Eli benched for Geno

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Eli benched for Geno

Postby AZK » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 am

What does this do to Beckham moving forward?
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:31 am

Neight wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 am What does this do to Beckham moving forward?
Depends on which QB they draft next year.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:07 am

LMAO Geno the savior lmao..he is worst than old butt fumble..totally cant quit laughing...

AS a Cowboy fan im loving this crap.. and not a Eli guy but this is balant retard decision put the rookie in not the bust..well u have to have talent to be a bust which geno does not..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:11 am

The only reason I care about this is because I have Engram in 1 seasonal league...
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:12 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:32 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:27 pm
Phaded wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 pm

A 5th year QB who has thrown more career INTs than TDs and could not even keep a job with the Jets.
Joe Namath threw more Career INTs than TDs. Arent there like 6 or more QBs in the HOF who threw more INTs than TDs?

I dont see how having 2 seasons of more INTs than TDs proves you're a busted QB. And in fact only 1 season - his rookie season on the Rex Ryan led Jets did he have more INTs than TDs.

The other 2 seasons dont count because you know very well he lost a season to a stupid punch and another half season to an ACL injury after behing behind Fitzmagic who had had his careeer year in 2015, after Geno lost his job to said punch. And why would the Jets keep a QB with an ACL injury when they had 2 other QBs to focus on that the new management had interest in. That doesnt make him a bust just victim of too many qbs not enough means to evaluate them all properly.
Are you actually comparing Geno to a QB who played a completely different game about 50 years ago? You cannot reasonably compare them statistically in any way. If you are going to try that - at least come up with a relevant modern comparison that makes sense.

My statement only scratches the surface as I do not think a deep analysis is required to prove Geno is a bust. I think if there is a suggestion stating otherwise, that is when a deep analysis is required.

With that said - I would not be surprised if Geno is benched after 1 game and they go with Webb.
I am not comparing Geno Smith to anyone. You brought up INT to TDs as an example as why he was a proven bust and I simply pointed out that INT to TD ratio isnt an accurate indicator of being a proven bust.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:29 am

Good thing I unloaded Sterling Shepard as quickly as possible.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:36 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:27 pm Joe Namath threw more Career INTs than TDs. Arent there like 6 or more QBs in the HOF who threw more INTs than TDs?

I dont see how having 2 seasons of more INTs than TDs proves you're a busted QB. And in fact only 1 season - his rookie season on the Rex Ryan led Jets did he have more INTs than TDs.

The other 2 seasons dont count because you know very well he lost a season to a stupid punch and another half season to an ACL injury after behing behind Fitzmagic who had had his careeer year in 2015, after Geno lost his job to said punch. And why would the Jets keep a QB with an ACL injury when they had 2 other QBs to focus on that the new management had interest in. That doesnt make him a bust just victim of too many qbs not enough means to evaluate them all properly.
By what measure isn't Geno Smith a bust? The Jets spent a Top 40 pick on him. He has a career passer rating of 72.3, 36 interceptions in 34 games, 5.6 yards per attempt, and a 57.7% completion percentage. There is less than a 1% chance that Geno Smith is the Giants starting QB of the future. They are going to spend a high pick on a QB in the draft. They are better off just letting Eli play and showing him the respect he's more than earned throughout his tenure as a Giant.
If you're saying he is a bust so far, then I do not think many would argue with you, but I'm simply sceptical that we've seen everything we need to see to determine Geno Smith is 100% a bust forever and ever.

Not every QB is able to be ready right out of the gate - we know this from how different college systems develop & use their QBs - some QBs actually need more time to develop to be NFL starter calibre - so Geno Smith may be a bust in the he was not a pro-ready franchise QB right from the get go but that doesnt mean he isnt able to develop into a starter like an Alex Smith.

I recall there was a lot of optimism in the 2015 off-season, and Genos 2014 Season, while not a great season by any stretch of the imagination was adequate and an improvement over his 2013 rookie lets throw him into the fire season - then that punch that broke his jaw happened and his career has been derailed ever since. So basically everyone is basing their judgements on Geno Smith based off of 2 seasons of play for an organization whose ability to develop young talent in those years (2011-2014 and especially the 2013-14 Idzil GM years) can be seriously questioned.

I am in no way suggesting Geno Smith is going to be a great NFL QB - just that the book should not be closed so quickly based on what evidence has been given.

Oh and here is a guy who believes in Geno. :)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.3653113
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 am

As a Giants fan I am happy with this move. We need to see what we have in both Geno and Webb, there is no need to see anymore from Eli this year. I believe there is more to Geno than what others think. In any case, hopefully this is the first of many overdue changes for the organization.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:11 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:47 am I get the whole, "Our season is done. May as well start the backups to A) give them experience and B) see if they're any good or if we need to use our first round pick there" but Eli really didn't deserve this. His response how they said they'd start him for a series or two to keep his streak alive but pull him for the others and he turned it down to not cheapen the streak and that he'd do his best to help Geno and Webb was super classy. Hespect. Coach signed his own walking papers with that move, and he's not safe out at night on the streets of NY.

I would be very cool to see Eli go to the Jags for Coughlin and play there for a couple years with a Fournette running game and see where he can take that team
If he signed an economic contract, they may be able to resign A-Rob and become AFC favorites next year.
The standard is the standard.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:24 am

Defender wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:11 am
hockeyBjj wrote: I would be very cool to see Eli go to the Jags for Coughlin and play there for a couple years with a Fournette running game and see where he can take that team
If he signed an economic contract, they may be able to resign A-Rob and become AFC favorites next year.
What is it about Eli Manning that makes people believe that at this point of his career he would be an upgrade to Bortles? Because he has post season experience? That's all I can come up with.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:51 am

Oddball456 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:57 am I am actually kinda surprised by some of the responses in the this thread. This is clearly a lost season for the Giants and Eli is no spring chicken. Geno, while not likely to be the QB of the future, has a much better than "less than 1% chance" to be their QB of the future. I would say something closer to 20% chance he turns it around, not great but you never know. And Geno has been an starting QB in the NFL before and has been the #2 all year behind Eli, so of course he will get a chance to start. He has had a lot more work in practice with the first team players. If Geno crashes and burns this week, that gives Webb an extra week to prepare to give him the best chance to succeed.

It does suck for Eli, I always like him as a player, but good for him to get out of this lost season early and healthy.
It's disrespectful certainly. But I think it's McAdoo's Hail Mary to try and get a few wins in hope of keeping his job (which isn't happening). From what I understand, Geno is starting this week because Webb has basically no time with the first-string. They'll get him some reps in practice, and if/when Geno proves not to be an improvement over Eli it will be Webb's chance to take a stab at the job.

I don't imagine Eli will retire, especially with the way this all went down. Something like this will probably fuel the competitor in him to try and come back strong with another team and prove that he wasn't washed-up. Jacksonville makes some sense as mentioned by others with the Coughlin connection. I just (selfishly) hope Elway doesn't decide to go for another dip into the Manning cookie jar to grab a nearly expired oatmeal raisin.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 am

eNdblu wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 pm It'll hopefully fix the Coach and GM in the offseason
Welp... Didn't have to wait for the offseason! Only took 1 week to get the ball rolling here!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Broke his streak for nothing. Ridiculous.