I’ve seen Goff go for more
8%

Total votes: 77

gwjordan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: This just happened....bad trade...

Postby gwjordan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 pm

And my final thought to those of you who are just advocating blowing up the league is that you guys are quitters. Was the NFL always perfect? Did they just blow it all up as soon as a few owners became disgruntled and start a new league? No. They stuck it out, made changes, and prospered. The one thing we do have with this league is history. Keeping a dynasty league together for five years is hard. If you guys actually play or run dynasty leagues, you know that. That history means something. That's not to say that I won't blow it up. When I started this league, I was single without kids. Now I am married with a 4 and 2 year old. It doesn't mean as much to me as it did. But it still means something. And it's still mine.

So, let me explain some good things about the league that may not necessarily excuse my choices, but at least give some insight into why people might want to stay. I pay out 100% of the league fees in prize money (paying the league fees myself). I buy trophies for the league champion, the GM of the Year, and the winner of the consolation bracket out of my pocket. I pay the franchise fees for a couple owners who I know do not have the money but like playing and whom I like having around. And, despite what it may seem here, I actually do listen to the owners when they make suggestions or comments and I care.

Peace out.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Reljac wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:46 amThe team that acquired Goff had Winston/Rivers
Glad I came back to this thread. I'll go ahead and explain to everybody what happened. As someone who was trying to stream Winston/Rivers up until this past weekend, it will make you go insane. The guy who traded for Goff clearly got to this point and lost his mind. He probably would have traded his own children to get some semblance of consistent production from his QB spot.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks for adding a lot of clarification to the issue. It helps to understand all sides of the trade, the league set-up, rosters, contracts, and available QBs. I think the big issue with most posters here is that you rarely see any QB valued this much if it isnt a 2 QB or superflex league. I am in a 16 team league and you can rarely, if ever, trade a QB for even one very good WR/TE/RB, let alone 2. Even when contract status is a factor. But, I do think contract years and who you can keep in this situation will play a big part and can understand that he may have had to overpay for a QB when he was in bad shape and there are no QBs available on waivers.

Thanks for the extra input and for providing a clearer picture.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:20 pm

gwjordan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 pm And my final thought to those of you who are just advocating blowing up the league is that you guys are quitters. Was the NFL always perfect? Did they just blow it all up as soon as a few owners became disgruntled and start a new league? No. They stuck it out, made changes, and prospered. The one thing we do have with this league is history. Keeping a dynasty league together for five years is hard. If you guys actually play or run dynasty leagues, you know that. That history means something. That's not to say that I won't blow it up. When I started this league, I was single without kids. Now I am married with a 4 and 2 year old. It doesn't mean as much to me as it did. But it still means something. And it's still mine.

So, let me explain some good things about the league that may not necessarily excuse my choices, but at least give some insight into why people might want to stay. I pay out 100% of the league fees in prize money (paying the league fees myself). I buy trophies for the league champion, the GM of the Year, and the winner of the consolation bracket out of my pocket. I pay the franchise fees for a couple owners who I know do not have the money but like playing and whom I like having around. And, despite what it may seem here, I actually do listen to the owners when they make suggestions or comments and I care.

Peace out.
I think they all met that a commish who changes rules on the fly without telling people, does it at random times, and doesn't ask people to vote is fishy, not to say you aernt a good commish but those are all red flags. You also need to veto that terrible trade that went down!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm

MT18180 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:58 am Feeling he has a shot to get in the playoffs he had 2 QB's before the trade Winston ( out for at least 2-3 more weeks ) and Rivers in concussion protocol. Between the 14 teams 44 QB's are currently on rosters in fact the only starting QB available was Tom Savage ( who got picked up ).
Mike conveniently left out, that Tom Savage was the only QB available two days after the trade... Three starting QBs have been picked off of Waivers in the last 24 hours. and at least 6 in the last 2 weeks.

And that Matt Ryan, Derek Carr, Trubisky, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, and Eli Manning are all listed as available for trade on trade block... Many of those owners looking simply for a draft pick or a 1-yr player in return... not three...
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

gwjordan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gwjordan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:44 pm

IRL, the Rams gave up a lot to get Goff...probably more than was given up in this trade, so - once again - who are we to say it was wrong?

Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 pm

gwjordan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:44 pm IRL, the Rams gave up a lot to get Goff...probably more than was given up in this trade, so - once again - who are we to say it was wrong?

Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).
In what world is that even comparable?

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Ghosted wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 pm
gwjordan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:44 pm IRL, the Rams gave up a lot to get Goff...probably more than was given up in this trade, so - once again - who are we to say it was wrong?

In what world is that even comparable?
fantasy is not real life!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:03 pm

gwjordan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am Was it cheating when the Patriots.....
Yes, yes it was.

Sorry to derail, but I couldn't help myself.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 pm

IRL, the commish works for the owners, so... :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist a snarky/sarcastic comment lol, it's purely jest)

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Your excuses for allowing this stuff to go down in your leagues are completely irrelevant and unreasonable. Changing league rules on the fly is never acceptable, especially when you don't even let the rest of your leaguemates vote on it.

I don't care how old your league is or how much work you put into it, your job as a commish is not to run a league in a way that makes you happy, it's to run a league in a way that makes everyone happy.

Your blatant mishandling of this league is a detriment to the dynasty community as a whole.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 pm Sorry, must have missed another thing. Who is saying anything about changing rules?
I would strongly suggest reading through the previous pages
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Neight wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:03 pm
gwjordan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am Was it cheating when the Patriots.....
Yes, yes it was.

Sorry to derail, but I couldn't help myself.
Hah. Even at a Pats fan, that was pretty good. Made it even funnier picturing you being salty over Sunday night in my own mind, even if that wasn't the case.