Difference between Dalvin and Penny

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bot
All Pro
All Pro

Difference between Dalvin and Penny

Postby bot » Fri May 18, 2018 8:52 am

For team in sig. Owner of Penny (champ from last season and Vikes fan) wants Dalvin from me and I wouldn't mind adding a player like Penny from his squad. As you can see I have a decent amount of RB upside, but not a lot with proven, longer term track records and adding Penny would even increase that lack of proven production in the pros.

Some other pieces he has that I would be interested in are: 2019 1st, Ertz, Will Fuller (I would be interested in him for cheap since I have Watson). He also has bigger pieces like Gurley, Diggs, Julio, AJ Green but they probably couldn't be worked in to this type of trade unless it became a big package deal and I am not actively trying to buy Julio or Green.

Should I just hold Cook or try and squeeze some value here as this is a Vikings fan?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Difference between Dalvin and Penny

Postby Goddard » Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 am

Penny and a future 1st or Penny and Ertz would be enough for me to move Cook.

bot
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bot » Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 am

Goddard wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 am Penny and a future 1st or Penny and Ertz would be enough for me to move Cook.
Goddard, this is exactly what I was thinking about in terms of a starting offer too. Just wanted to see if I was out of line with my thinking.
Thanks

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 am

bot wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 am
Goddard wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 am Penny and a future 1st or Penny and Ertz would be enough for me to move Cook.
Goddard, this is exactly what I was thinking about in terms of a starting offer too. Just wanted to see if I was out of line with my thinking.
Thanks
If I drafted Penny, there is zero chance I would add a 2019 1st or Ertz to him for Cook. I don't see a large value gap between the two RBs, maybe a 2019 2nd if someone really wanted Cook.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 am
bot wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 am
Thanks
If I drafted Penny, there is zero chance I would add a 2019 1st or Ertz to him for Cook. I don't see a large value gap between the two RBs, maybe a 2019 2nd if someone really wanted Cook.
That's probably accurate if I owned Penny...but at the same time, if I owned Cook and someone was offering Penny for him, a 2nd wouldn't cut it. Since they're the ones coming to you and asking for your guy, they obviously value Cook much more than Penny or else they'd be just fine holding onto Penny if they thought the difference was merely a future 2nd.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri May 18, 2018 11:57 am

I'm on the opposite side of Ditka. It would take at LEAST a 1st or Ertz to get me to think about moving Cook for Penny. I like Penny, but a big part of his value is that he's being drafted into a spot to be a 3-down back. Cook has the same 3-down role, except that his line doesn't stink and, more importantly, we already know that he's actually good at pro football.

Cook is like Penny if everything works out perfectly for Penny, and if I've got Cook you have to pay for that certainty.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert