Commish changed my score

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hessy1225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Commish changed my score

Postby Hessy1225 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 pm

In here to get commissioners' nonbiased opinion on this. So for those of you familiar with ESPN, our commissioner posted a League Manager's note at the start of the playoffs stating seedings etc... Well, also in the note he said rosters will lock and add/drops will not be allowed. I don't know about most owners, but I'm under the assumption that most people don't look for these notes and, as I do myself, focus on their roster page and free agent page. Anyway, I (along with 2 other owners) made transactions throughout the playoffs. The other two owners never started any of the players so in his mind, only i should be penalized. Keep in mind that i did not see his post until this morning. It is of my opinion that waivers should have been disabled, in order to prevent this exact thing from happening. So I am in the semis and pick up Dede Westbrook and start him. I end up winning and log in this morning to see that it says I have lost. I look at the league activity and see the commish made changes to the schedule and removed the 2.1 points I had from westbrook. So here's where I'm at:

1. It is the commish's fault this happened.
2. How do I take a 0 from an "ineligible player"?
3. The commish had 3 days to correct my (and 2 other's) mistakes and didn't
4. If anything I should get a bench WR score substituted in for the error as I had Algholor in prior to adding dede, or at least get the average score if my bench WR.
5. How does he do this with no communication whatsoever?
6. Should the commish not be responsible for making sure everyone is aware of the rules and make sure they are abided by?

Am I being unreasonable or do i have the right to be upset

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Re: Commish changed my score

Postby dark_knite03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 pm

I believe you should get the lowest scoring player from your bench at the position in question put on your lineup. This should apply for all owners that did this regardless of good it changes the outcome.

Do you not have written rules or you playing on the fly. Personally I don't like to see things change after week 1.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Hessy1225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Hessy1225 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm

This is my 1st year in the league and this commish is unorganized. Rarely has access to his phone so can't communicate. Told me to review rules before the draft and he had PPR scoring on and switched the rules to standard AFTER I drafted based on PPR and said "we have always been a standard league"

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Total garbage. I’d be furious.

For one, it’s dumb to not allow transactions during the playoffs. Weekly adds/drops is a massive part of fantasy football. Perhaps more so in redraft, but still...not allowing you the ability to pick up a player you might need for the biggest game of your season?? Makes zero sense.

And two, part of his job is communicating with the league and making sure everyone knows the rules, even if they are arbitrary and dumb.

I’d fight this. My two cents.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

Hessy1225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Hessy1225 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:43 pm

darkadun wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 pm Total garbage. I’d be furious.

For one, it’s dumb to not allow transactions during the playoffs. Weekly adds/drops is a massive part of fantasy football. Perhaps more so in redraft, but still...not allowing you the ability to pick up a player you might need for the biggest game of your season?? Makes zero sense.

And two, part of his job is communicating with the league and making sure everyone knows the rules, even if they are arbitrary and dumb.

I’d fight this. My two cents.
Believe me, I am furious. The worst part is he just went in and changed my score with no explanation. I had to hear from a leaguemate why my score was docked.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:43 pm

Do you have Bylaws? Is this stated anywhere that implies you should of known beforehand and his note was just a reminder? Seems weird for this type of rule to just pop up and I feel like something is missing. If it was net new out of the blue, I agree a courtesy reminder or notification should have been provided rather than assumed seen (i am not familiar with ESPN and how visible the original message was). That’s poor league management by the Commish. If it was stated previously, and this was a reminder, I think the onus is on the league member to know and follow the rules outlined, not the Commish to babysit. That said, ideally the FA pool is locked all together...and I’m not sure why you’d have this rule if you don’t have a league site that supports it. Seems poorly planned and a bad rule anyway.

In terms of how it was enforced, if you weren’t eligible to start the player you did, I agree it should be zero. By nature of the error you get penalized with a zero. You shouldnt get to choose the bench replacement of your choice, or even the lowest viable replacement.

