Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Diggs value

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am

If you can afford to not start Diggs because you're upset with him, then you'll probably win the Ship anyway. Cuz that means your team is LOADED
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:57 pm

True lucky, Most line ups / depending on starting requirements, may be forced to at least start Diggs as their #3, or even #4 depending again on starting requirements. I too will be starting him as my wr#3 in one league - and, I'll be hoping for some upside. I'm kinda mad at him too, but, I'll just have to deal with that and let it go.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 pm

joeylitz wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:22 am I’m getting upset with Diggs. There’s been a lot of excuses made for him over the last few weeks. I’m starting to think he only excels when NOT going against a high end corner - which makes him no longer a must start. Thoughts?
And if you agree, how does this bode for him on Thursday against Detroit?
Didn't he just beat Josh Norman a couple weeks ago?

Thielen had a great matchup that the Vikes had to take advantage of. Even the announcers were calling it out before every pass play where the Rams backup corner was and that was where the Vikes should attack.

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am If you can afford to not start Diggs because you're upset with him, then you'll probably win the Ship anyway. Cuz that means your team is LOADED
Nah - I have Diggs in two leagues and both are 7-4. Both are capable of winning but not sure things.

One is just a 10 Team redraft which starts only 2WRs and no flex. I have Baldwin starting opposite Diggs. If I sit Diggs, it would be for Marvin Jones

The other is my dynasty (starts 3 WRs and a flex). If I sat Diggs, it would also be for Jones

Both Jones and Diggs seem to have similar floors/ceilings and Jones has been a stud in 4/5 games scoring 18-29 pts in PPR. So perhaps the better question is, how can I afford to sit Jones anymore?
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 pm

joeylitz wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:22 am I’m getting upset with Diggs. There’s been a lot of excuses made for him over the last few weeks. I’m starting to think he only excels when NOT going against a high end corner - which makes him no longer a must start. Thoughts?
And if you agree, how does this bode for him on Thursday against Detroit?
You should go back and watch the Washington game, where he made Josh Norman look dumb. Norman came away impressed:

"Heck of a talent, man. Just a heck of a talent in this league. That guy's a little crafty, man. Shifty. He comes in and he plays primarily in the slot, he does his job. It's big when you see young guys comin' in and playing like that because you can tell they're going to have a bright future in this league."

As far as the Rams game, Thielen had a better matchup in the slot. Diggs played well, but didn't get the big plays in that one. I think you should be concerned if Diggs is not playing well, but he still is. As we've seen with Julio Jones and others in the past, playing well doesn't always equal a ton of fantasy points each game.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:12 am Diggs & Thielen remind me a lot of Coop & Crab when it comes to fantasy.

This community loves the younger receiver who has shown promise and has "upside" but often disappears but the community is much lower on the 1b receiver who is arguably the more reliable fantasy asset.
Thielen is really, really good, but I'd have a hard time betting on him long-term over Diggs. It's not just that Diggs has upside, he's also really good right now. Thielen has definitely taken over as the primary WR for Keenum. He has at least 8 targets in eight straight games. But, I don't equate that to Diggs disappearing, as much as Thielen getting better matchups and taking over while Diggs missed a few games.

The difference with Cooper and Diggs is that Cooper is still being treated as the primary option, isn't producing and has regressed as a football player. Diggs hasn't regressed in ability or skill, though he's been on the cusp of that true breakout for a few seasons. I think he's a definite stud at this point. You don't do what he does without being one. But, he's more of a 2nd Tier WR, with other players who are on the edge of completely showing out.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm

I just think that we won't ever see consistent elite production out of Diggs. The talent is evident, but it's not happening consistently enough to make him elite. I'd sell for first or second round startup value if I owned him.

joeylitz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joeylitz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:19 pm

joeylitz wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am If you can afford to not start Diggs because you're upset with him, then you'll probably win the Ship anyway. Cuz that means your team is LOADED
Nah - I have Diggs in two leagues and both are 7-4. Both are capable of winning but not sure things.

One is just a 10 Team redraft which starts only 2WRs and no flex. I have Baldwin starting opposite Diggs. If I sit Diggs, it would be for Marvin Jones

The other is my dynasty (starts 3 WRs and a flex). If I sat Diggs, it would also be for Jones

Both Jones and Diggs seem to have similar floors/ceilings and Jones has been a stud in 4/5 games scoring 18-29 pts in PPR. So perhaps the better question is, how can I afford to sit Jones anymore?
Jones with a TD and ~50 yds at the half. Diggs with 22 rec yds. :wall:
Really wish I just listened to myself and sat Diggs for Jones. :evil:
Can’t wait to hear the excuses this week.
2016 Frozen Tundra Dynasty League Champions
12 Team Dynasty, PPR, 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1FLEX-1PK-1DST

QB: Brees. Wentz, Winston, Rudolph
RB: L. Bell, J. Conner, Michel. McKinnon, L. Miller, Montgomery, T. Riddick, Prosise, J. Conner,
WR: A. Robinson, Woods, M. Jones, Godwin, Boyd, Crabtree, Moncrief, Gabriel, C. Henderson, J. Washington, J. Moore
TE: D. Walker. Hooper, I. Thomas
K: Elliott
DST: DEN. KC

Draft:
1.08: Hockenson
2.08: JAWS
3.08:

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Watching the game right now, it's pretty clear Keenum prefers Theilen to Diggs. Diggs is being utilized almost like a big play threat (a la Brandin Cooks) whereas Theilen is the target hog w/ big play potential. Diggs is simply a WR2 going forward in my eyes. I'm not so sure I'd even put him above Marvin Jones at this point.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:30 am

Maybe now is a buy low from a panicking owner.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:44 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:30 am Maybe now is a buy low from a panicking owner.
His last 3 games in a PPR have been 17.8, 7.2, 12.5 points. Why would someone panic?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:44 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:30 am Maybe now is a buy low from a panicking owner.
His last 3 games in a PPR have been 17.8, 7.2, 12.5 points. Why would someone panic?
He's not made the jump this year like some owners have been hoping. Worth offering a 1st for him to see.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:29 pm

I traded for him mid-season and he certainly hasn't been what I hoped for....
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:00 pm

KCLep20 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:29 pm I traded for him mid-season and he certainly hasn't been what I hoped for....
What'd you trade?

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:27 am

While I agree that owners shouldn't panic, I am not suprised if some are. Owners are often fickle and expect instint elite status. Some of the concerns listed earlier in this thread include health and inconsistency have continued this season. It's also frustrating that Thielen is currently the target monster in the offense. Both Thielen and Rudolph have totaled more points over the past three games than Diggs and Keenum is playing great and Minnesota is winning.

To be honest, the only advanced stats that do not look great for him are Opportunity at the moment. It's the wrong time to be selling. https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/stefon-diggs/
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first