Chris Godwin
34%

Total votes: 68

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Flyer WR Poll

Postby Tennisbuck » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Since the Flyer RB had a ton of responses, I'm going to add this poll.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Re: Flyer WR Poll

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:51 pm

This was a tough choice for me between Zay Jones and Hollins. I ultimately went Hollins just because I believe in Wentz more than Tyrod. Hollins is slowly picking up steam and becoming more involved in that offense, and I could see him taking on a major role next year with Jeffery and Smith potentially being gone.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Kaz wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:51 pm This was a tough choice for me between Zay Jones and Hollins. I ultimately went Hollins just because I believe in Wentz more than Tyrod. Hollins is slowly picking up steam and becoming more involved in that offense, and I could see him taking on a major role next year with Jeffery and Smith potentially being gone.
I actually agree and that's why I rooster Hollins. I think Torrey Smith is gone next year and potentially Alshon.

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Jeffery's numbers so far this year suggest to me a more valuable real life player than a fantasy player. In other words, he is taking the #1 cornerback and safety attention and opening up the field. I'm curious how much of Agholor's success is from this factor. And so I'm thinking that even if Jeffery is back back next year, that may set Mack up nicely.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Here's the thing... Zay Jones and Chris Godwin aren't really flyers, they were most likely drafted with a 2nd round rookie pick. Most serious owners wouldn't have bailed on them yet, so I can't really consider them. Of the other options I have to go with Hollins as he has the best QB and could be set up for the best opportunity next year.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:53 pm

I'll take Hollins! Wentz looks like he will be a stud for years and I want anyone he's throwing to.

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Shcritters wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:50 pm Here's the thing... Zay Jones and Chris Godwin aren't really flyers, they were most likely drafted with a 2nd round rookie pick. Most serious owners wouldn't have bailed on them yet, so I can't really consider them. Of the other options I have to go with Hollins as he has the best QB and could be set up for the best opportunity next year.
The same owner in my league dropped both. He's also in first place. Super competitive league.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 pm

Godwin

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:45 am

Tennisbuck wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:55 pm The same owner in my league dropped both. He's also in first place. Super competitive small-roster powder puff league.
Fixed that for ya.

:wink:

As for the poll, I'm super glad to have picked Mack Hollins off waivers in DLF Premium League (16 teams, 25 man rosters, no DST or Kickers, plus up to 2 IRs). If someone dropped Zay Jones or Goodwin in that league in 2017, they'd probably get booted out. Btw, I picked up Hollins on 9/27 for $69 out of $300. So he didn't come cheap, even though I got him pretty early.

:lol:

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:01 am

For me, it’s Godwin slightly over Hollins, but I couldn’t fault someone for going the other way. The other three are (or should be) waiver fodder.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Oblong_Ball
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oblong_Ball » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 am

Everyone of these guys is owned in my dynasty leagues...the only one that didn't get drafted was Hollins. So that's my pick.
:thumbdown:

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:16 am

What about Chad Williams in Arizona? He was drafted in the 3rd and has an easier than it looks path to being on the field more, and hes a sparq freak. He worth a stash?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:30 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:16 am What about Chad Williams in Arizona? He was drafted in the 3rd and has an easier than it looks path to being on the field more, and hes a sparq freak. He worth a stash?
Due to the lack of response I dropped Williams for Hollins this morning :thumbup:

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:54 am

My order: Godwin, Hollins, Zay, Robinson, Perriman

Godwin: DeSean Jackson isn't what he once was, and his present statistical contributions to the Bucs in no way justify him being paid 11 mil and 10 mil over the next two years. Godwin has the talent to be a very productive complementary receiver to Evans as the #1, provided Winston actually proves to be an elite QB (jury's still out, there).

Hollins: I have him second mostly because of Carson Wentz. I believe Wentz is poised to be a top 3 dynasty QB. You want dogs in his hunt. Jeffery hasn't been a terrible signing for Philly, but neither has he been great, and he's on a one-year deal; at this rate, it seems 50/50 on him being re-signed unless he just totally blows up in the second half of the season. Torrey Smith isn't good; Hollins may already be better than him, and the snap-counts lately indicate the coaches are considering it, too. Agholor's home is in the slot. All told, there's an opportunity here for Hollins to emerge as an important receiver in Wentz's offense for a long time, if the dominoes fall right.

Zay: I was pretty high on Zay this offseason, but his PFF grade most of this season has been brutal. He has flashed a bit very recently, so, I dunno, maybe the lightbulb came on. Tyrod Taylor is quietly a very good QB that needs more weapons. The KB signing definitely dings Zay, but then again Benjamin's rookie-contract is almost up, so he still has to convince Buffalo to commit to him long-term. I'm pretty tentative on having Zay as high as third. I mostly only have him here because I did quite like him as a prospect, and doomsaying him already seems premature.

Robinson: Robinson is much more athletic in pads than his workout scores indicate. Much more. He can legitimately be an elite vertical receiver. He could be a great fit with Mahomes' ridiculous arm in a few years. Why do I have him fourth? Because his character-grade is a disaster. That, for me, is a big hit in dynasty.

Perriman: He's 24, and he's had all the opportunity he could want the last two seasons to prove his draft-pedigree is real. He hasn't, and he's only regressed from last season. Perriman's PFF grade through nine weeks this year is 38 (108th at his position), and it's apparent Baltimore is on the verge of conceding he's a bust. Plus, Joe Flacco just isn't a guy you can trust to reliably feed fantasy WRs anyway, and we still have to wait another year for Perriman to get out of Baltimore.

Honorable mention: people looking for cheap WR fliers also might want to give Dontrelle Inman in Chicago a look.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:16 am What about Chad Williams in Arizona? He was drafted in the 3rd and has an easier than it looks path to being on the field more, and hes a sparq freak. He worth a stash?
I have him in a deep league. The main concern is who is the coach/QB in ARI next year...
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd