Speculative RB adds - on to week 4!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Week 3 speculative RB adds

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:35 am

You guys are racking my brain with all of this! Haha. Great thoughts. Ive been wanting to add McGuire for a while but really cant do it unless I make a few trade this week to free up roster spots.
AlbertaPrime wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:29 am What about Wayne Gallman? NYG backfield is a mess, and might be only a matter of time before they try him out.
Ive been wondering about him also. But it sounds like Darwka is yet again getting a little buzz....just like last year. Gallman was also a healthy scratch Monday night....not good.

Right now, I think Collins and McGuire are about even...then Breida...then a bit lower I would have Gallman and Clement together.

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 am

jtd1387 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:12 pm Not sure this deserves its own thread, but I am curious about how people are viewing a few RBs who quietly seem to have a shot to emerge in open backfields in the near future: Alex Collins, Orleans Darkwa, Elijah McGuire, Wendall Smallwood. All are young (Darkwa young-ish at 25). None of them are super exciting, but it can be a struggle to find RBs in dynasty leagues sometimes, so if you can get a jump on guys with a speculative add, it really helps.
  • Darkwa has had some buzz on these boards in the past and there was a recent beat reporter saying he might finally take the lead role from Perkins. I have probably added him 3 times a year for the past 3 years, so I am feeling a little meh towards him now.
  • Collins has a bit of hype now but could see a pretty big jump if West misses time or Harbaugh follows through on giving him more carries. From the little tape I have seen of him, he looks like a better runner than West or Allen, even if he isn't a threat to Allen's receiving role.
  • McGuire, I know almost nothing about. From playerprofiler it looks like he is similar to Powell and Forte in that he was prolific in the passing game in college. His workout numbers are not great and not bad. More importantly, he got 11 snaps (6 less than Powell) and 6 carries and a reception last week. With the Jets being awful, maybe they will see what they have in McGuire soon.
  • Smallwood, I don't really want, but he did work ahead of Blount last week and might benefit if Philly goes run heavy at any point. They do have a decent line on paper, and if Blount doesn't improve, I think someone in Philly will have to get carries eventually. Maybe that is Smallwood, or maybe Corey Clement enters into the conversation at that point.
Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to discuss these guys since they all have a similar trajectory so far this season. Are you guys buying any of them in particular? Not bothering with any of them? Think some other guys fall into the category that I missed?

Collins and McGuire are probably the most interesting to me. but I could see a case for Darkwa or maybe even Smallwood/Clement.
I'm cautiously in on Darkwa. At some point they have to cut their losses and see PP for what he is... Not a very good NFL back. Hoping Darkwa has a few good games and I can sell for picks.
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:48 am

AlbertaPrime wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:29 am What about Wayne Gallman? NYG backfield is a mess, and might be only a matter of time before they try him out.
darkwa is the own. this dude will role with 20 carries and a lead role....not sure they have the balls to sit vereen since they spent on him...but my bet is, darkwa is the rb to own.

love the clement mention. i had him @ 16 on the draft board....was shocked he went undrafted. own him everywhere now

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 am

So of the three (darkwa, collins, mcguire) whos the best add?

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 am So of the three (darkwa, collins, mcguire) whos the best add?
I personally like McGuire the best.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:43 am

"Jets OC John Morton said the team plans to use a three-man running back committee going forward."

As the post went on to say, this offense is atrocious but it does seem like figuring out what they have in McGuire is in their future plans. I would still greatly temper expectations though.

zuzaque
Rookie
Rookie

Postby zuzaque » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:10 pm

I dropped McGuire for Darkwa. Darkwa has the chance to be the lead back in a good offence (hopefully when OBJ returns), while McGuire is going to be at best in a time share on a garbage team.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:18 pm

zuzaque wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:10 pm I dropped McGuire for Darkwa. Darkwa has the chance to be the lead back in a good offence (hopefully when OBJ returns), while McGuire is going to be at best in a time share on a garbage team.
This for me. I don't see the dumpster fire being extinguished in NY next season either... I suppose McGuire could hold some value if he can win the job, but the ceiling with be incredible low due to his team.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 pm

So John Morton, who coached under Sean Payton for 3 seasons in NO, is gonna run out his own version of their 3 man RBBC clusterf*ck. Is Powell the Mark Ingram, Forte the Adrian Peterson and Mcquire the Kamara?

The Jets are such a dumpster fire.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Jason wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 pm So John Morton, who coached under Sean Payton for 3 seasons in NO, is gonna run out his own version of their 3 man RBBC clusterf*ck. Is Powell the Mark Ingram, Forte the Adrian Peterson and Mcquire the Kamara?

The Jets are such a dumpster fire.
My guess would be that since AP and Kamara weren't on the team when Morton was, that it wouldn't be a similar situation to now. And McGuire profiles very similarly (combine-wise) to Ingram. So, if McGuire can put together half of what Ingram has the last 3 seasons, I'll take that as a RB3/4

*Edit* still not saying McGuire will be a stud, just that I prefer him over the other 2.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

zuzaque
Rookie
Rookie

Postby zuzaque » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:14 pm

I think it'll be hard for McGuire to be a Ingram without a Brees or receiving corps in NY.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:08 pm

I agree the Jets offense is going to stink for a while, but McGuire profiles as a guy who will be active in the receiving game, so if he gets the lead role he will have decent PPR value. Powell was putting up PPR RB1 numbers at the end of last season, and the offense wasn't much better then than it is now.
I have sort of hedged my bets by adding each of Collins, Darkwa, and McGuire in various leagues now. Debating dropping one of the Denver backups (Booker and Henderson) for McGuire in a league where he cleared waivers. Collins is still the leader in the clubhouse for me, but I am torn on Darkwa and McGuire.
Breida and Gallman are also interesting, although I didn't include Breida because he seems to need an injury to emerge. Breida is also rostered by the Hyde owner in most of my leagues. I forgot about Gallman, but he is kind in the same boat as Clement, since it SEEMS like Smallwood and Darkwa are going to get shots before them.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Of all the leagues I'm in, I have exactly one share of darkwa and one share of brieda

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:05 pm

I drafted Breida with the acknowledgement that he was my new Jerick Mckinnon SPARQ guy who probably won't panout but he is a solid enough handcuff now and Hyde is a free agent in the offseason so I figure why not.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:34 am

No one really mentioned him, but with Duke Johnson taking snaps at receiver (due to the Browns depleted corps), an injury to Crowell could catapult Matt Dayes into the fantasy spotlight. He can catch passes out of the backfield and showed out in the preseason for whatever that is worth. Deserves a mention because he has the easiest shot to be relevant in the near term.

I like Aaron Jones over Williams and still believe he is the back to own in Green Bay. He has better burst in my view.

And with Jordan Howard a bit hobbled, there is an outside chance Taquan Mizzell could receive some minutes for the Bears. He is a rookie and was signed after Ravens cuts, so I imagine it might take at least a few weeks to become acclimated to a new team's system.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D