Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Allen Robinson 2018 Outlook

Postby John Paul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:52 am

Didn't the Bears also bring in Notre Dame's OL coach? If so, I can see McGlinchey or Nelson being drafted there in the first. That would also help Trubisky out immensely heading into year two...
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 am

raiders444 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 am As a Kevin White owner who has been diligently stashing him on my bench now for 3 years, hoping for that break out to finally happen...does this signify the end? I take it Robinson likely moves into the #1, Meredith #2. White is built more like an outside receiver, not so much a slot guy but who knows. Just hoping he can one day put up even 60-800-5
It is more likely to get reported later this week that White is being placed on IR and will miss the 2018 season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:48 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:03 am This is a great landing spot for Allen Robinson. Not happy as a Vikings fan. But, I'm happy for him.
I think its a mediocre landing spot. Not great, not horrible. As a Vikings fan, I'm not in the least bit worried to be honest. Shut down ARob with Xavier Rhodes, put some pressure on Trubisky, collect a fumble or Int here and there, let them hand the ball of 29-30 times to Howard for an avg of 2 -2.6 yds per carry, and beat them easily.

I own Trubisky in one league. I added him as a flier because he was the first qb taken from his draft class. This however doesn't guarantee a single thing. Being the first qb taken in a draft class has very little correlation to career success. He has draft capital invested in him and has some nice albeit raw skill and intangibles. I'd hold my horses for a bit and reserve judgement. They are young, they could gel, they could grow well together and turn this cancerous franchise around. Or, none of that could happen and we could easily see the Bears on the bottom of the NFC North. Again.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 am

This is a great spot. Anyone who watched trubisky last year saw how accurate he is. He now, apparently, will have great athletes in Arob and Trey Burton to make some hay after the catch...and frankly, to make the catch. I cant tell you how bad the Bears receiving corps was last season, teams literally keyed on the 5'6" Tarik Cohen bc it was on film eveyr week that he was the only one capable of breaking a play open.

Trubisky once threw 3 passes that were easy drops in a row, in the redzone, with two being td drops. Insane, and the Bears are not surprising anyone in this aggressive repair. Its absolutely the correct thing to do. Draft a lineman for offense or defense, or a defensive back in the first few rounds now.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Raymond1974 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:29 am
chopping mall wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:23 am
Raymond1974 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:18 am
Maybe I should have taken it! I could be wrong,but I just don't like A-rob with the bears! :doh:
If you really don't believe in him and were almost willing to take two thirds, then go to everyone else in the league someone will pay you more for him right now. You can easily get a late 1st.
i was never willing to take two thirds. I was hoping for better,but in our league first round picks seem more valueble than gold. I will throw out some offers and I would settle for a early to mid round second.
Honestly if you're league is like that, then flip it, and use every offseason to trade picks for elite players, tiered of course based on slotting and round, if anything's overvalued or undervalued, seize that opportunity.

When leagues are crazy about valuation of picks, it may be frustrating, but it really does just make veterans even more valuable than usual during the season. I would perpetually trade my picks in a league like that (and usually I am after acquiring picks rather than trading them).

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 pm

A lot of people are optimistic about ARob this year because of what Nagy might do to make the Chicago offense click, but wasn't Nagy the same guy who ran the offenses in KC that never used WRs? Tyreek did finally have a nice year as a WR there last year, but even that was with only 100 targets.

Most are anticipating 140-150 targets for ARob this year. Is that really part of Nagy's offensive philosophy?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm

For reference, since yesterday’s news, I have rejected three first round offers for A Rob, and we play with salaries, and his salary is on the higher end. Ranging from picks 1.5-1.10. Like many have said, he is superior in every facet to any WRs in this draft, placing him squarely at 1.2 value. The bears have sucked for so long that we forget the HC they brought in, their good O line, the new HC, and a talented - yes I said talented - rookie QB. he absolutely had no chance last year with the pathetic K Wright. Does this translate into real life success of winning a lot of game? Probably not on the short term. But as far as fantasy, there are 200 targets to be had in Chicago this year if they continue as is with no progress. If that is floor, I can reasonably expect a floor of 100 targets as a flow floor. Doesn’t exactly scream sell now to me.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:06 pm

hjernazian wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm For reference, since yesterday’s news, I have rejected three first round offers for A Rob, and we play with salaries, and his salary is on the higher end. Ranging from picks 1.5-1.10. Like many have said, he is superior in every facet to any WRs in this draft, placing him squarely at 1.2 value. The bears have sucked for so long that we forget the HC they brought in, their good O line, the new HC, and a talented - yes I said talented - rookie QB. he absolutely had no chance last year with the pathetic K Wright. Does this translate into real life success of winning a lot of game? Probably not on the short term. But as far as fantasy, there are 200 targets to be had in Chicago this year if they continue as is with no progress. If that is floor, I can reasonably expect a floor of 100 targets as a flow floor. Doesn’t exactly scream sell now to me.
But as I mentioned above, isn't that new HC they brought in the same guy who has a history of not really using his WRs? His lead WR had 83 targets in 2016 and 105 targets last year. And wasn't he involved during that historic stretch where KC went like a whole year without a WR having a TD?

I am cautiously optimistic for ARob, but I'm not sure why Nagy is seen as such a boon when his offense seems to favor not heavily targeting a lead WR.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:06 pm
hjernazian wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm For reference, since yesterday’s news, I have rejected three first round offers for A Rob, and we play with salaries, and his salary is on the higher end. Ranging from picks 1.5-1.10. Like many have said, he is superior in every facet to any WRs in this draft, placing him squarely at 1.2 value. The bears have sucked for so long that we forget the HC they brought in, their good O line, the new HC, and a talented - yes I said talented - rookie QB. he absolutely had no chance last year with the pathetic K Wright. Does this translate into real life success of winning a lot of game? Probably not on the short term. But as far as fantasy, there are 200 targets to be had in Chicago this year if they continue as is with no progress. If that is floor, I can reasonably expect a floor of 100 targets as a flow floor. Doesn’t exactly scream sell now to me.
But as I mentioned above, isn't that new HC they brought in the same guy who has a history of not really using his WRs? His lead WR had 83 targets in 2016 and 105 targets last year. And wasn't he involved during that historic stretch where KC went like a whole year without a WR having a TD?

I am cautiously optimistic for ARob, but I'm not sure why Nagy is seen as such a boon when his offense seems to favor not heavily targeting a lead WR.
I don’t think they have anyone else to target more than him. Gabriel was a decent signing as was Burton but AROB is going to get a ton of targets, imo. I just can’t imagine the Bears spending that kind of money on AROB and then not feeding him the ball.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 pm A lot of people are optimistic about ARob this year because of what Nagy might do to make the Chicago offense click, but wasn't Nagy the same guy who ran the offenses in KC that never used WRs? Tyreek did finally have a nice year as a WR there last year, but even that was with only 100 targets.

Most are anticipating 140-150 targets for ARob this year. Is that really part of Nagy's offensive philosophy?
Um, he ran their offense for two seasons. In 2016, Hill was a rookie and he had a washed up Maclin. And last year he had Hill and Kelce. Don't you think if he had anyone as good or the size of ARob that he would have used him?
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Yeah, when Nagy had WRs he used them.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:06 pm

To keep piling on, Andy Reid called plays for the last two seasons and in December handed the reigns over to Nagy, and KC went 4-1 and averaged nearly 30 PPG. Yes, Nagy is an unknown and just like McVay at this time last year who knows if it will work but you have to respect CHI for taking the gamble.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:21 pm Yeah, when Nagy had WRs he used them.
Maclin's targets went from 8.3 per game the year before Nagy took over to 6.2 per game in Nagy's first year. Hill last year even playing really well had only 105.

I'm not looking to disparage, just genuinely trying to find out if Nagy is really as much a boon for ARob as people are describing or if the thought that he is makes ARob more of a sell.
Servo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 pm To keep piling on, Andy Reid called plays for the last two seasons and in December handed the reigns over to Nagy, and KC went 4-1 and averaged nearly 30 PPG. Yes, Nagy is an unknown and just like McVay at this time last year who knows if it will work but you have to respect CHI for taking the gamble.
Great point about the play calling, and in December Hill was a monster and had by far his best stretch of games, so maybe the lack of WR targets prior to that was all on Reid. That definitely makes me feel a little better about it.

Any reports yet on if Nagy will be calling the plays in Chicago?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm

No matter who is the HC or OC or play caller, it is the QBs decision who he targets at the end of the day, it isn't like Hill ran a lot of routes that garner a high target rate.. and from what I recall Maclin hasn't done much of anything for years now. Arob will be on the field, he will do his thing, and trubisky will get arob his share.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:13 pm

McVay was definitely well-known at this time last year. Nagy seems to have built a great staff for that sort of comparison, but Nagy is no McVay...let us bet on the staff.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2