so what actions will DLF take?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: so what actions will DLF take?

Postby thebeast » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 am

sesame street thugz wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:42 pm My view as someone who enjoys this site but rarely posts: I am not at all surprised that Coogan would be a lousy, untrustworthy commissioner or even a thief. What I am surprised by is that anyone who has read his posts since he joined this forum would join a league that he was the commissioner of. He all but told us all what kind of person he is with all of his posts and I think this site would be better if he stayed away.
X2, but I post a lot. Coogan PM'd me for this league and my first thought was I wouldn't even want to play in a league with that guy let alone join a league he was commissioning. I have no idea what would lead someone to want to be more involved with the guy. I will say Im surprised though, I didn't think the guy was a crook, I just thought he was an immature know it all who didn't value the opinions or ideas of others.

And I'm sorry I missed the initial post...

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 am

i would absolutely love from anyone to come up with a single solution as to how proof (beyond an entire league of people and respected posters having THE EXACT SAME STORY) could be provided?

So lets say its week 3 and you decide to trade your 2018 1st for Alfred Blue (league members will love that example) and Coogan says "hey you and your partner gotta pay for 2018 since you traded your pick" ok fine where do i pay? well 2017 season is already paid for a locked and LeagueSafe isnt up to the point of being able to create a 2018 NFL league...so whats the solution Coogan comes up with "oh you can paypal me and ill put the funds in when i am able to, or you can pay in leaguesafe into another league i have created (2017 NCAA which hasnt started but also hasnt locked so you can pay into it) and he says he will roll the funds into the 2018 league page once its set up and good to go.

So where is the proof this took place? hmmmm well all discussions took place in GroupMe which he was the sole owner of the group and deleted it promptly after the confrontation to have him hand over the league or leave. so no proof in writing.

Do i post where i paid into a made up league on leaguesafe? seems like awesome proof that i paid but not the he ran off with the money.

Seriously, anyone out there, explain how indisputable proof of theft could be provided...
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:05 am

Blue and Van Noy. GOATS!! Ross, it can't be. If everyone in the league who was active enough on GroupMe to notice what was happening were to verify, you would still have detractors. You'd think the fact that virtually every team moved on to our new league would suffice.
Last edited by GridironGuerilla on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:05 am Blue and Van Noy. GOATS!!

"Sends 10000 offers of Alfred Blue and Tyler Boyd for Ingram" How can you not love this deal you know Blue is gonna take over for Miller!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 am

That being said, I'm not worried about folks believing the accusations. The warning was put out there by pierson42, and everyone who had a chance to read it before it was deleted is aware.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:15 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 am That being said, I'm not worried about folks believing the accusations. The warning was put out there by pierson42, and everyone who had a chance to read it before it was deleted is aware.
I don't think it should've been full on deleted, maybe just locked, but it had over 2000 views, people saw it. It was never about being a baby, getting money back, or trying to get back at Coogan. It was a warning, nothing more. We all saw, Coogan saw it. I think he has enough shame to stay off of here for awhile, so we should be good!

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

I absolutely agree it shouldn't have been deleted. I guess the sarcasm regarding those who "who had a chance to read it before it was deleted is aware" didn't translate.

-Booger McFarlland

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 am ...well 2017 season is already paid for a locked and LeagueSafe isnt up to the point of being able to create a 2018 NFL league...so whats the solution Coogan comes up with "oh you can paypal me and ill put the funds in when i am able to, or you can pay in leaguesafe into another league i have created (2017 NCAA which hasnt started but also hasnt locked so you can pay into it) and he says he will roll the funds into the 2018 league page once its set up and good to go.
#1 the PayPal was Doc's idea and I refunded that back to him weeks ago as soon as he asked

#2 when people started wanting to jump ship after Pierson threw a fit (probably for getting bounced in the first round) they reached out to me and were refunded for trading away their future picks. What about the team's that traded away their future picks and pretty much gave up on the season? Should they get the deposits paid by the other teams since they are the ones getting kind of screwed out of this? Who hasn't been given a refund yet? I probably sent 4 within a day of all that drama at the end

#3 the deposits were $35 a person, why would I care about $140ish? It's just not worth it, I already have plenty of money and am very, very comfortable financially. There is like $72 in the 2018 LeagueSafe account that got rolled over, not $8,273.

#4 yes the bylaws were kind of thrown together from 2 different sets of them. Yes GG helped me get all that going, he probably helped co-commish the league until around week 8 when he became too busy for all of it, just like I did soon after. At that point we formed a "committee" approach to dunning the league which helped a little, but the never ending complaining by a couple still didn't stop.

#5 I love the pitch forks immediately coming out before the facts or my side of the story was brought up, but obviously it's more fun to have a witch hunt fueled by a handful of people on here that I don't get along with. I wonder what their deal has always been, haters for some reason? Kind of flattering...

#6 funny Pierson is the one pointing fingers, who else let him join their leagues last year and got the "I know I'm already in the league and making moves, but I can't pay because I have too many leagues now...", but yet he joined the co league a week later and paid immediately.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:38 am

I find it hilarious that some of you are this bored and keeping this going, especially those that had no part of the whole thing.

Now excuse me, I have to go back to spending my day watching what my Bitcoin (that I bought with the "money I stole") is doing on the market.
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:50 am

Following up on a few more thoughts...

This forum is a community. Like any community, there are going to be well liked people, not so well liked people, folks who show great kindness and generosity, and folks who take advantage of others. There will be rules and decisions which some agree with and others do not. We've learned long ago, we are never going to please everyone, all we can do is do our best and always try to do the right thing. Sometimes, doing the right thing from a big picture perspective may have the appearance of supporting or endorsing bad actors. That is absolutely not the case. We do not condone poor behavior inside or outside these walls. We can only really know with any certainty about actions occurring inside these walls. We absolutely will take action on unacceptable behavior which occurs within this community. We are not going to take actions within this community based upon accusations - no matter how convincing they may be - of actions taken outside this community. It's simply not our jurisdiction. If someone behaves poorly here in this community, the mechanisms are in place to address that behavior. I'd encourage everyone to use those mechanisms.

Regarding proposed changes to PM policy or functionality. We will not be making any changes there. One, a policy of "Don't Recruit Through PM's" would not only be very difficult and time consuming to enforce, it would adversely affect the vast majority of people who use PM's to form and fill leagues in a perfectly legitimate manner. Two, we are not going to entirely disable PM's for those very same reasons.

We have a long history of providing pretty wide guard rails for this community. We prefer to manage with a light touch. Moving forward, we will be a little lighter with our touch on threads and posts. This approach may someday benefit any one of you, should some up-swell of negative sentiment take aim at your presence. There is nothing we are doing here that is done specifically for the user in question that we would not do for every single one of you.

The tenor of this community is driven far more by the engagement, wisdom and passion of the vast majority of good actors, and far less by the tremors caused by the occasional bad actor. Just be the good in the community. All will be well.

Thanks

KM

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:55 am

Coogan Football wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 am ...well 2017 season is already paid for a locked and LeagueSafe isnt up to the point of being able to create a 2018 NFL league...so whats the solution Coogan comes up with "oh you can paypal me and ill put the funds in when i am able to, or you can pay in leaguesafe into another league i have created (2017 NCAA which hasnt started but also hasnt locked so you can pay into it) and he says he will roll the funds into the 2018 league page once its set up and good to go.
#1 the PayPal was Doc's idea and I refunded that back to him weeks ago as soon as he asked

#2 when people started wanting to jump ship after Pierson threw a fit (probably for getting bounced in the first round) they reached out to me and were refunded for trading away their future picks. What about the team's that traded away their future picks and pretty much gave up on the season? Should they get the deposits paid by the other teams since they are the ones getting kind of screwed out of this? Who hasn't been given a refund yet? I probably sent 4 within a day of all that drama at the end

#3 the deposits were $35 a person, why would I care about $140ish? It's just not worth it, I already have plenty of money and am very, very comfortable financially. There is like $72 in the 2018 LeagueSafe account that got rolled over, not $8,273.

#4 yes the bylaws were kind of thrown together from 2 different sets of them. Yes GG helped me get all that going, he probably helped co-commish the league until around week 8 when he became too busy for all of it, just like I did soon after. At that point we formed a "committee" approach to dunning the league which helped a little, but the never ending complaining by a couple still didn't stop.

#5 I love the pitch forks immediately coming out before the facts or my side of the story was brought up, but obviously it's more fun to have a witch hunt fueled by a handful of people on here that I don't get along with. I wonder what their deal has always been, haters for some reason? Kind of flattering...

#6 funny Pierson is the one pointing fingers, who else let him join their leagues last year and got the "I know I'm already in the league and making moves, but I can't pay because I have too many leagues now...", but yet he joined the co league a week later and paid immediately.

So you just admitted to giving money back to some but not all? Stealing!

Also why do we have to bring my personal health issues into this. Yea I did quit some leagues last year due to diabetes, not money???? Money had nothing to do with it?? Not sure why we have to bring my health into this lol

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:57 am

Lol love how Coogan still has no defense to why he cheated and kept the money even though he cleared all the rosters on mfl and kicked everyone out!

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am

Pierson, lets just keep truckin'. I'm over all of this. It's going nowhere and at this point we are beating a dead horse.
Last edited by GridironGuerilla on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Booger McFarlland

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:02 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am Pierson, lets just keep truckin'. I'm over all of this.
Sounds good! Me too man! Let’s get the wrestling theme settle for the co league and kiss these threads goodbye lol

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 am

pierson242 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:57 am Lol love how Coogan still has no defense to why he cheated and kept the money even though he cleared all the rosters on mfl and kicked everyone out!
The league is duplicated on another URL, I cleaned that one out so I would be harder for you and your boyfriend Caveman to get access to anything once you decided to quit.

And you never answered my question about the people that traded away players for future picks? What about the teams that planned for the future and gave up assets, they just lose out? You guys are the ones that decided to leave on your own. I have had LeagueSafe issue a refund to a handful of teams that dropped out after you guys started your mutiny and nobody else has reached out to me in weeks, who else is claiming to be "stolen from"??

Also, as I already stated, there is a little money in the 2018 LeagueSafe account (pretty sure thats my cut/refund for sending GG money via PayPal to pay for the graphics anyways because he paid Mark with his own debit card ($104?), it's not like I just cashed it all out.
Last edited by Coogan Football on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat