Where's the Agholar 3rd year breakout discussion thread?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Where's the Agholar 3rd year breakout discussion thread?

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:08 am

People waiting to talk about it until after waivers so nobody stags your claim, since hes on waivers in so many leagues?

Or is everybody still mad he didn't break out after his week 1 game during his sophomore campaign?

Discuss.

Quint
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Where's the Agholar 3rd year breakout discussion thread?

Postby Quint » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 am

I think people had been burned by him one too many times and just didn't want to talk about him.

After watching the game, he really looks different this year. Strong and motivated. Not to mention, we all know that the slot in Philly gets peppered with targets. I've snatched him up where I could already and would have no problem putting in a waiver bid if I was weak at WR or just wanted to stash him for trading later.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:30 am

It's "Agholor"

I loved his USC tape and initial landing spot in Philly, but I would temper expectations. Almost all of his fantasy points yesterday came on a super busted play where Wentz made an insane play, which is the main reason Ag was so open.

The Philly WR core is a full room of higher paid veterans that will get a majority of the work still IMO, but big plays like this will still happen every now and then.

I guess the good news is that his mental issues are probably gone now, which I'm happy for him about.

If you were looking to sell now is a good time because he'll probably have a few quiet weeks without the long TD and people will bring up their doubts again.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Spongehack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Spongehack » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:35 am

Agholor is definitely someone to keep an eye on. We will see if yesterday's production was a large part due to Norman covering Alshon. Unfortunately he's not on our waiver wire. Usually year three is when WRs break out.
12 Team (2014 Champ, 2016 2nd, 2021 Champ) 1.0 PPR, 1.5 TE, Superflex, Start 9, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-3 TE

QB - J. Hurts, M. Stafford, K. Cousins
RB - S. Barkley, D. Cook, E. Elliot, T. Pollard, A. Mattison
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, A. Cooper, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, J. Jones
TE - M. Andrews, G. Kittle, M. Cox

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:42 am

I already bought him in every league I could preseason. He was my "go-from-zero-to-hero" pick this year. Last year's pick was DAdams, and for much the same reason as Agholor was this year (he looked better in preseason, had vets that would draw attention, and seemed to have rapport with QB). He looked good in first start which is great. He is also getting snaps AND targets and he also seems aware of what is happening to his QB (consider the TD play); much better than great (consider Funchess who is getting snaps but not targets...blah).
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Quint
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Quint » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 am

Coogan Football wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:30 am It's "Agholor"

The Philly WR core is a full room of higher paid veterans that will get a majority of the work still IMO, but big plays like this will still happen every now and then.
Smith will only get a handful of bombs thrown his way each game, that's what he does. Smith has very little chance of getting significant targets game in and game out. Yes, Jeffrey was slowed by Norton, but the SLOT position in Philly will get it's targets every week. As long as Agholar is playing the slot he is relevant as a WR3/4 or Flex, especially in PPR leagues.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:54 am

Spongehack wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:35 am Agholor is definitely someone to keep an eye on. We will see if yesterday's production was a large part due to Norman covering Alshon. Unfortunately he's not on our waiver wire. Usually year three is when WRs break out.
This was speculated ahead of the game but didn't really turn out to be the case. Norman stuck to his side of the field.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:17 pm

He is a FA in my league, we have 100 budget. I would have to drop Marquiese Goodwin for him if I added him any thoughts on this?
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Torrey Smith still looks like a one-trick-pony, couple deep shots per game and that's about it.

If Wentz isn't even going to look at Alshon's way with Norman or Janoris shadowing/covering then that's 4 games this year where Nelson could really benefit.

Obviously the main target COG is Ertz, I'm not ready to anoint Agholor but seeing him with 8 targets and a TD is definitely a step in the right direction. FWIW, what a horrible throw by Wentz on that fumble.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Id imagine quite a few peoples thought process is going something like:

-Drafted him two years ago with a mid-late 1st because the talent+situation combo looked great on paper
-Chip Kelly drama
-He didn't look terrible his rookie year, but he didn't produce OBJ rookie year stats which is what everyone was wanting. 60% of the fantasy community decided to declare him a bust before he even entered his first full off-season as a pro.
-Strip club deal gone shady (sounds like some girl going for a money grab, but it brought bad press to his name and made people who weren't aware of his seemingly good character/work ethic while at USC thing he didn't take football seriously. Just like writing him off as a bust year 1...this was probably unfair)
-Mentally crumbles year two for whatever reasons
-Goes into second full off-season as a pro, all camp reports suggest he is MUCH improved and at times looking like the teams best WR on the field (easy to chalk this up as off-season fluff, but he looked improved week 1 of the regular season). Not

There are probably a lot of people like me who drafted him in almost every league, tried to be patient and hold, but then had to cut bait this off-season to make room for incoming rookies. This was a guy I couldn't even add to a late 3rd or 4th round pick to move up 1-2 spots in rookie draft, but at the same time it's not the least bit surprising to see him have a good game because he was a 1st round pick three years ago.

Wait and see for me unless he can be had for next to nothing.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Let's not get too excited over 1 fantasy relevant game. I watched the game and Agholor was not particularly good. Take out the 1 broken play Agholor scored on while wide open where Wentz pulled one out of nowhere and you are left with a 5 rec, 28 yard game on 7 targets. He is still likely 3rd at best in targets for this team. We will have to see if he gets consistent usage.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 pm

theone wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:46 pm Let's not get too excited over 1 fantasy relevant game. I watched the game and Agholor was not particularly good. Take out the 1 broken play Agholor scored on while wide open where Wentz pulled one out of nowhere and you are left with a 5 rec, 28 yard game on 7 targets. He is still likely 3rd at best in targets for this team. We will have to see if he gets consistent usage.
This was my thought after the game as well. I expect Jeffery to get a lot more looks going forward and Agholor to be very inconsistent. He's definitely worth picking up if he's on your waivers, but this could easily end up being his best game of the season. He does look to be improved though, but not sure about a true "breakout."

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:08 am People waiting to talk about it until after waivers so nobody stags your claim, since hes on waivers in so many leagues?

Or is everybody still mad he didn't break out after his week 1 game during his sophomore campaign?

Discuss.
on waivers in 0 of my 20 dynasty leagues...
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:30 am It's "Agholor"

I loved his USC tape and initial landing spot in Philly, but I would temper expectations. Almost all of his fantasy points yesterday came on a super busted play where Wentz made an insane play, which is the main reason Ag was so open.

I guess the good news is that his mental issues are probably gone now, which I'm happy for him about.

If you were looking to sell now is a good time because he'll probably have a few quiet weeks without the long TD and people will bring up their doubts again.
This thread had 3 things I wanted to acomplish.

1. Get a feel for how people still feel about him. I liked his college tape, but I wouldn't buy him, and didn't want to draft him a few years back either.

2. have a half bleep sarcastic tone to make fun of people who hold out hope for players, but not others, and then go crazy over 1 game.

3. Get hype going so I can sell high.

Thanks for addressing each of the 3 things I wanted.

But on a more on topic note, He seriously does look a lot different, mentally, which translated directly to his game. Route running and concentration. He had one drop though that I wish he would have caught.
maxhyde wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 pm
Ryantacular wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:08 am People waiting to talk about it until after waivers so nobody stags your claim, since hes on waivers in so many leagues?

Discuss.
on waivers in 0 of my 20 dynasty leagues...
He was on waivers in 1 of my 6. But to be fair that one is a 12 keeper league, not full dynasty.

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:24 pm

He is available in my 10 team, 23 player league. I'm debating whether to use my 1st waiver spot on him this week. He is likely the better add than any Ari RB at this point.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett