Blockbuster trade - Rodgers/Cooks 4 Cooper+1st's

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Blockbuster trade - Rodgers/Cooks 4 Cooper+1st's

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:57 am

Well, I just did this trade last night. I was trying to move Brady for far less. But, a Packers fan wanted Rodgers and I pulled this together. One owner in my league has said it was way in my favor. I'm not so sure I see it that way due to the success Rodgers has had.

In our league scoring Rodgers was the #1 QB last year with 357 points and outscored the #5 QB by 112 points! He outscored the #2 QB by 47 points! He just turned 34 this December, so I get the age thing. But, there's no reason to suggest that he won't be the top scoring QB for the next 4-5 years. His season last year would have tied Gurley in our league this year as the top scoring player.

Anyway, the Packers fan wanted him and had some 1st round picks in our 16 team league to make it look worth it to me to do.

I'd like to know if you would have done this trade in my shoes based on the players I have on my roster below. Keep in mind that I'm a huge Rodgers fan and I wasn't planning on trading him at all.

I gave Rodgers + Brandin Cooks and got Amari Cooper, Keelan Cole, 1.5, 1.8, a 1st and 2nd next year from a middle of the pack team.

Thoughts?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Blockbuster trade - Rodgers/Cooks 4 Cooper+1st's

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 am

I like it, esp. because your team isnt getting any younger, and these picks are pretty valuable in a 16 team IMO... Maybe try to trade up to the 1.01 and pick some WRs later on
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Blockbuster trade - Rodgers/Cooks 4 Cooper+1st's

Postby Goddard » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:08 pm

I think you did well. Cooks and Cooper are a wash right now, so getting 3 1sts and a 2nd for Rodgers seems like great value.