Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Adidas95
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

Postby Adidas95 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:01 am

What do you guys think he will be in 2018? Will he be the work horse back or a piece of a committee?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:35 am

I think he'll be part of a committee or the backup to a new RB the Colts draft. It's possible they roll with him as the lead if Gore isn't there as they have a lot of holes to fill, but I wouldn't count on it.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 am

I don't see much upside in Mack for 2018. I believe the Colts pick up an RB in FA or the draft to use a RBBC with Mack or to take over the lead roll and make Mack the 2nd option. He needed to show more this year while he was a backup to Gore but he just never put much on paper to make me feel great about his future.

Currently averaging 3.8 YPC. If he was going to be a feature back in the NFL, this was the year to make a statement with an aging Frank Gore in front of him on the depth chart. Frank the tank is only averaging 3.6 YPC, I would have liked to see Mack take over the starting job by now but the coaching staff seems to not trust him enough for that.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 am

I like Mack, but IND needs offensive line help and Luck to return. I'd say Mack has 2017 Chris Thompson upside, but we'll see.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:23 am

Gore will be the starter in Indy for the next 16 years.

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:37 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 am I like Mack, but IND needs offensive line help and Luck to return. I'd say Mack has 2017 Chris Thompson upside, but we'll see.
I like your thinking! My feeling is he will have a couple of good games next year as a Coleman type 1B to either Gore or a draft pick.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Mack is a talented player for sure but he's not a feature back. His upside is real, in that he could do what Miller did back in Miami. But his downside is that he pisses off his coaches with boneheadedness to the point that he's 3rd on the depth chart.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:48 pm

He'll always be a satellite back until he learns to block well ..
@PlankMelody

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Don't see anything special here. Replacement-level back propped up by a weak RB core and an aging lead RB.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 pm

He's the anti-Rob Kelley/Orleans Darkwa/etc

He WON'T necessarily take the easy 2-3 yards and fall down. He WON'T always follow where the play is supposed to go.

That's all awesome when you're Shady and Bell, but it's a great way to get benched. As much as we hate it for fantasy, being Rob Kelley or Darkwa is more attractive to the head coach.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 pm He's the anti-Rob Kelley/Orleans Darkwa/etc

He WON'T necessarily take the easy 2-3 yards and fall down. He WON'T always follow where the play is supposed to go.

That's all awesome when you're Shady and Bell, but it's a great way to get benched. As much as we hate it for fantasy, being Rob Kelley or Darkwa is more attractive to the head coach.
I actually like Darkwa quite a bit (Giants fan). One cut running style and just goes LOOKING for contact. By late in the game, linebackers aren't quite as eager to come looking for trouble from him. Hope our new GM re-signs him this year.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 am

Samhain34 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 pm He's the anti-Rob Kelley/Orleans Darkwa/etc

I actually like Darkwa quite a bit (Giants fan). One cut running style and just goes LOOKING for contact. By late in the game, linebackers aren't quite as eager to come looking for trouble from him. Hope our new GM re-signs him this year.
For sure he's a nice back to have. It's good to have reliable players whom you can trust to a reasonable level. But he's not special. There is no shortage of backs that can do what he does. Robert Turbin, Jeremy Hill, Terrance West, Rob Kelley, Mike Gillislee, etc.

From an NFL standpoint I understand wanting him. But for Dynasty, sell him if you find a buyer thinking he will be a starter for more than ROS.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Drafted him, didn't like what seems to be a lack of feel for the game. Packaged him with a 2018 1st (ended up 1.08), 4.08 & G. Kittle for Shady .

Looking at two year rental of McCoy or package Shady with something to get back into draft.

Sidenote: Shady addition gave us the top lineup in the league. Then Kamara gets whacked first series , A. Smith can't even throw 1 TD vs Raiders and we lose by 3.5 in a PPR lg.

Don't think the loss of Mack will be a major loss. Actually liked Kittle more and would like to get him back

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm

IBall2 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 am I don't see much upside in Mack for 2018. I believe the Colts pick up an RB in FA or the draft to use a RBBC with Mack or to take over the lead roll and make Mack the 2nd option. He needed to show more this year while he was a backup to Gore but he just never put much on paper to make me feel great about his future.

Currently averaging 3.8 YPC. If he was going to be a feature back in the NFL, this was the year to make a statement with an aging Frank Gore in front of him on the depth chart. Frank the tank is only averaging 3.6 YPC, I would have liked to see Mack take over the starting job by now but the coaching staff seems to not trust him enough for that.
The same coaching staff that is going to be employed for about another week or two? I mean let's be serious, Pagano should have been fired two years ago, and he will definitely be this year.

That team is dreadful though and they have so many holes, they will probably add a cheap veteran and give Mack a legit shot with a real coaching staff.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:40 am

flyersfan1981 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm
IBall2 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 am I don't see much upside in Mack for 2018. I believe the Colts pick up an RB in FA or the draft to use a RBBC with Mack or to take over the lead roll and make Mack the 2nd option. He needed to show more this year while he was a backup to Gore but he just never put much on paper to make me feel great about his future.

The same coaching staff that is going to be employed for about another week or two? I mean let's be serious, Pagano should have been fired two years ago, and he will definitely be this year.

That team is dreadful though and they have so many holes, they will probably add a cheap veteran and give Mack a legit shot with a real coaching staff.
One could easily use the prospect of a new coaching staff as a knock against Mack. When a guy hasn't shown it on the field, and the people in the building had nothing to do with bringing him in, what do they owe him?

He's worth a flyer if you believe that the preseason hype is closer to his truth than what he showed during the year. Everyone on that offense got dragged down. I'm not sure where I'd fall on that spectrum, to be honest, but his current situation is a negative for me.