Overall, I don’t like the rule, that it wasn’t site restricted, but a lot depends on what reasonable level of notification was provided to understand if ownership is on the owner or not. Tough to say from the outside. If it was indeed last minute, it does seem like poor league management by the Commish, as no owner would knowingly start an ineligible player...

Hessy1225
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Hessy1225 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:48 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:43 pm Do you have Bylaws? Is this stated anywhere that implies you should of known beforehand and his note was just a reminder? Seems weird for this type of rule to just pop up and I feel like something is missing. If it was net new out of the blue, I agree a courtesy reminder or notification should have been provided rather than assumed seen (i am not familiar with ESPN and how visible the original message was). That’s poor league management by the Commish. If it was stated previously, and this was a reminder, I think the onus is on the league member to know and follow the rules outlined, not the Commish to babysit. That said, ideally the FA pool is locked all together...and I’m not sure why you’d have this rule if you don’t have a league site that supports it. Seems poorly planned and a bad rule anyway.

In terms of how it was enforced, if you weren’t eligible to start the player you did, I agree it should be zero. By nature of the error you get penalized with a zero. You shouldnt get to choose the bench replacement of your choice, or even the lowest viable replacement.

Overall, I don’t like the rule, that it wasn’t site restricted, but a lot depends on what reasonable level of notification was provided to understand if ownership is on the owner or not. Tough to say from the outside. If it was indeed last minute, it does seem like poor league management by the Commish, as no owner would knowingly start an ineligible player...
I am the only new player in the league and we have no bylaws, apparently all these guys just go with "How it's always been done." None if this was relayed to me when I joined, or I probably would not have joined. Who disables waivers in the playoffs? Any his post consisted of one sentence consisting of, "you will not be able to add/drop during the playoffs" in which was followed by 3 teams adding and dropping in the playoffs

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Sounds like you found a bad league. Poorly run, poor rules (with lack of system enforcement), lack of written rules to ensure consistent awareness and enforcement, and I’m sure the list goes on. If you’re the lone new guy with nothing previously outlined in rules, you can plead ignorance and see what it does...given no one knowingly starts an ineligible player (or take a more aggressive approach, but not ideal for a ‘friends’ League)...but ultimately I think this is a league to disband from. Lots of much better options available.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Hessy1225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm This is my 1st year in the league and this commish is unorganized. Rarely has access to his phone so can't communicate. Told me to review rules before the draft and he had PPR scoring on and switched the rules to standard AFTER I drafted based on PPR and said "we have always been a standard league"
If this is true, then you need to leave that league asap. That's incredibly bad.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:12 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:02 pm
Hessy1225 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm This is my 1st year in the league and this commish is unorganized. Rarely has access to his phone so can't communicate. Told me to review rules before the draft and he had PPR scoring on and switched the rules to standard AFTER I drafted based on PPR and said "we have always been a standard league"
If this is true, then you need to leave that league asap. That's incredibly bad.
No kidding. I would have quit after that.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Well few things:

-first off bad league and I'd leave it
-hate to say it, but if it was posted before the playoffs, everyone was on the same page... but I don't think it should be a zero... I think the worst punishment that should be enforced is the points for the player dropped (if same position)

You can be upset, its crappy, thats for sure... but they have a little to go on as well. Good luck, but I'd still walk from the league and find one that is organized

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 pm

If the waiver lock is nothing new...this is on you. Commish should have let you know imo, but the rules are the rules here....assuming nothing new.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:30 am

I would leave asap! Sounds shady!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 am

Ah a commish with Short Mans Syndrome, my favorite. What is rarely jas access to his phone? He is too busy to check his phone while on the crapper, but has time to make petty fantasy football changes and updates? Run
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:18 am

Friction wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 am Ah a commish with Short Mans Syndrome, my favorite. What is rarely jas access to his phone? He is too busy to check his phone while on the crapper, but has time to make petty fantasy football changes and updates? Run
Enforcing rules of the league is not ‘petty’ or ‘short man syndrome’...you can say the rule sucks, is poorly implemented, or the league is poorly run, but implying the actual enforcement of a rule is the issue isn’t a very good take on the situation.