Commish changed my score

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Commish changed my score

Postby skip » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:11 am

Hessy1225 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 am I'm strongly considering not paying for the league jyst because of the disorganization. This league has been a headache all year and I wish I was never part of it.
You weren't required to pay in advance?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:38 am

We had this issue pop up in our redraft league with a similar situation

Rule agreed on at draft was any players drafted before 4th round couldn't be traded after week 8 (deadline is 11 for others) - prevented studs from being shifted around to help other teams - bs I know.

Team A got Julio/Ingram
Team B got Hunt/Fitz
Team C got screwed

Looking at the point difference the Team A won 1 additional game because of it, giving him the 1 seed rather than 2 seed. Team B was 3 seed either way, but would have lost to the team A if they would have played. And Team C would have been 1 seed and would have won first round putting him in the championship game - at best he lost $70, at worst he could end up losing around $200 because of it

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:41 am

1. Sounds like OP is in the wrong if the note was posted prior to week 1.
2. Sounds like the commissioner is not good at managing the league though.
3. I would think by taking the points away, he would replace them with whoever your starter would've been instead?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:46 am

Hessy1225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 pm In here to get commissioners' nonbiased opinion on this. So for those of you familiar with ESPN, our commissioner posted a League Manager's note at the start of the playoffs stating seedings etc... Well, also in the note he said rosters will lock and add/drops will not be allowed. I don't know about most owners, but I'm under the assumption that most people don't look for these notes and, as I do myself, focus on their roster page and free agent page. Anyway, I (along with 2 other owners) made transactions throughout the playoffs. The other two owners never started any of the players so in his mind, only i should be penalized. Keep in mind that i did not see his post until this morning. It is of my opinion that waivers should have been disabled, in order to prevent this exact thing from happening. So I am in the semis and pick up Dede Westbrook and start him. I end up winning and log in this morning to see that it says I have lost. I look at the league activity and see the commish made changes to the schedule and removed the 2.1 points I had from westbrook. So here's where I'm at:

1. It is the commish's fault this happened.
2. How do I take a 0 from an "ineligible player"?
3. The commish had 3 days to correct my (and 2 other's) mistakes and didn't
4. If anything I should get a bench WR score substituted in for the error as I had Algholor in prior to adding dede, or at least get the average score if my bench WR.
5. How does he do this with no communication whatsoever?
6. Should the commish not be responsible for making sure everyone is aware of the rules and make sure they are abided by?

Am I being unreasonable or do i have the right to be upset
I agree with you that add/drops should have been disabled. If you were able to make add/drops, they should stand. You absolutely have the right to be upset. You weren't the only person that did it, so it obviously wasn't clearly conveyed.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:52 am

briank wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:46 am I agree with you that add/drops should have been disabled. If you were able to make add/drops, they should stand. You absolutely have the right to be upset. You weren't the only person that did it, so it obviously wasn't clearly conveyed.
A couple people in here noted that ESPN does not support it being disabled like that. I'm not familiar with the commissioner end of ESPN to weigh in on whether or not that is accurate.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Hessy1225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Hessy1225 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:47 pm

sloth8u wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:09 am Is this dynasty or redraft?

Did he remove dede from your team and the other claims from the other 2 teams? Simply take him out of your lineup?
Redraft, he didn't remove him from my team, just took the points away for the week.

Hessy1225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Hessy1225 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:48 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:41 am 1. Sounds like OP is in the wrong if the note was posted prior to week 1.
3. I would think by taking the points away, he would replace them with whoever your starter would've been instead?
The note was posted week 14, not week 1.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Hessy1225 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:48 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:41 am 1. Sounds like OP is in the wrong if the note was posted prior to week 1.
The note was posted week 14, not week 1.
Sorry, but same deal. OP is in the wrong, but the commish is not very on top of things.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:55 pm

skip wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:52 am
briank wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:46 am I agree with you that add/drops should have been disabled. If you were able to make add/drops, they should stand. You absolutely have the right to be upset. You weren't the only person that did it, so it obviously wasn't clearly conveyed.
A couple people in here noted that ESPN does not support it being disabled like that. I'm not familiar with the commissioner end of ESPN to weigh in on whether or not that is accurate.
I'm not either. If that's a rule that the league wants, find a new platform. You can't expect everyone to abide by a rule that the platform allows by putting it in a note days before the playoffs start.
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

RB Harris/Etienne
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 pm

That is a league I would not want to play in anymore. Stupid rules, bad commissioning.
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

RB Harris/Etienne
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Guess this is the week for posts complaining about league rules. Ideally the commish would be more on top of things and communicate more clearly but it sounds like he did at least the bare minimum and posted the waiver rule.

Unfortunately impacts your team but I think if your opponent had won with an illegal transaction you'd have made sure the commish was aware to get that result changed. Or at least be okay with it happening.

The better organized a commissioner is, the better the league has typically been. It sounds like you may want to find a better league for yourself.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 pm

I am a commissioner of a league on ESPN. Every owner gets a budget of $250 to start the year. We have continuous waivers and each transaction costs a minimum of a $1. We turn off waivers the Wednesday after the championship until the rookie/FA draft. The way I turn them off is to just set everyone's budget to 0. It effectively makes it so no one can make any moves whatsoever. This would work if the commish wanted to set a hard deadline before the playoffs too. Although, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want waivers open during the playoffs too.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:47 am

Kramer wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 pm I am a commissioner of a league on ESPN. Every owner gets a budget of $250 to start the year. We have continuous waivers and each transaction costs a minimum of a $1. We turn off waivers the Wednesday after the championship until the rookie/FA draft. The way I turn them off is to just set everyone's budget to 0. It effectively makes it so no one can make any moves whatsoever. This would work if the commish wanted to set a hard deadline before the playoffs too. Although, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want waivers open during the playoffs too.
In case a kicker gets IR'd? As most people wouldn't advocate holding multiple kickers in redraft or dynasty.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:57 am

stoneghost28 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:33 pm Disagree, it's clear rules are vague, and have not clearly been stated. You don't suddenly plug in "no add drops for playoffs," a couple of days before week one. You don't create ex-post facto rules governing scoring in a league to allow you to switch from the standard, which is PPR, to the 1990's system of "standard" scoring after a freaking draft.

It's clear the rules in this league are only understood by the long time players in the league based upon the information the OP has stated. It's the responsibility of a commish to bring clarity to these kinds of situations, instead he's made them more confusing, and consistently addressed issues either after the fact, or too late to be sure that everyone would understood, in which case it's his or hers responsibility to make sure everyone's on the same page, which the commish clearly did not do.

He's a terrible, vindictive, half-wit of a commish, and should've known better than to take the job considering the liabilities he brings to it. I'm not a commish in any of my leagues for a very good reason. I'd suck at it. I've got an 18 month old, I teach, and I hate those kinds of gigs on top of it. My leagues are all the better for my absence from such a role. The simple fact that he's unavailable and difficult to reach should have made him being a commish a non-starter. The commish has to be available. That's the whole point of the job, organization, clarity, and availability for issues to be addressed in a fair minded system. None of these things are happening.

As other's have posted. RUN, don't walk, away from this league. In truth, as others have said, you should have bailed after he informed you that your entire draft approach was null and void because he'd neglected to inform you that they play by 1990's era standard scoring rules. It's too bad you didn't. But all the same, I'm not sympathetic to the commish and I don't understand why other people are: read the subtext here: he doesn't inform new owners of the scoring rules until after, he expects all owners to read a note on a page few people ever check, instead of doing that, and sending a direct email/text message to confirm that owners actually know what's going on. Everything is done in a slapdash, half-arsed fashion because he's clearly a disorganized person, and instead of owning his mistakes, he punishes others for them. It's absurd.

Leave the league post-haste. Most leagues don't have commissioners this incompetent and vindictive.
This guy nailed it.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:08 am

Hessy1225 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:47 pm
sloth8u wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:09 am Is this dynasty or redraft?

Did he remove dede from your team and the other claims from the other 2 teams? Simply take him out of your lineup?
Redraft, he didn't remove him from my team, just took the points away for the week.
id think this is something that you could take to him and say......hey, its my 1st year..you told me it was ppr when it was standard, i certainly would have drafted differently. now i miss the message board and you dont even catch it until after the fact (after the week was over).. you had no idea of any violation, because your commish didnt keep up with his job... gimme a break here, give my 2 pts back...and lets move on. if he is allowing you and the other 2 to roster those players going into this weeks games....he isnt following his own rule. makes no sense to penalize you by docking any points from a player that he has allowed on your team right now.