2018 Rookie QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

2018 Rookie QBs

Postby Servo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:48 pm

I wanted to start this thread about Josh Rosen but any other QB thoughts welcome:

- Word that Rosen would prefer to play in NYG
- "UCLA QB Josh Rosen on getting drafted by certain teams, if he comes out this year: “I’d rather be a lower pick at the right team than a higher at the wrong team.”"

I honestly would applaud Rosen saying, "shove off" to Cleveland if it actually came to it. Your career is going to be tied to Haslam and Hue Jackson (albeit probably not for long)...I know how some would run the kid through a buzzsaw if it came to fruition but I personally wouldn't see an issue with someone calling out bad ownership/coaching and not wanting to play for them.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2018 Rookie QBs

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:54 pm

https://www.nhl.com/news/eric-lindros-w ... -281006206

Eric Lindros held the team that drafted him hostage until he got moved.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Wouldn’t blame anyone for refusing to play for the Browns. Run a better franchise and people will come play for you, simple as that.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:26 am

I personally think browns would be a good spot for a (talented) QB to land. I also think he can suck it up and play for who drafts him like every other damn player. I hope browns make Giants pay for him, if both Giants and Rosen want that to happen.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:09 am

AussieMate wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:26 am I personally think browns would be a good spot for a (talented) QB to land. I also think he can suck it up and play for who drafts him like every other damn player. I hope browns make Giants pay for him, if both Giants and Rosen want that to happen.
Agreed, probably best to get deal done before draft if they have a backup plan instead of Rosen.Risk is someone sneaking up in between to snag the player the Brownies want. That's if the Giants don't end up with the 2nd pick

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:08 am

Didn't Eli Manning refuse to play with the Chargers when he was drafted? The problem with the Browns is that they don't try to develop any QBs. They just have a revolving door of QBs that they are ready to push out the moment it doesn't work out. But maybe they just haven't had a talented QB either. But until the Browns actually show otherwise, I'd refuse to play for them too.
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 am

Keeping Hue Jackson to me, isn't the answer. It's impressive that you can't put your team in a position to win one or two weeks a year.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:19 am

AussieMate wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:26 am I personally think browns would be a good spot for a (talented) QB to land. I also think he can suck it up and play for who drafts him like every other damn player. I hope browns make Giants pay for him, if both Giants and Rosen want that to happen.
the kid isn't peyton or andrew luck , if I am the giants I wouldn't even make an offer why bother . If kid is vocal about not playing for the browns they would be stupid (which I know I know cannot be ruled out) to draft him and have him be miserable . If the browns do draft him I think price would be cheaper after rather than before the draft which is a win and the bigger win is the kid gets through to the browns front office who shy away and you get the kid at your pick and not a bunch of other draft capital or assets . Or 1 final option offer eli apple if they really are tired of him and the 1:2 to move up a spot . That would be my final pre draft offer .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:23 am

Darnold comes out and says he would love to play for any team....lol

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:11 pm

I don't blame Rosen at all. He was able to witness what Fisher did to Goff locally in LA as the most recent example what of an inept coaching staff/front office can do to a young QB. If Fisher was still the Rams coach, Goff would be seen as a huge bust and on his way to career backup shortly. When is the last time Cleveland actually developed a QB properly? The idea that he should just go play for Cleveland ignores the possibility that Cleveland could realistically ruin his potential career.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:30 pm

I commented elsewhere on Rosen so saying too much here would be duplication. Elway was a tool, Eli is a tool...clearly Rosen wants top be viewed the same way. Seeing as he wants to start his career by being a disrespectful little punk, I'd just as well let someone else have him.

This whole idea about Cleveland not able to develop QBs isn't completely accurate. The problem there has always been that they refuse to take the top QB prospect in the class by either passing over them or trading away their opportunity. You can't just take any QB and make them successful. You have to start with a very talented player to begin with. The last time Cleveland took one of those it was Bernie Kosar and they got him in the supplemental draft 30+ years ago. They've blown their chances each of the last two years with Wentz (trading out) and Trubisky (not trading in). Odds are they mess this up again.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:01 pm

skip wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:30 pm I commented elsewhere on Rosen so saying too much here would be duplication. Elway was a tool, Eli is a tool...clearly Rosen wants top be viewed the same way. Seeing as he wants to start his career by being a disrespectful little punk, I'd just as well let someone else have him.

This whole idea about Cleveland not able to develop QBs isn't completely accurate. The problem there has always been that they refuse to take the top QB prospect in the class by either passing over them or trading away their opportunity. You can't just take any QB and make them successful. You have to start with a very talented player to begin with. The last time Cleveland took one of those it was Bernie Kosar and they got him in the supplemental draft 30+ years ago. They've blown their chances each of the last two years with Wentz (trading out) and Trubisky (not trading in). Odds are they mess this up again.
He is a disrespectful little punk because he does not want to go to a franchise that has been dysfunctional since before he was born? Interesting...haha

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:07 pm

I have no issues with what Rosen said. I actually think it's a pretty smart move, and the more I hear him speak, the more I'm convinced he's actually a bright kid. I went from thinking he was an entitled brat after his freshman year, to thinking he can be a pretty good QB in the pros. I still think Darnold has a better career and will be more durable, but I wouldn't mind having Rosen on any of my teams.

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:11 pm

How would you rank the 2018 QB Class?
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:18 pm

dm1129 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:01 pm He is a disrespectful little punk because he does not want to go to a franchise that has been dysfunctional since before he was born? Interesting...haha
I'd liken it to the new "hot shot" employee who thinks he's better than his co-workers or the company he works for. No one likes that guy and it's absolutely disrespectful.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think his statements have been specific (i.e. not wanting to play in Cleveland) but just generally trying to basically tell the worst teams in the league not to draft him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.