Gronk Thread: Gronkowski to Tampa Bay!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: The Gronk!!

Postby IR1 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Have him in 2 leagues- one's competitive and I'm holding, the other is a rebuild and I'm shopping- he's a hard sell, so waiting closer to or in season will probably be a better time to move him
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue May 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Team in sig, definitely in my window to compete, but have younger talent too. I was sure if I was holding him he would get injured for the season. I think he plays 2-3 more years and retires with Brady if I had to bet. I see a big in-season injury coming but maybe I always expect that from him. ANYWAY,

Traded him a few weeks ago:
Give: Gronk
Get: Ebron, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue May 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Easy hold.
Dynasty players avoid age like the plague.
Gronk is a piece that can help you win the ship, I will take that.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue May 08, 2018 2:17 pm

I'd pay a late 1st and would probably sell for a mid 1st.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue May 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Big Ben threw around the "R" word last year, and his value tanked. Now he's back to talking 3+ years.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Brooks ('27), Wright ('27), Guerendo ('26), Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), Nabers ('28), Worthy ('28), Polk ('28), Franklin ('28), E Moore ('25), M Thomas ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $201

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): Sinnott ('28), All ('28), Schrader ('26), A Reed ('28)

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Tue May 08, 2018 4:43 pm

mullmania wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:30 pm His value is like Devin Funchess level to me.
I like Funchess but a guy like Gronk can win you games.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Tue May 08, 2018 5:30 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:37 am Would you trade for him?

if so what are you paying?

Still elite prices?
Eilte prices?...its over. Keep him and ride him to retirement.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Tue May 08, 2018 8:05 pm

Gronk is in a weird spot right now. He’s so valuable to the team he’s on , especially if your contending but as a buyer, I can see why you wouldn’t give up a ton. I actually tried to sell him last year after a huge game and didn’t get anything good.

He’s arguably the biggest risk in fantasy. He could retire next week or get hurt, or .... he could play another 3 years and be dominant. For that reason I’m holding.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue May 08, 2018 8:48 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:57 pm If you are a contender, he is a top 3 TE with a limited window. If you are rebuilding you probably aren’t interested. It’s team dependent. He’s like Brady in QBs, McCoy in the RBs, Fitzgerald in WRs...they are number 1s and possible league winners, but because of the age they are absolutely valueless to a contingent of owners.
On a side note, Now is the time to strike if you are buying Gronk, or any of the type of players listed. If you are selling, u are likely better waiting till inseason to get a better deal.
If someone want to buy into the retirement talk, that’s their prerogative, but calling it an age thing is a bit disingenuous. He’s only four and a half months older than Kelce, ferchrissakes. Hasn’t LeVeon threatened retirement too? Nobody is discounting him that severely.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:27 am

M-Dub wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:48 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:57 pm If you are a contender, he is a top 3 TE with a limited window. If you are rebuilding you probably aren’t interested. It’s team dependent. He’s like Brady in QBs, McCoy in the RBs, Fitzgerald in WRs...they are number 1s and possible league winners, but because of the age they are absolutely valueless to a contingent of owners.
On a side note, Now is the time to strike if you are buying Gronk, or any of the type of players listed. If you are selling, u are likely better waiting till inseason to get a better deal.
If someone want to buy into the retirement talk, that’s their prerogative, but calling it an age thing is a bit disingenuous. He’s only four and a half months older than Kelce, ferchrissakes. Hasn’t LeVeon threatened retirement too? Nobody is discounting him that severely.
Well maybe I phrased that wrong,instead of saying age I could have said ”factors” or something. but I do believe yes that his age is a problem, and you are kinda just sweeping it under the rug. Have you tried selling him? Yeah, he is being discounted severely, at least by buyers. The book on Gronk was always that he could have a shorter career due to back problems, this was talked about when he was a rookie. So even though 29 may not be “old”, he’s definitely getting to the worriesome part of his career. Add in the injury history since he’s been in the league, the retirement talk, the fact he financially secure, and the job in Hollywood or WWE that’s waiting for him, and I can understand why some people may be skittish.

mlynarcm
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mlynarcm » Wed May 09, 2018 5:52 am

I think right now he's on a slide scale depending on how you view his retirement status.

(Young Top 3 TE)<---------------------------------------------------------->(Greg Olsen with 2 years left)

Sellers want Top 3 value, buyers want to get Gronk while paying for Olsen. The uncertainty makes both sides feel like they could get screwed in the deal. I would rather target a mid range like Hunter Henry or get Greg Olsen for his last two years than pay for Gronk.

I would say the Hunter Henry range is what I would value Gronk at right now.
Team 1
12 team league, PPR
Start 1QB, 1-3RBs, 1-3WRs, 1 TE
QB: D. Prescott, K. Cousins,
RB: D. Cook, M. Gordon, T. Cohen, D. Guice, R. Penny J. Mckinnon, L. Murray, C. Edmonds, D. Harris
WR: O. Beckham, D. Adams, K. Allen, J. Edleman, O. Johnson
TE: E. Ebron, G. Kittle

Team 2
Start 1QB, 1-3RBs, 1-3WRs, 1 TE
QB: Mayfield, Winston,
RB: D. Cook, N. Chubb, K. Johnson, G. Bernard, N. Hines
WR: O. Beckham, J. Jones, A. Brown D. Funchess, Z. Jones, D. Moncrief, M Bryant
TE: G. Kittle, E. Ebron, R.Gronkowski

kandyman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby kandyman » Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am

Out of my two dynasty leagues I have Gronk in both with some depth behind to possibly deal him. The problem I have been coming across is noone is willing to pay the price of a 1st plus a solid speculation/borderline flex play. There is little reason for me to part with him for just a mid to late first when he can perform at a top 5 tight end level for the next couple of years. He is at an extreme buy low like everyone has said. Owners of Gronk have to decide to cut bait and get what you can or wait it out for a better opportunity. Personally, I am holding (still trying to compete) and waiting until he signs an extension to deal him, deal him off midseason to a competitor if things don't look good for my team for a kings ransom, or waiting until the patriots part ways with him in a trade with another team. The best part is I am happy just accepting that the best tight end in football and fantasy is on my team and he is gonna give me the best shot at some championships over the next couple years if he doesn't retire early. Price has to be right for someone to get that opportunity. If Belichick retires after this year I can see a happier Gronk wanting to play more for Mcdaniels if we buy into the "he's unhappy" narrative out there. The more this retirement talk fades his price could go up slightly, but I think it is going to be rough for Gronk owners to part at the prices people want to buy until there is some solid confirmation about his future in football.
Team 1 (2021 picks 1.03, 1.10,1.11, 2.11)
QB - Josh Allen, Cam Newton, Taysom Hill
RB - Miles Sanders, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins
WR - Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Boyd, C. Ridley, N'Keal Harry, P. Campbell
TE- Njoku, D. Knox, Trautman
LB - E. Kendricks, D. Bush, D. White, I. Simmons
DL - B. Chubb, Nick Bosa
DB - D. James, J. Abram
Team 2 (2020 Picks 1.113.10)
QB - Burrow, D. Jones, Brady, M Ryan
RB - Miles Sanders, T. Cohen, D. Harris, Swift, AJ Dillon
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, Justin Jefferson, N. Harry, Tee Higgins
TE - D. Njoku, TJ Hockenson
LB - Roquan Smith, Jayon Brown, Greenlaw
DL - B. Chubb, C. Young
DB - L. Collins, A. Winfield

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed May 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Gronk is 28. Even if he does retire people are still going to roster him in most dynasty leagues. Gates was fantasy-relevant until age 34-36, Gonzo until 37. There's no doubt in my mind that Gronk could have 5-8 good years left if he wants to play, and he could be the #1 TE any or all of those years. I do worry that he'll get a TV offer a la Romo & Witten since he is a cultural icon already, and his salary as a TE is less than it would be at WR.

But if anyone is selling I'm still buying.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed May 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Tsunami wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:58 pm Gronk is 28. Even if he does retire people are still going to roster him in most dynasty leagues. Gates was fantasy-relevant until age 34-36, Gonzo until 37. There's no doubt in my mind that Gronk could have 5-8 good years left if he wants to play, and he could be the #1 TE any or all of those years. I do worry that he'll get a TV offer a la Romo & Witten since he is a cultural icon already, and his salary as a TE is less than it would be at WR.

But if anyone is selling I'm still buying.
It's interesting anyone is concerned about age. A top TE can continue to play at a high level until they are 35. It's his fame (that you alluded to here) that is the issue. There is zero question that he is going to be in front of the camera for a long, long time following his NFL career. And he isn't starting that in the booth. He will try other sports first either as an athlete or a showman (like WWF). Eventually he will go to the booth but not until he's done a lot of other things. The only question is how soon he will leave football to pursue those other endeavors.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

DynastyBuilder515
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyBuilder515 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:40 pm

This thread makes me feel like I overpaid...but I just gave the 1.3 for Gronk and Brady on a contending team and felt pretty ok about it.