Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:41 am I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the ghost of Davontae Booker from last year, breathing icy caution down our necks.

It's one thing to shine in very limited action for short periods of time; it's quite another for a rookie from a small program to come in and be a bellcow his entire first year in the League
(Cough)

David Johnson

(Cough)
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:02 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:41 am I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the ghost of Davontae Booker from last year, breathing icy caution down our necks.

It's one thing to shine in very limited action for short periods of time; it's quite another for a rookie from a small program to come in and be a bellcow his entire first year in the League
(Cough)

David Johnson

(Cough)
Haha of course, examples exist.

But remember how bad Tevin Coleman was, filling in for Freeman 2 years ago?

Charcandrick West last year?

The list is much longer than the list of DJ's
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:38 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:14 pm I don't know that Hunt has looked great but I don't think he's looked bad either, who has played better as far as rookie RBs out of the big 4? McCaffrey and Cook, I guess, it's close between Hunt and Mixon but Fournette has been out and he looks to be in the worse spot among all of the top rookies. Reid has had several top RBs over the years that he's given a lot of work to so I think Hunt has a good chance to be the top rookie RB after Ware's injury, but I'm not saying long-term he will be the best, nothing like that, but I'm just talking this season in PPR leagues, how would everyone rank these 5 rookie RBs?

1) CMC- close between he and Hunt but in PPR, he probably would get the edge.
2) Hunt- He's going to get a ton of work and other than Char West, unless they bring someone in, there's not much in KC to challenge him.
3) Cook- He's looked good in pre-season and Lat Murray is out but once he comes back, that will probably take some of his work away, possibly goal line work. Also, still not sold on the Vikes o-line.
4) Mixon- Talent-wise, I like him as much as anyone but with Hill & Bernard still there, it might take him until mid season or later to get the work to put up big numbers.
5) Fournette- Of course long-term he could be the top out of these 5 rookies but for this season, it's not looking too good in Jacksonville with the bad QB situation and not so great o-line.

Again, I'm talking about this season even though this is dynasty, just interested in everyone's rankings.
Hill just went down with an ankle injury, so could be a bump for Mixon. For Hunt, I'd be more worried about Spiller than West. Spiller has shown way more ability than Charkey and looks like he might be healthy for the first time in a long time. He could be a dark horse.

Spiller has always been so talented just can't seem to stay healthy.

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Kramer wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:09 pm
balaberda wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:08 pm
chipadelphia wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm I'm OTC at 1.06 for team 1 in sig and I'm debating pulling the trigger over MWill. I already took LF & Mixon @ 1.01 and 1.03
I am taking Perine and Hunt at 1.06 and 1.07 and not feeling bad at all about leaving Will
I can understand the hate for Mike Williams and the love for Hunt. Why the love for Perine and not Kamara? Is it a standard league?
Just a little update. I picked Hunt at the 1.06 spot and ended up with Mike Williams with my 1.09!
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 am

Hill just went down with an ankle injury, so could be a bump for Mixon. For Hunt, I'd be more worried about Spiller than West. Spiller has shown way more ability than Charkey and looks like he might be healthy for the first time in a long time. He could be a dark horse.
Stop the thread! When will the madness stop!
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:30 am

Balzac wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 am

Stop the thread! When will the madness stop!
When they pick up Christine Michael, Bryce Brown and/or Bishop Sankey!

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 am

Seems like the hate is strong on Hunt in dynasty which is interesting. We should all know by now that opportunity trumps talent in fantasy so if you are looking to win in your dynasty league this year, I don't see how Hunt isn't at the top of the ranking when it comes to rookie RBs. He's immediately going to be inserted in as a 3-down bell cow back for an offense that has historically used its RB significantly. CMC (split with Stew), Fournette (injury + bad o-line), Cook (split with Murray + bad o-line) and Mixon (split with Hill / Bernard AND bad o-line) all have way more question marks than Hunt for this year.

As far as his talent, I also wouldn't be so quick to write him off either. He certainly has the size, receiving ability and collegiate production (MVP of Senior Bowl) to back up his resume. While his athleticism is not David Johnson-esque, its very similar to players like Mark Ingram, Isiah Crowell as they were entering the league and no one is questioning their ability these days.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:17 am

Lssd2012 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 am ... players like Mark Ingram, Isiah Crowell as they were entering the league and no one is questioning their ability these days.
I'm still questioning their ability...but your point about situation is supported by those two. Without much competition in the way, there are a TON of RBs that can have high success in the NFL. There's no reason Hunt shouldn't succeed in that pretty sweet situation.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:20 pm

Lssd2012 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 am Seems like the hate is strong on Hunt in dynasty which is interesting. We should all know by now that opportunity trumps talent in fantasy so if you are looking to win in your dynasty league this year, I don't see how Hunt isn't at the top of the ranking when it comes to rookie RBs. He's immediately going to be inserted in as a 3-down bell cow back for an offense that has historically used its RB significantly. CMC (split with Stew), Fournette (injury + bad o-line), Cook (split with Murray + bad o-line) and Mixon (split with Hill / Bernard AND bad o-line) all have way more question marks than Hunt for this year.

As far as his talent, I also wouldn't be so quick to write him off either. He certainly has the size, receiving ability and collegiate production (MVP of Senior Bowl) to back up his resume. While his athleticism is not David Johnson-esque, its very similar to players like Mark Ingram, Isiah Crowell as they were entering the league and no one is questioning their ability these days.
Yep, I agree. I basically said the same thing just not in as great detail as you did, the only rookie RB that I would maybe take in PPR is CMC but I think Hunt is the safest bet out of all the rookie RBs. I'm surprised that so many people are down on him, tbh.

PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PurpleHaze » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 am

Took him in the 3rd round of redraft last weekend. I expect him to put up RB1 numbers in that offense.

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Looking at playerprofiler.com, his measurables aren't all terrible. Reading on the forum, you'd get the impression that he's an absolute dog the way he's sometimes described. He's certainly not elite, but I still think he can be successful.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:17 am
Lssd2012 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 am ... players like Mark Ingram, Isiah Crowell as they were entering the league and no one is questioning their ability these days.
I'm still questioning their ability...but your point about situation is supported by those two. Without much competition in the way, there are a TON of RBs that can have high success in the NFL. There's no reason Hunt shouldn't succeed in that pretty sweet situation.
Plus the RB position in KC gives even a bigger boost. C.West was a borderline RB1 back in the day for a while too. We should expect him to eat into Hunt's carries for sure but the situation is amazing.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Sadly, I'm already done with all my rookie drafts, but if I had another, here's how I'd rank my top 6 rookies:

1. Corey Davis
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. Kareem Hunt
4. Joe Mixon
5. Dalvin Cook
6. Leonard Fournette
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:17 pm

This is a good read if you're looking for hype.

The 3rd page, the last video, shows him having some success in pass protection. Something Rb's need to remain a bellcow. He's physical every run, making some good judgement calls. He could be pretty okay.

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/ ... e-part-ii/

freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Postby freddog97 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Just bought Hunt.

Gave: Martavis Bryant
Got: Hunt

What you guys think ?
Team 2 in sig
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC