Is This Collusion, Unethical, Both, or Neither?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Both Collusion and Unethical
44%
Only Collusion
No votes
Only Unethical
44%
Neither Collusion or Unethical
13%

Total votes: 39

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Team A put a star player on the trading block to help him rebuild (old team, lost many players to injuries, suspensions, and retirement). The commissioner entered into trade talks with Team A, and they went back and forth discussing a deal. Team A thought that the talks had hit a roadblock, so he told the commissioner he was going to talk to other teams, including the commissioner's two brothers, who were also in the league. The commissioner does not like this, so he sends angry text messages to his brothers, one of which (Team B) tells Team A that he is dropping out because of the text. The contents of the text are not known other than the fact that it was angry and hostile, but it is presumed that the commissioner was playing the "family card" in order to make sure that his brothers didn't compete with him, and vice versa.

Team A wasn't necessarily trying to create a bidding war, but wanted to see what other offers were out there, and how much other teams valued the star player. Eventually, Team A and the commish struck a deal, but Team A was upset with how the commissioner behaved. Team A is new to dynasty, and after the deal was processed, Team B said that he could have offered Team A a better deal.

Is this collusion, unethical/shady, or neither?
Last edited by turcorox911 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Is This Collusion, Unethical/Shady, or Neither?

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Is it:

a) Collusion
b) Unethical
c) Shady
d) All of the above

I'll choose D & make that my final answer.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:31 pm Is it:

a) Collusion
b) Unethical
c) Shady
d) All of the above

I'll choose D & make that my final answer.
So what's the difference between shady behavior and unethical? Can something be shady, but also not unethical?

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:42 pm

JTLoh wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 pm How come Gay isnt an option? Cause this all sounds Gay to me.
Maybe that's option e:

E) Gay

LOL. Team A sounds like a wuss too. If I was team A and the commish pulled that crap, I would make that commish pay through the nose if he wanted my player. If I was team A, I wouldn't poop the bed & give the commish the satisfaction of getting my player after squashing my other trade partners.

New to dynasty doesn't mean new to fantasy football. Hold your ground buddy!

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm

JTLoh wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:35 pm How come Gay isnt an option? Cause this all sounds Gay to me.
Randall or Rudy?

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:55 pm

:lol: Dude, I'm still laughing.

Seriously, that commish does not deserve to have anyone in his league. What utter garbage that whole scenario is. If you havent committed any monies to this season, I strongly suggest bailing. If you have monies committed, then I'd finish the year and bolt. I would suggest getting your money back but if he's this much of a dink I'd hate for him to get so mad at you he wets his panties.

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:05 pm

You know how I know you are gay?

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Novacane wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:05 pm
Because you capitalized the word “Gay.”

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:05 pm

bucsrule wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Seriously, that commish does not deserve to have anyone in his league. What utter garbage that whole scenario is. If you havent committed any monies to this season, I strongly suggest bailing. If you have monies committed, then I'd finish the year and bolt. I would suggest getting your money back but if he's this much of a dink I'd hate for him to get so mad at you he wets his panties.
I totally agree with you about leaving. Just trying to convince the guys in my redraft league to "upgrade" to dynasty.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Because you capitalized the word “Gay.”
lol, it's been a while since I've heard "gay" thrown around in the way that he did. I legit didn't know how to react since I live in a pretty progressive community.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:12 pm

turcorox911 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:05 pm

I totally agree with you about leaving. Just trying to convince the guys in my redraft league to "upgrade" to dynasty.
If this is the same league that you have been posting about RUNAWAY. This guy should not be a commissioner.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:12 pm
turcorox911 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:05 pm

If this is the same league that you have been posting about RUNAWAY. This guy should not be a commissioner.
lol, right.

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Re: Is This Collusion, Unethical, Both, or Neither?

Postby Hahaclintondix » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:56 pm

Dude, you posted all of these on Reddit over the course of the last 2 weeks and received adequate responses to each question. These are legitimately copy/pasted. For the love of all things living please God make it stop...Or at least don’t post the other 5+ questions asking the same thing.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Don't waste time with these kinds of leagues, unless it's redraft, then these kind of melodrama leagues can be a lot of fun, so long as it's small money.

:lol:

BTW, when I think "unethical", it's something that's against the rules. Shady, immoral behavior is against commonly held principles espoused by the community/society.

And even though I also consider myself progressive and a supporter of LGBTQRSTUV (they keep adding letters, not sure where they are at now) rights, I did laugh about the "gay" post.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 pm Don't waste time with these kinds of leagues, unless it's redraft, then these kind of melodrama leagues can be a lot of fun, so long as it's small money.

:lol:

BTW, when I think "unethical", it's something that's against the rules. Shady, immoral behavior is against commonly held principles espoused by the community/society.

And even though I also consider myself progressive and a supporter of LGBTQRSTUV (they keep adding letters, not sure where they are at now) rights, I did laugh about the "gay" post.
Might need to expand on that one for me.