Combined rookie qb ranks

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
WhiskeyD32
Rookie
Rookie

Combined rookie qb ranks

Postby WhiskeyD32 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:19 pm

If you combined the 2017 and 2018 class how are you guys ranking the top 8-10 qbs?

WhiskeyD32
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Combined rookie qb ranks

Postby WhiskeyD32 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:04 pm

How could I have worded this differently to get some replies? The gist of what I was after is to compare this year to last year as far as the qbs go. Would watson and mahomes go over all this years qbs? Is trubisky better than all these guys? Maybe it was a bad question....idk.

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:39 am

If we are talking about from a projection stand point...i.e. not knowing how these QBs would perform last year??? If so it would be something like this in my Opinion

Mayfield
Darnold
Rosen
Allen
Watson
Mahomes
Trubisky
Jackson
Kizer

That would be my list. I am also not a believer at ALL in Trubisky despite what many think. I didn't like him last year and I still don't like him. Given what we know about the QBs currently, clearly Watson would be 1, I would put Mahomes 2 because he has a starting job and Andy Reid has been very good with QBs and then my list would be the same, even with Trubisky being a starter, I'd take a shot on any of the Top 4 guys this year over him.
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:24 am

Mahomes
Watson
--------------------
Mayfield
Trubisky
Jackson
--------------------
Darnold
Rosen
Allen
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

WhiskeyD32
Rookie
Rookie

Postby WhiskeyD32 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I’m trying to figure out what to do at 1.03 in our 2qb draft. I have watson and mahomes, but nothing behind them. I took watson and mahomes at 5 and 6 last year. Trubisky went 11. I didn’t buy trubisky at all either. WIth this class being strong and the success of watson, I’m not sure how that changes the dynamic this year. I want a qb and I’ve pretty much settled on either mayfield or jackson. Darnold is growing on me late, but I don’t like Allen or Rosen. Landing spots could change some things, but I’m looking for an immediate starter. Just don’t know that I could pull the trigger on Lamar that high.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:47 am

WhiskeyD32 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:46 pm Thanks for the input guys. I’m trying to figure out what to do at 1.03 in our 2qb draft. I have watson and mahomes, but nothing behind them. I took watson and mahomes at 5 and 6 last year. Trubisky went 11. I didn’t buy trubisky at all either. WIth this class being strong and the success of watson, I’m not sure how that changes the dynamic this year. I want a qb and I’ve pretty much settled on either mayfield or jackson. Darnold is growing on me late, but I don’t like Allen or Rosen. Landing spots could change some things, but I’m looking for an immediate starter. Just don’t know that I could pull the trigger on Lamar that high.
Landing spot is going to be huge if you're looking for a starter.

WhiskeyD32
Rookie
Rookie

Postby WhiskeyD32 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 am

UnsafeAtAnySpd wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:47 am
WhiskeyD32 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:46 pm Thanks for the input guys. I’m trying to figure out what to do at 1.03 in our 2qb draft. I have watson and mahomes, but nothing behind them. I took watson and mahomes at 5 and 6 last year. Trubisky went 11. I didn’t buy trubisky at all either. WIth this class being strong and the success of watson, I’m not sure how that changes the dynamic this year. I want a qb and I’ve pretty much settled on either mayfield or jackson. Darnold is growing on me late, but I don’t like Allen or Rosen. Landing spots could change some things, but I’m looking for an immediate starter. Just don’t know that I could pull the trigger on Lamar that high.
Landing spot is going to be huge if you're looking for a starter.
Agreed. But I also don’t want to take a less talented player in my ranks just because he’s starting. I’d be more likely to trade down or out if that happened.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:07 pm

If you are dead set on QB I’d trade down to 1.5-1.8 or so and get some more picks. You already have 2 young guys in good situations, personally I feel investing all these early picks in QBs could hurt your team. You could have Guice/ Chub at 1.3 then hope to grab the last of the top 5 QBs at 2.3 if you have it.