De'Angelo Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

De'Angelo Henderson

Postby raiders444 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:55 am

It's a shame he was so buried on the Broncos RB depth chart because he looked pretty good on that TD catch in week 17. Hoping Denver says goodbye to Charles and CJ to open up some touches for this kid!
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: De'Angelo Henderson

Postby Blueboy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm

I see him as more of a committee or backup role going forward, but that could easily change. With the way the Broncos offense collapsed down the stretch of this season, I've had trouble evaluating his talent.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:02 am

Henderson's probably JAG in an offense that's likely to remain garbage until Denver finally mans up and fires Elway, or at least demotes him from making draft selections for the offense. Of which Henderson is one. Dot dot dot.

Henderson's already 25, with no apparent near-term opportunity in the pipeline. Charles shouldn't be re-signed, but CJA is likely to remain considering he's basically the offense's best player at this point (lol @ rotoworld's assessment of CJA as 'ordinary' considering he earned the 7th best PFF grade at RB for 2017 edit - excuse me, 6th best), and Booker too considering he's still got two years left on his cheap rookie contract and is a decent passing-down RB if nothing else.

Henderson presently belongs on dynasty league waiver-wires. He won't even make Denver's roster next year if they take another RB in the draft and he doesn't show enough value on special-teams.

I don't hate Henderson, but he was a very old rookie that barely played and doesn't appear to have situation going for him. There are better lottery-tickets for the end of your bench in 12-team leagues.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

mnnightowl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mnnightowl » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:19 pm

The report about CJA possibly being cut has me intrigued. The door could be cracking open a bit more...

mclilj
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mclilj » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:55 am

I think booker is just flat out a better player. I'm sure many will disagree tho.
Team 1:
2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3RWT 0PPR 8Teams
QBs: Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky
RBs: Gurley, Cook, Lindsay, Henry, Lewis, Hyde, Murray
WRs: Hill, Cooper, ARobinson, Sutton, Fitzgerald, TSmith(NO), Parker, Cain
TEs: Kelce, Burton, Engram
Def: Rams
K:
2019 Picks 3, 4
2020 Picks: 3, 3, 4

Team 2:
2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2WRT 1PPR 8TEAMS
QBs: Mahomes, Wentz, Lock, Carr, Mariota
WRs: MThomas, DAdams, ACooper, OBJ, Kupp, RAnderson, Renfro, Shepherd, Agholor, JMeyers
RBs: Mixon, Henry, Drake, JK Dobbins, Akers, Howard, McKinnon, Hyde, Pollard, DThompson
TEs: Waller, Engram, Graham, Eifert
K: Zeurlein
2020 Picks: 1.06 (JK Dobbins) acquired 1.09 OTC (Akers) 14 overall, 17 overall
2021 Picks: 2nd, 3rd

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 am

mclilj wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:55 am I think booker is just flat out a better player. I'm sure many will disagree tho.
Booker has been demonstrably bad for two seasons now.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm

mclilj wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:55 am I think booker is just flat out a better player. I'm sure many will disagree tho.
All it takes is one injury though.

SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SteveVolk » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Booker looked good as the season wore on last year, but CJ is sorely underrated. I think he is judged for his injury history and the disappointment many owners feel in him rather than his performance, which has always been above average when his health is good. None of that is good for Henderson. I own one share of him and want to see how this shakes out—Elway probably leads the pack in terms of underrating Anderson—in a league with deep rosters. But I anticipate that he will be one of my cuts prior to the season.

mnnightowl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mnnightowl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 pm

SteveVolk wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:31 pm Booker looked good as the season wore on last year, but CJ is sorely underrated. I think he is judged for his injury history and the disappointment many owners feel in him rather than his performance, which has always been above average when his health is good. None of that is good for Henderson. I own one share of him and want to see how this shakes out—Elway probably leads the pack in terms of underrating Anderson—in a league with deep rosters. But I anticipate that he will be one of my cuts prior to the season.
Why is none of that good for Henderson? I see the above as irrelevant to Henderson. What's good for Henderson is he may have greater opportunity depending on how FA/draft plays out, and could be an injury away from a legit shot. What's bad for Henderson is he had fumbling issues last preseason and would need to be a good pass protector to make the most of his opportunity. My eyeballs say he has the right skillset.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:32 pm

So are we having it as a coincidence that all of Denver's backs have mysteriously looked bad? CJA is good. Too injury prone for me to want to roster him anymore, but he's a good back. Booker could be good too. It's just so hard to tell behind a crappy run blocking line on a team with weak QB play. The worry is that Denver suddenly have a lot of holes, so there's no real reason to expect the line to improve.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:20 pm

mnnightowl wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:19 pm The report about CJA possibly being cut has me intrigued. The door could be cracking open a bit more...
Remember that's just one reporter's unsupported opinion.
Every tape-grader, for example.
mnnightowl wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 pm My eyeballs say [Henderson] has the right skillset.
He had nine regular-season touches for your eyeballs to evaluate, and he was ineffective on eight of those plays.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

mnnightowl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mnnightowl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:43 am

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:20 pm
mnnightowl wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:19 pm The report about CJA possibly being cut has me intrigued. The door could be cracking open a bit more...
Remember that's just one reporter's unsupported opinion.
Every tape-grader, for example.
mnnightowl wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 pm My eyeballs say [Henderson] has the right skillset.
He had nine regular-season touches for your eyeballs to evaluate, and he was ineffective on eight of those plays.
My eyeballs also saw him in college and preseason, fyi. Why would anyone evaluate talent in on 9 carries? You may be wise not to do that, but to each his own.

df_sarc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby df_sarc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 am

"My eyeballs also saw him in college and preseason, fyi. Why would anyone evaluate talent in on 9 carries? You may be wise not to do that, but to each his own"

that's hilarious! People are often criticized for making judgments on small same sizes but I've never heard of someone getting written off on 9 touches before.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 am

You cannot write someone off after 9 touches, sure - but as a 2nd year 25yr old who was a late pick.. He needs to do a lot to endorse him.