Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Bridgewater

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater...?

The injury put him out for almost two years, but he is apparently healthy enough to play now.

Now...with Minnesota’s glutinous QB situation...even though some are FAs...where does Teddy fall in? Does Minnesota retain him? Do they plan on starting him next season? Do they let him walk...and perhaps he get a starting gig somewhere else (Arizona perhaps?)? Or does he just stick around as a backup in purple and yellow?

This doesn’t really matter in a 1QB league...but for those superflex/2QB leagues that have him stashed (such as myself)...he is worth a roster spot.

Just curious as to what other think of him.

User avatar
skip
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 18733
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby skip » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:40 pm

If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby Raymond1974 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 pm

slaughterrt wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:23 pm
Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater...?

The injury put him out for almost two years, but he is apparently healthy enough to play now.

Now...with Minnesota’s glutinous QB situation...even though some are FAs...where does Teddy fall in? Does Minnesota retain him? Do they plan on starting him next season? Do they let him walk...and perhaps he get a starting gig somewhere else (Arizona perhaps?)? Or does he just stick around as a backup in purple and yellow?

This doesn’t really matter in a 1QB league...but for those superflex/2QB leagues that have him stashed (such as myself)...he is worth a roster spot.

Just curious as to what other think of him.
I have him stashed as well. I think he's worth holding just to see how things work out in Minnesota.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5084
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 pm

Sounds like Shurmur is in pretty high demand to take a head coaching job somewhere. Probably not a good thing for whichever QB ends up in Minnesota next year. I hate Shurmur's offense, but it's been extremely effective this season.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

User avatar
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Shurmur takes the HC job in Arizona and takes Teddy with him.

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: Bridgewater

Postby Friction » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Keenum becomes Cassel 2.0, Teddy goes to AZ as stated above and Shaun Hill is the Queens starter after their SB run this year. The curse continues, though Atlanta bucked the trend a little.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:27 pm

slaughterrt wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:15 pm
Shurmur takes the HC job in Arizona and takes Teddy with him.
Dang, I like this stab.

Kinda how I think Eli end up in Jax with Coughlin.

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3383
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 pm
Sounds like Shurmur is in pretty high demand to take a head coaching job somewhere. Probably not a good thing for whichever QB ends up in Minnesota next year. I hate Shurmur's offense, but it's been extremely effective this season.
Funny. You hate his offense, but it's effective. What don't you like about it?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

User avatar
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Bridgewater

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 am

You would need a crystal ball to figure out what MN will do with its QBs this offseason

Option 1 (what I want to see as a Vikings fan)- They keep Case as their starter, sign Teddy (affordably) as the backup with upside, and release Bradford who is basically just an injury prone version of Case

Option 2- Teddy sings somewhere as a starter, the Cardinals is as good a guess as anywhere, Vikings hold Case and Bradford

Option 3- Vikings let both Bradford and Teddy walk, draft a 2nd or 3rd round QB to back up Case

4- Vikings stupidly trade Case thinking its a sell high time on him and roll with Teddy

And it will probably end up being something I don't have listed here
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2019: 5th place :wall:
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram,Devonta Freeman, Hyde
WR: Hopkins, Mike Evans, Juju Smith Jarvis Landry, T Boyd, G Tate, D Slayton, B Perriman, T Williams, A Miller, AB clown
TE: George Kittle, Rudolph, V McDonald, Jarwin
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Titans, Jax Siebert CLE
Taxi- D Henderson, A Mattison, B Snell
picks- 2020 1.03 2021- 1,2,4,5

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
Threepeat Champs 8-)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Haskins
RB: CMC, D Cook, Kamara, D Henry, T Cohen, P Barber, M Brown, R Armstead,
WR:Hopkins, Diggs, Golloday, Arob, Edelman, M Williams, Fuller, Perriman, Westbrook, Hurns, Lazard, Dorsett, Higgins,
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Dissly, Akins
picks- 2020- 0 2021- 3,4,5

User avatar
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Bridgewater

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:50 am

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 pm
ericanadian wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 pm
Sounds like Shurmur is in pretty high demand to take a head coaching job somewhere. Probably not a good thing for whichever QB ends up in Minnesota next year. I hate Shurmur's offense, but it's been extremely effective this season.
Funny. You hate his offense, but it's effective. What don't you like about it?
Probably because it's not flashy or producing big numbers (fantasy or NFL). Vikings offense is the simply 'Don't make any mistakes, no turnovers, score 17ish points a game, and let your defense do the work'

