hope it comes to fruition.
Tom Brady, Kirk Cousins, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
Melvin Gordon, Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Darwin Thompson, Sony Michel, Austin Ekelar, Damian Harris, Ty Johnson
DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp, Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, Julian Edleman, Allen Lazard, Phillip Dorsett
George Kittle, Mark Andrews

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Defender wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 am
Confirms my hopes/belief that he has what it takes to be a 3-down back. The only question is how soon they will hand over the reins.
Just rewatched the video, and many of the clips I thought were Chubb, I now think were Hyde. I still think Chubb will be a true 3-down back, but I don’t really see anything in the OP video to objectively confirm my preconceptions.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:46 pm

Defender wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:29 pm
Defender wrote:
Confirms my hopes/belief that he has what it takes to be a 3-down back. The only question is how soon they will hand over the reins.
Just rewatched the video, and many of the clips I thought were Chubb, I now think were Hyde. I still think Chubb will be a true 3-down back, but I don’t really see anything in the OP video to objectively confirm my preconceptions.
Lol I truly don’t see how Chubb is anyone’s RB2... I would take Guice/RoJo/Penny/Michel easily over Chubb
Degenerates 16 Team PPR Superflex TE Premium Devy League
QB/RB/3WR/TE/4 Flex
QB: Watson/Carr/Cardale/JT Barret(OSU)
RB: Howard/Coleman/Penny/Cohen/Sproles
WR: Hill/Diggs/Kupp/MWilliams/Ridley/Enunwa/Kelvin/Paul Richardson/Tavon/Floyd/
TE: Engram/Green/Amaro/Escobar

Hogwarts of the Ring 12 Team Superflex .5 PPR TE Premium
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/2 Flex
QB: Watson/Matty
RB: Sony/Drake/Murray/Gore/Gio/Eckler
WR: Odell/Evans/Cooks/TY/Baldwin/Miller/White/Caroo/Garcon
TE: Rudolph/Njoku/Butt/Kroft

Gridiron Greats 12 Team 2QB PPR
2QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3Flex/1(RB/TE)Flex
QB: JimmyG/Mahomes/Brady
RB: Sony/RoJo/Tevin/Lynch/Powell/Gio
WR: Hill/Cooks/Woods/Dez/Hurns/DaeSean/Boyd/Twill
TE: ASJ/Reed/Andrews

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 pm

Defender wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm
Jason3123 wrote:

I am. I'm also old enough to realize he hasn't been nearly the same player since his injury. His combine was amazing, and I hope he's an absolute monster. 2013/14 Chubb, absolute phenom. 2016/17 Chubb, good player.

PNWHawkfan
Starter
Starter

Postby PNWHawkfan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm

I think anyone saying they want ROJO over Chubb shouldn't be trusted. I haven't said much this year but come on man. This young man is gonna turn some heads at the RB position. Tons of players have had knee injuries at a young age and bounced back to 95%. Chubb was averaging 8 yards per carry, 1500 yards his Freshman season and only played in 8 games that year. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Chubb this year and they are going to regret it this time next year.
12 Team 38 man Rosters PPR league QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-TE/Flex and IDP
QB- Matt Ryan, Jared Geoff
RB- Nick Chubb , L. Bell , D. Singletary , Chase Edmonds, Jamall Williams
WR-D. Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Chris Godwin, C. Ridley, AJ Green, Corey Davis, Jake Kumerow, Allan Lazard
TE- Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper

IDP- 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 FLEX 1 PT per Tackle, .5 PT per Assist. 3 Bonus for every 3 Tackles, 6 PT per sack
DT/DE-Aaron Donald, DeForest Buckner, Nick Bosa, Derrek Barnett,
LB- Luke Kueckly, Darius Leonard , Corey littleton, Devin Bush, Jaylon Smith, CJ Mosely, Fred Warner, Telvin Smith
DB- Landon Collins, Tyrann Matheiu, Jesse Bates

IR
Keanu Neal

Taxi squad
TJ hockenson
Quinnen Williams
Ed Oliver
Ian Thomas
Tyquell Armstead

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 am

Ice wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:21 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:50 am
i dont get why anyone thinks anything other than hes one of the top 3 or 4 backs in this draft. he tested just as well as barkley at the combine (ok slightly below but had barkley not been there the story would have been about how chubb crushed the combine)

his college production was extremely good and pre knee injury everyone talked about him like they did with fournette, zeke, or barkley coming out.

i think people see Browns and see hyde/duke and they write him off their list.

he will be a stud and he will get heavy usage year 1. im all in on this dude
No problem being all in on the dude as he could be great but the Combine is little more than a checked box for the pros.

The tape is about 85% of the decision process the other 15 is confirmation with interviews, background checks, medical, the combine and site visits.

Several backs did well at the Combine.
If thats the case chubbs tape is filthy if you ask me.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak , Bortles, Tyrod
RB: Zeke, CMC, Ingram, Chubb, Mcguire
WR: Davante Adams, AB, Tyreek, Fuller, Pettis, Aj Brown, Fitz, Hamilton Geronimo, Scantling, Hollins, Bmarsh, Jordan Matthews
TE: Ertz, Vannett, Gates, Watson
Picks: 2019 1st,2nd,(x2)3rd,4th,5th

TM2
QB: Watson, Dak, Haskins, Rosen
RB: Zeke, Fournette, Yeldon, Buck Allen, alf, jeremy hill
WR: Hopkins, MT, Kupp, Marvin Jones, MVS, Goodwin, Crowder, Dae Hamilton, Josh Reynolds
TE: Olsen,Brate,J Cook,Jonnu ,Seals-Jones, Shaheen

TM3
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Hunt, Sony, Alfred Morris, Ware
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp,Sanders, Metcalf, AJ brown,a miller, Callaway, Hamilton, Lasley, Bmarsh, Trey Quinn, Scantling
TE: Kelce, Rudolph ,Vannet, Watson

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:15 am

PNWHawkfan wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm
I think anyone saying they want ROJO over Chubb shouldn't be trusted. I haven't said much this year but come on man. This young man is gonna turn some heads at the RB position. Tons of players have had knee injuries at a young age and bounced back to 95%. Chubb was averaging 8 yards per carry, 1500 yards his Freshman season and only played in 8 games that year. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Chubb this year and they are going to regret it this time next year.
x2 and i like rojo a lot.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak , Bortles, Tyrod
RB: Zeke, CMC, Ingram, Chubb, Mcguire
WR: Davante Adams, AB, Tyreek, Fuller, Pettis, Aj Brown, Fitz, Hamilton Geronimo, Scantling, Hollins, Bmarsh, Jordan Matthews
TE: Ertz, Vannett, Gates, Watson
Picks: 2019 1st,2nd,(x2)3rd,4th,5th

TM2
QB: Watson, Dak, Haskins, Rosen
RB: Zeke, Fournette, Yeldon, Buck Allen, alf, jeremy hill
WR: Hopkins, MT, Kupp, Marvin Jones, MVS, Goodwin, Crowder, Dae Hamilton, Josh Reynolds
TE: Olsen,Brate,J Cook,Jonnu ,Seals-Jones, Shaheen

TM3
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Hunt, Sony, Alfred Morris, Ware
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp,Sanders, Metcalf, AJ brown,a miller, Callaway, Hamilton, Lasley, Bmarsh, Trey Quinn, Scantling
TE: Kelce, Rudolph ,Vannet, Watson

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:43 am

I had Chubb #2 predraft. Refuse to own browns, therefore have and will continue to pass on him.

If you don't understand that, Chubb owners will in short time.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:06 am

Jason3123 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Of course there's value. Browns are still allowed to play football. But going to the Browns is a curse. Pryor 1 and done. Braylon 1 hit wonder. No QB for 20+ years. Hue Jackson is trash. Gordon 1 year wonder. They come and go. Dysfunctional organization. Spending a top rookie pick on a Brown is just gross. It's the price of investment that is horrible. Just like all these poor souls spending high capital on Josh Gordon. It's like they enjoy cutting themselves in the shower.
were you saying the same thing about rams players before last season?

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:21 am

Rosenbluu wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:46 pm
Defender wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:29 pm
Defender wrote:
Lol I truly don’t see how Chubb is anyone’s RB2... I would take Guice/RoJo/Penny/Michel easily over Chubb
I never said I would select Chubb before Guice. (I see them as being in the same tier, and age is the tiebreaker.) But I would easily take Chubb before Jones II, Penny, and Michel. Here is my post from the 2018 RB rookie discussion tread:
Defender wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:44 am
Barkley
Guice
Chubb

Penny
Michel
Freeman/Johnson [can’t put one above the other]
Jones III

Ballage

After this, I value the next ~10-15 RBs pretty equally.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:53 am

Guice is catching a lot of passes in OTAs. Doesn’t mean much. Wait till training camp.