valuing devy picks in trades

Interested in discussing devy leagues? This is the forum.
moskate
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

valuing devy picks in trades

Postby moskate » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:06 am

Hey guys, new to devy and just trying to gauge devy pick value in trades involving nfl players also

theoretical trade involving say Lamar Miller, 2.10, and a 5th round rookie pick.

For say Guice and a future 4th round devy pick

No idea how to value something like this

Any help is appreciated

spartan833
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: valuing devy picks in trades

Postby spartan833 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:39 pm

This is similar to what I came here to ask. Although, it more along the lines of how do we value players that have already been selected? For example, Bryce Love or D Metcalf. The only way I can think to do this is to rank the players in that year and see what pick he would go and then compare it to the corresponding pick, but I know that isn't accurate since the RBs that are just entering college carry much more value.

DLF_PeteL
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: valuing devy picks in trades

Postby DLF_PeteL » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:29 am

Great question moskate!
Really I think it depends on the league. Each league seems to value them differently depending on the time of the league. Usually during a startup of a DEVY league with newer members I have found that nobody values the DEVY picks. Then they normally over correct.
Try to use rankings like those found https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynas ... -rankings/ to see who might be available for you and if that makes the trade worthwhile.
I would absolutely trade Miller for Guice and do that deal.
Hope that helps!