Shurmer with that defense, has no problem ever punting the ball because he knows they'll probably get it back in 3-6 plays with comparable field position and a fresh set of downs
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2019: 5th place :wall:
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram,Devonta Freeman, Hyde
WR: Hopkins, Mike Evans, Juju Smith Jarvis Landry, T Boyd, G Tate, D Slayton, B Perriman, T Williams, A Miller, AB clown
TE: George Kittle, Rudolph, V McDonald, Jarwin
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Titans, Jax Siebert CLE
Taxi- D Henderson, A Mattison, B Snell
picks- 2020 1.03 2021- 1,2,4,5

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
Threepeat Champs 8-)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Haskins
RB: CMC, D Cook, Kamara, D Henry, T Cohen, P Barber, M Brown, R Armstead,
WR:Hopkins, Diggs, Golloday, Arob, Edelman, M Williams, Fuller, Perriman, Westbrook, Hurns, Lazard, Dorsett, Higgins,
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Dissly, Akins
picks- 2020- 0 2021- 3,4,5

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3383
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:21 am

hockeyBjj wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:50 am
Pac_Eddy wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 pm
ericanadian wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 pm
Sounds like Shurmur is in pretty high demand to take a head coaching job somewhere. Probably not a good thing for whichever QB ends up in Minnesota next year. I hate Shurmur's offense, but it's been extremely effective this season.
Funny. You hate his offense, but it's effective. What don't you like about it?
Probably because it's not flashy or producing big numbers (fantasy or NFL). Vikings offense is the simply 'Don't make any mistakes, no turnovers, score 17ish points a game, and let your defense do the work'

Shurmer with that defense, has no problem ever punting the ball because he knows they'll probably get it back in 3-6 plays with comparable field position and a fresh set of downs
That's an accurate description of the current team and I get your view. But it doesn't mean they can't put their foot on the gas if they need to, or if he has a QB with a better deep ball.

What I do like about it is the creativity. They're excellent on third downs & red zone at getting playmakers open. They've been fantastic on third downs & in the red zone.

But you're right. I guarantee one of the top goals right now is to not turn the ball over at the expense of big plays.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6469
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby JFever » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 am

Hoc,
"Probably because it's not flashy or producing big numbers (fantasy or NFL). Vikings offense is the simply 'Don't make any mistakes, no turnovers, score 17ish points a game, and let your defense do the work'"

that statement makes it seem that you haven't watched too many Vikings games. 17 points a game... hmmm. No big numbers? fantasy or NFL ? huh? :wtf:

Are you serious?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

User avatar
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4953
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:11 am

Re: Bridgewater

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:00 pm

scaredy cat ball usually won't win a super bowl after watching the cowher years that became very apparent . Vikes defense is terrific but if they get down 10 its time to start the team bus and book a tee time. I have heard no one mention it but vikes went 3-2 vs playoff teams and 1 win was against saints before they got cooking. I think there is a distinct possibility they are way over rated and keenum wilts in the bright lights . If philly loses in 2nd round and vikes host their chances go way up but I would not be thrilled backing CK on the road .
Teddy or bradford neither are serious options as super bowl winning type qbs for various reasons . I could see vikes go in a complete different direction at qb with a play off melt down.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6469
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby JFever » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Didn't the vikings offense finish the reg season as a top 9-10 offense in the league? I think between McKinnon and Murray they rushed for 1400-1500 yds. D.Cook was off to a great start as well . If I recall, vikes had a wr in the top 5. I also think their TE was top 5... I'd dare to say they had multiple offensively relevent offensive players for fantasy purposes. That is a much more prolific offense than the previous posters are eluding to. Simple as that. I'll add that if C.Keenum had any other "name", the doubters would have a different take. Sad. His play should have squashed those opinions. Reminds me of how probowlers are named due to name recognition rather than their performance. Smh.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6469
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Bridgewater

Postby JFever » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:21 pm

I don't believe the Vikings play scared at all. I frankly find that take to be silly. It's Again as if the actual games werent watched. 3-2 vs playoff teams. Yes. Are we going to downplay their win vs LA Rams and Atlanta as well? Howd Vikings offense fo vs those teams? They played NO early n beat them and that can be looked past because NO improved since then. Hmm kay. They played Pit n lost at their place... Look at details of that loss. That game absolutely should have been won vs the Steelers. They lost at Carolina. Two long runs accounted for 120 yds. Kinda out of character and fluky for that def don't ya think? Unreal. Fun for some to spin stats. Defense and overall team strength / balance plus coaching wins championships.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests