Keep 1 and rookies?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Keep 1 and rookies?

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:03 pm

In this league you keep 1 veteran and any rookies. The catch is you give up your draft pick the round you selected him in. Right now my choices are looking like Foster and Braford. My doubts are that Tate could go in and take some time away from Foster. Also I have Nicks to chose. Here are the picks I am considering:
1st round. Andre Johnson
4th round. Hakeem Nicks
5th round. Mike Wallace
6th round. Arian Foster
12th round. Toby Gerhart (R)
13th round. Sam Bradford (R)
Last year it was a 16 team league but this year it is down to 12.
Here are the rules:
Completions .1 points
1 point per 45 passing yards
6 point all TDs
Rushing attempts .05 points
1 point per 10 rushing yards
receptions .33
1 point per 15 receiving yards

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Keep 1 and rookies?

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:16 pm

I think it's either Foster or nicks.. and I think Foster is the biggest bargain. He's a top 6 pick in ppr leagues, and getting him in the sixth is nice value. Bradford COULD become a top give QB, but he's not there yet and probably won't be for a couple years, so you'd be holding onto him for a long time ( and probably drafting other starters, at least this year). Seems like a waste of a keeper.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:41 pm

RobertBobson wrote:I think it's either Foster or nicks.. and I think Foster is the biggest bargain. He's a top 6 pick in ppr leagues, and getting him in the sixth is nice value. Bradford COULD become a top give QB, but he's not there yet and probably won't be for a couple years, so you'd be holding onto him for a long time ( and probably drafting other starters, at least this year). Seems like a waste of a keeper.
Thanks for the input. Since I can keep him with no penalty except a 13th round pick I thought it would be worth it. He is being drafted in the 7th round in the ADP redraft leagues right now.
16 team, No-PPR, 6 pt passing tds
QB: Brady, Schuab, Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, Redman, Carter,R. Jennings, M. Bush, Vereen
WR: Britt, Little, Brown, Wright, Kerley, Sanders, Broyles
TE: Dickson, Cook
K: Zuerlien
DEF: Philidelphia
2013: 2 1sts, 2 2nd
2014: 5 1sts, 1 2nd

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Wallace's Warriors wrote:
RobertBobson wrote:I think it's either Foster or nicks.. and I think Foster is the biggest bargain. He's a top 6 pick in ppr leagues, and getting him in the sixth is nice value. Bradford COULD become a top give QB, but he's not there yet and probably won't be for a couple years, so you'd be holding onto him for a long time ( and probably drafting other starters, at least this year). Seems like a waste of a keeper.
Thanks for the input. Since I can keep him with no penalty except a 13th round pick I thought it would be worth it. He is being drafted in the 7th round in the ADP redraft leagues right now.

Oh for sure, it's a good value.. but not as good as a first rounder for a 6th, imo.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:18 pm

If you keep a player, say Foster, then next year when it comes time to protect, do you get him again for a sixth rounder? If this is the case, I'd probably go Foster and Bradford - if you end up getting a stud QB for the 13th round pick for the next decade, that's a win.

As for your WRs - you were stacked, I'd have faith in my ability to draft that well again at that position. You will probably get one of Nicks/Johnson/Wallace with your first round pick if you want, I imagine.

Good luck! -oo-

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:20 pm

meineymoe wrote: As for your WRs - you were stacked, I'd have faith in my ability to draft that well again at that position. You will probably get one of Nicks/Johnson/Wallace with your first round pick if you want, I imagine.

Good luck! -oo-

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. A sick team for a 16 team league.

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:46 pm

You could say stacked but you don't take in to account injuries. The league started up to 4 WRs (2 WR, 1 W/T, 1 W/R/T). My backups at WR Nate Burleson and Brad Smith. I only finished 4th mainly because of lack of depth. I think I could get 2 of those receivers because this draft will have some good talent. With a change from 16 team to 12 team it causes more first round caliber players to drop to the second round. :thumbup:

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:24 am

meineymoe wrote:If you keep a player, say Foster, then next year when it comes time to protect, do you get him again for a sixth rounder? If this is the case, I'd probably go Foster and Bradford - if you end up getting a stud QB for the 13th round pick for the next decade, that's a win.
can you answer this part for me? or don't you get to keep the same players year after year?

-oo-

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:57 pm

meineymoe wrote:
meineymoe wrote:If you keep a player, say Foster, then next year when it comes time to protect, do you get him again for a sixth rounder? If this is the case, I'd probably go Foster and Bradford - if you end up getting a stud QB for the 13th round pick for the next decade, that's a win.
can you answer this part for me? or don't you get to keep the same players year after year?

-oo-
I believe you can protect them again, but I will definitely check that. I will email the commish but it might take a day or two.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:19 am

Wallace's Warriors wrote:
meineymoe wrote:

-oo-
I believe you can protect them again, but I will definitely check that. I will email the commish but it might take a day or two.
Yeah, that's the deal maker/breaker here...if you can get Bradford and are subjected to losing only the 13th rounder - no brainer! I would keep Foster since there are fewer and fewer true #1 RB...
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:38 am

Yes, he said I could keep Foster and Bradford for the same pick next year.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 am

Wallace's Warriors wrote:Yes, he said I could keep Foster and Bradford for the same pick next year.
Then Bradford is an easy call. I'd love to get a QB like that in the 13th round every year! -oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:03 am

Come next year, though, Bradford is no longer a rookie - so this is just about giving up the 13th rd pick for him. Easy call, for sure.

As for Nicks for the 4th or Foster for the 6th...since you can start up to 4 WRs I would lean toward keeping Nicks. But both are good bargains.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 pm

I think the best value here is Foster (6th) as your veteran keeper and Bradford (13th) as your rookie keeper.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:21 pm

True, Bradford won't be a rookie next year.... but if he looks to be reaching the top 5 potential that many are spouting for him, then I'd probably focus on getting a few top rookies in the draft each season and try to ride that 13th round stud QB value as long as I could!

-oo-