Startup Team Feedback

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Startup Team Feedback

Postby Blueboy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Just about finished my first auction draft, and I'd love feedback on my team. There's still a waiver wire draft to be done that'll fill out roster space, but there aren't many pieces of note available. This is for a 36-team league, with 3 copies of each player. Teams can't own multiple copies of a player. Since it's an auction I can't link to draft results, but I'd be happy to post prices and other information if it'd be helpful. I sold my 2019 1st and Devy for an amount of money equivalent to what I spent on Jordan Howard; curious to hear what people think of that move.

It's team 1 in sig, The Guy Is Drunk. I'd love to hear what sort of moves the forum thinks I should be looking to make.

Tiered PPR (0.5 RB, 1.0 WR, 1.5 RB)
QB RB WR WR TE SupFLEX FLEX FLEX FLEX FLEX
QB: Rodgers, Ryan, Luck, McCown
RB: Howard, Abdullah, Darkwa, McGuire, F. Gore, Hill, Pumphrey
WR: AB, C. Davis, Tate, Decker, Maclin, Marshall, G. Allison, T. Boyd
TE: Gronk, O.J Howard, J. Thomas
2018- 1.01, 3.31
Devy- 13

**I figured this was a more appropriately posted here than the Auction forum, apologies if I'm wrong.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Startup Team Feedback

Postby pierson242 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Imo you killed this! Rodgers and Ryan are great starters and you landed Luck as a back up so bonus if he comes back to form!

You scored Howard cheap and still landed the 1.01

Not much depth behind Tate AB and Davis but getting Gronk at TE helps!

You definitely did a great job with this auction!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

bigheadmikele
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bigheadmikele » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 pm

I agree. Ya dun good. I think RB could stand to improve but should be a contender with room to compete going forward.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:12 am

I agree, this is a super great start. Yes, there are weaknesses, but it's nearly impossible to come out ahead everywhere in a startup draft, unless none of your opponents know what they're doing.

Your biggest concern looks like WR2 to me. I don't see an immediate solution, but with a little luck I bet you can patch it up on the fly with success. Also, if Luck returns to form you might look at trading him down for a lower tier QB1 plus a starting WR, or something like that. But don't force anything.