Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby sammyz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 am

I love his play so far and have to give him credit. If I owned any shares however, I'd certainly be looking to sell now!
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:17 am

sammyz wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 am I love his play so far and have to give him credit. If I owned any shares however, I'd certainly be looking to sell now!
Why? Isnt he exactly what you want on your dynasty team?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 am

The commonplace thinking in fantasy:

Player not expected to be great and will never be great but he's producing well? Sell!!!
Player expected to be great and will eventually be be great but he's producing poorly? Buy!!!

So hard for people to get people to give up on preconceived ideas...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 am

skip wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 am The commonplace thinking in fantasy:

Player not expected to be great and will never be great but he's producing well? Sell!!!
Player expected to be great and will eventually be be great but he's producing poorly? Buy!!!

I know... I'm guilty of it. I traded Hunt and a LB for Gurley after the 1st game, thinking I was so smart. Now I'm definitely nervous.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:45 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 am

I know... I'm guilty of it. I traded Hunt and a LB for Gurley after the 1st game, thinking I was so smart. Now I'm definitely nervous.
I'm not drawing long term conclusions, fwiw, when it comes to Hunt. There just seem to be a lot of people wanting to throw him under the bus. He's the leading rusher in the league by over 100 yards thru only 3 games. Of course his numbers will regress. But he's not a sell unless getting a big return.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 am

Bingo.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 am

Not at all in the case of Hunt. There are very valid reasons why he was not considered elite coming out of college which remain just as true today. He is a good/very good RB in a phenomenal situation. Right now he has had an unbelievable run of three games and there are some owners who now believe he is elite. To be honest, he has had so much room to run, if he was elite he would have had even more break away runs. If a Hunt owner is offered an elite price for him, it would be terribly short sighted not to take it.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:39 am

It will take a lot for me to sell any of my shares of Hunt. He may not be elite but situation means so much in fantasy football and he has a great one. He's the type of player that I want on my dynasty teams, like others have said, I'm sure he will regress some but I don't think it will be much of a regression. I'm enjoying the ride right now and it's great.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 am

dm1129 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 am

Not at all in the case of Hunt. There are very valid reasons why he was not considered elite coming out of college which remain just as true today. He is a good/very good RB in a phenomenal situation. Right now he has had an unbelievable run of three games and there are some owners who now believe he is elite. To be honest, he has had so much room to run, if he was elite he would have had even more break away runs. If a Hunt owner is offered an elite price for him, it would be terribly short sighted not to take it.
I agree in theory but what would that mean? Selling for Bell? DJ? Zeke? Anything less doesn't feel like selling high anymore
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:11 pm

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to respond to this. Reading into this you are basically giving all of the credit to the KC offensive line, calling Hunt a "good" RB and being critical of the fact he doesn't have enough breakaway runs...

So flipping it around, Dallas supposedly has an elite offensive line and they have a supposedly elite back running behind that line. How are you distinguishing where to give credit? Is it the line or the player? I assume from the above that all Zeke should be doing is ripping off breakaway runs the entire game.

It is premature to call Hunt elite right now. But I think you've taken it way too far in your criticism. I'll call him "very good" in a great situation which is going to mean loads or production and as a fantasy owner production is what matters. FWIW, David Johnson wasn't considered elite either coming out of college. Nor was Le'Veon Bell. The dynasty community caught up very quickly. If Hunt continues to produce well I don't see why he wouldn't fall into that same category.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Man... He has had a great run of 3 games. I'd never take anything away from that. Hunt is EVERYTHING and more - whomever drafted him, hoped their mid to late 2017 first round rookie pick could ever be expected to be. It is simply a tad too early to call him "elite" though. At least for me. His production will regress. If it doesn't regress, we are looking and watching the single best rb that has ever put on pads and played in the NFL. Anyway, regression - That is as close to a for sure thing that there is. That isn't a bad thing, it is normal. For the time being, He is in a great situation for production. He has a very nice skill set that translates well to production. That doesn't equal "elite" for me just yet. The situation has masked a few of the concerns that held him out of the top 3-4 rookie draft picks. Ware getting hurt, C.West is a JAG, Little to no competition for touches, A.Smith is playing great, defense playing well, etc, etc.

I don't own him but if I did, I'd be happy to ride the wave and enjoy the ride. Selling now seems counter productive. If you were to sell him now, It'd take another elite player (prob older) and a 1st, or some combination of players and picks.

I just think we cant get TOO hyped up about the whole deal. I mean if we think Hunt is going to keep this up and not regress a bit, do we also then think that J.Mixon is a flop? The truth is prob somewhere in that grey area.

Hunts success is good for football, good for the NFL, and good for fantasy. I love it even though I own no shares. Good for him and congrats to his owners!
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:41 pm

skip wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:11 pm

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to respond to this. Reading into this you are basically giving all of the credit to the KC offensive line, calling Hunt a "good" RB and being critical of the fact he doesn't have enough breakaway runs...

So flipping it around, Dallas supposedly has an elite offensive line and they have a supposedly elite back running behind that line. How are you distinguishing where to give credit? Is it the line or the player? I assume from the above that all Zeke should be doing is ripping off breakaway runs the entire game.

It is premature to call Hunt elite right now. But I think you've taken it way too far in your criticism. I'll call him "very good" in a great situation which is going to mean loads or production and as a fantasy owner production is what matters. FWIW, David Johnson wasn't considered elite either coming out of college. Nor was Le'Veon Bell. The dynasty community caught up very quickly. If Hunt continues to produce well I don't see why he wouldn't fall into that same category.
Yes I am giving much of the credit to the o-line/situation. Spencer Ware averaged over 5 ypc in 2015 and was averaging over 5 ypc during the first half of last season before injuries slowed the KC offense. If Spencer Ware had not been injured, we would not be having this conversation. We would very likely be talking about the amazing start Ware is having....

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:14 pm

I'd agree with the above ^.

If Ware didn't get hurt, we very likely would be buzzing about the awesome start he's had. He'd currently be in the conversation of the "next big thing" / top 5 dynasty rb, etc. As it worked out, They drafted Hunt for quality depth behind Ware, and.... well, now we are talking about how awesome Hunt is. The situation there in KC has quite a bit to do with what we are seeing from Hunt. But, that is normal for most rb. A good to very good O-line really does make the NFL caliber rb look great. But, conversely, a poor to below avg NFL line will make even a very talented rb look pedestrian. Put it this way; I doubt if Hunt were running behind Seattle's line or NYG's line we'd see this kind of production.

The stars have aligned for K.Hunt, the Chiefs, and his fantasy owners. Congrats.
I'm certain most didn't see this kind of start coming. (bold statement, I know).
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:31 pm

I think the comparison to zeke is 100 % accurate. Hunt = Zeke and Zeke was arguably a top 3 dynasty asset. RB more than any other position relies on situation

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 pm

It will be interesting to see if Ware gets his starting job back when/if he's healthy again..