Veto Worthy?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dunville
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Veto Worthy?

Postby Dunville » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Im never a fan of veto.

If the guy is rebuilding I can understand going for the Arob side
12 Team 1 pt PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1K
QB Kyler Tua, McCarthy
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Jamaal, CEH, Allgeier, Brown, Guerendo
WR Hill, JJ, AJB, Keenan, Reed Thielen, Boyd, Iosivas, Odunze, Corley
TE Hockenson Ferguson,
K Elliot
1DT 2DE 3LB 1CB 2S 1Flex
DT Zach Allen, Clark, Armstead
DE Crosby, Van Ness, Turner, Wonnum, Diaby
LB Greenlaw, Kendricks, Bernard, Mosley, McFadden, Overshown, Cashman, Henley, Luifau
CB Stream
S Bynum, Blankenship fuller, grant, Nubin
2025 2, 3 ,6

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:30 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:42 am I don't see any issue with this.

Allen Robinson < AJ Green
2019 1st = Jimmy Graham
DeShone Kizer =< Matt Ryan but neither is worth much in a 1QB league.

I would want a little more if I were selling Green, but this is by no means anything to get upset about.
i think
ARob < AJG
2019 > Jimmy Graham
Kizer < Ryan

i side slightly to the AJG side, but i actually think this is pretty close
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 am

Al_Bundy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:56 pm I'm the commish that he's mad at. Just to add a little more context. The team I traded with recently put up his whole roster on trade bait and put "2018 picks" in the what he's looking for section, signalling an obvious rebuild. OP is another contender that's just sitting on the sideline with our trade deadline tmrw. He also stated In the chat that he's mad I picked up "4 new starters for guys not playing this year." The guys not playing just happen to be DJ, arob, And then the future 1st.
i think this is very poor of you to come on here if you have a veto policy in your league (which we do not know). if there is no policy....well, he really is just venting about ANOTHER TRADE by you (according to him), that he feels jeopardizes the balance of the league.

as someone who has played in leagues that the commish is doing this all the time...i would just part ways if i were him. you clearly dont see a problem with it. some owners prefer to play in leagues where they dont have to worry about these scenarios all the time.

im not faulting you for making the trade. im not even here to tell you that it is unbalanced....but you realistically gave up arob for ajg, ryan, and jimmy....take it however you want....but that is the fact here. as we sit today, there arent alot of owners that would trade ajg straight up for arob. there arent alot that would trade ryan for kizer, and realistically, not sure most would settle for a late 19 1st for graham. is it your fault? no! your other leaguemates may get tired of it though. i know i have in the past and just left. maybe the op isnt even disgusted at you, but at the other owner in reality. when i parted ways in the past....thats exactly what i told the commish. if he wasnt going to get competent owners that would quit feeding him....i would just walk away. the same stuff kept happening and i ultimately left.

Al_Bundy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Al_Bundy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:31 am

Veto policy is same as 95 % of other leagues. Veto only if collusion. What do you mean "ANOTHER TRADE by you." He's only complaining about this particular trade. And no "realistically" a '19 1st and kizer were also given up (kizer obv very little value but a dart throw.) I don't know what your rant is all about. You are writing like I am doing something wrong over and over. Maybe you should look in the mirror about unnecessary and inaccurate postings. Have a good day.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:13 am

Al_Bundy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:31 am Veto policy is same as 95 % of other leagues. Veto only if collusion. What do you mean "ANOTHER TRADE by you." He's only complaining about this particular trade. And no "realistically" a '19 1st and kizer were also given up (kizer obv very little value but a dart throw.) I don't know what your rant is all about. You are writing like I am doing something wrong over and over. Maybe you should look in the mirror about unnecessary and inaccurate postings. Have a good day.
AJG444 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:31 am The commish in are league made another trade that i think just takes away from the integrity of the league.. but maybe im wrong

He Gives: Arob Kizer and a 1st in 2019

He Gets: AJ Green Matt Ryan and Jimmy Graham

am i wrong to be upset with this trade?
perhaps you should take a look at the 1st sentence of the post. would seem as if he feels that their are other deals in the past that he felt may be lopsided.

the op is asking if this is veto worthy....would lead me to assume that you have veto in your league. you do not. had you, imo, its poor form to come on a world wide message board to handle a matter amonst a handful of owners.

the "rant" is more directed at him and how he may want to proceed if he feels things are lopsided. its certainly no fault of yours that a trade was accepted. but for him, as mentioned...there is no reason to stay in the league if he feels like he's getting an unfair shake. ff is suppose to be fun and entertainment. nothing to get worked up about.

you suggest that he's worked up about this trade in particular....most would want more for that package. you would want more for that package. yes....he does have reason to bitch. hopefully it blows over or our op parts ways. for his sake, if he truly feels that he's getting screwed over...just move on. im sure the commish can find someone else that will run the team and he can find another league. the commish wont have to deal with the bitching.

Kana
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Kana » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:17 am

I think this trade is completely fine. I've seen trades that have seemed worse where the "loser" is the clear winner a year later. You have to allow people to have their own valuations on players and picks. I think unless there is obvious collusion, trades shouldn't be vetoed. If someone got traded for a low price, maybe others should have inquired and offered to pay more.
Team 1:
(10-3)

12 Team PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX
QB: A Rodgers, M Mariota
RB: T Gurley, L Fournette, M Ingram, B Powell, T Riddick, CJ Prosise, M Brown, C Ivory
WR: A Thielen, M Crabtree, Marvin Jones, R Anderson, W Fuller, M Bryant, P Garcon, T Pryor, John Brown, K White, D Byrd
TE: J Reed, D Njoku, C Clay, V Davis

Draft Picks:
2018: (2) 3rds, (1) 4th
2019: (1) 1st, (1) 4th

Team 2:
(12-1)

12 Team PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX
QB: K Cousins, P Rivers
RB: M Gordon, M Ingram, J Mixon, CJ Prosise, J Hill, S Vereen, M Davis
WR: K Allen, S Diggs, D Bryant , E Sanders, J Nelson, W Snead, Tyrell Williams, C Godwin, Taywan Taylor, C Williams
TE: J Graham , D Njoku

Draft Picks:
2018: (1) 4th
2019: (1) 1st, (1) 4th

Al_Bundy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Al_Bundy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:29 am

I see. I just didn't like your 2nd paragraph where you were acting like I was doing something wrong over and over and that he should leave because I don't run a fair league. Just for the record here are my 3 other trades in the league this year. All 4 with different league members.
Gave 4.8 and 4.10 for Jamal Charles
Gave dj received Gurley
Gave Aaron Rodgers received cam newton

Al_Bundy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Al_Bundy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 am

The op is a great owner, btw. He won it all 2 years ago, was runner up last year, and strong again this year so far. I'm assuming that might have atleast played a part in this but I don't know.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:51 am

Al_Bundy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:29 am I see. I just didn't like your 2nd paragraph where you were acting like I was doing something wrong over and over and that he should leave because I don't run a fair league. Just for the record here are my 3 other trades in the league this year. All 4 with different league members.
Gave 4.8 and 4.10 for Jamal Charles
Gave dj received Gurley
Gave Aaron Rodgers received cam newton
i see nothing wrong there if those are the deals our op is talking about. i stand by my stance, that its on him if he's enjoying the league or not.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 am

Al_Bundy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 am The op is a great owner, btw. He won it all 2 years ago, was runner up last year, and strong again this year so far. I'm assuming that might have atleast played a part in this but I don't know.
this does not suprise me. a competitive owner is exactly what you want. this is on him. you dont need the headache since there is no veto process.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:11 am

Its not that bad. Plenty of Arob belivers think he's only a step behind AJG in value, and that's what this trade looks like
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Achane, Dobbins, Algier, trash
WR: Nabers, Tank Dell, Addison, Shaheed, Thomas Jr. McConkey, K Coleman, JSN, QJ, S Jameson Williams, Corley, Polk, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, Juwan, Musgrave, Theo Johnson
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2025 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5
2026- 1,2,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2027

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:30 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 am
Al_Bundy wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:56 pm I'm the commish that he's mad at. Just to add a little more context. The team I traded with recently put up his whole roster on trade bait and put "2018 picks" in the what he's looking for section, signalling an obvious rebuild. OP is another contender that's just sitting on the sideline with our trade deadline tmrw. He also stated In the chat that he's mad I picked up "4 new starters for guys not playing this year." The guys not playing just happen to be DJ, arob, And then the future 1st.
i think this is very poor of you to come on here if you have a veto policy in your league (which we do not know). if there is no policy....well, he really is just venting about ANOTHER TRADE by you (according to him), that he feels jeopardizes the balance of the league.

as someone who has played in leagues that the commish is doing this all the time...i would just part ways if i were him. you clearly dont see a problem with it. some owners prefer to play in leagues where they dont have to worry about these scenarios all the time.

im not faulting you for making the trade. im not even here to tell you that it is unbalanced....but you realistically gave up arob for ajg, ryan, and jimmy....take it however you want....but that is the fact here. as we sit today, there arent alot of owners that would trade ajg straight up for arob. there arent alot that would trade ryan for kizer, and realistically, not sure most would settle for a late 19 1st for graham. is it your fault? no! your other leaguemates may get tired of it though. i know i have in the past and just left. maybe the op isnt even disgusted at you, but at the other owner in reality. when i parted ways in the past....thats exactly what i told the commish. if he wasnt going to get competent owners that would quit feeding him....i would just walk away. the same stuff kept happening and i ultimately left.
I completely disagree. The OP started this by publicly attacking Al_Bundy for making a perfectly legitimate trade. Just because the OP felt it "unbalanced" the league. Just because someone is the commissioner doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to make trades that improve their team. And if someone write a post publicly attacking you as a commissioner you're perfectly within your fights to defend yourself.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:41 am

I hear this from guys in my leagues all the time. "League Integrity"

At what point did it become the job of any owner to worry about someone else's roster? As a commish should I not make trades that help me win? As mentioned before we are all in this to win! Whatever I can do (within the rules) to give myself a better chance to win, I am going to do.

I simply dont understand those that get upset when a trade is made. I hear the line "I would have offered way more" all the time as well. Do we not all have the same opportunity to make trades?? If he had those players available and was clearly entering a rebuild did you not send any offers his way??

Maybe if he turned down other offers that were much better to make a bad trade I could understand. But its typically the owners who dont send anything. The trade gets made (partly because the owner didnt have any better offers) and then all of a sudden everyone is upset because they hypotheitcally would have paid more.

Instead of being upset, next time someone puts players on the block be the first one to make offers. So they ALWAYS have another potential options. Or better yet, be proactive and constantly be in trade negotiations.
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: JJefferson, Godwin, QJ, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, Mcbride, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.04, 2.01, 3.10

2nd Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF 12 Team

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: Z. White, D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 3.02, 3.04

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:49 am

BelichekYourSelf wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:30 am
sloth8u wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 am

I completely disagree. The OP started this by publicly attacking Al_Bundy for making a perfectly legitimate trade. Just because the OP felt it "unbalanced" the league. Just because someone is the commissioner doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to make trades that improve their team. And if someone write a post publicly attacking you as a commissioner you're perfectly within your fights to defend yourself.
the op came here asking if league integrity should be challenged. if the op feels that a member of the league is incompetent and cannot see that arob, kizer, future 1st is a trade calc trade and not a legitimate trade to promote winning.....he has every right to question if he should ask for veto. perhaps our op wants to be in a league where owners are trying to win. for example....would your mind change at all if the guy giving ajg, ryan, and graham, left in the next few years?

the issue here is....there is no veto. so to answer his question...no, he should not try to get it veto'd

if your suggesting, that as we sit here today, that arob, kizer, and a 19 1st help someone compete more than ajg, ryan, and graham....i have no arguement. you win.

i am not faulting the commish at all here....but the reality is....you can trade arod for cam, dj for gurley, and a couple late 4ths for charles when you make trades like this. it happens all the time. if the op does not wish to partake in the league....he can leave.

i find it interesting that most here wouldnt sell ajg for arob, kizer, and a 19 1st....yet you want to defend this.

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:56 am

Unless the OP has turned down a clear trade win in the past and cited "League Integrity" as the reason why, there is no point to be made.
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: JJefferson, Godwin, QJ, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, Mcbride, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.04, 2.01, 3.10

2nd Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF 12 Team

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: Z. White, D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 3.02, 3.04