Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4430
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:08 pm

New Orleans and New England...I could see either one of those happening. I'd want to buy Bridgewater in dynasty if I could just stash him on IR. Unfortunately, he'll take up a roster spot all season as a non-startable QB (unless Bradford gets injured behind that sieve).

User avatar
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby IBall2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 am

Valhalla wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:08 pm
New Orleans and New England...I could see either one of those happening. I'd want to buy Bridgewater in dynasty if I could just stash him on IR. Unfortunately, he'll take up a roster spot all season as a non-startable QB (unless Bradford gets injured behind that sieve).
I'd put money one Bridgewater starting at least one game this season. Whether it's due to a Bradford injury or an imploding season and they want to test him out to see if he's worth resigning.

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3383
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:35 am

I think the Vikings end up giving Bradford a new contract & Teddy walks as a free agent. I like both QBs. Good position for Minnesota to be in. There are a lot of teams with no long term QB, which is far worse.

The o-line will be better this year, though that's not saying a lot, as it's hard not to be. Last year was a perfect storm of injuries.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

User avatar
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby rubber_duck » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:41 am

IBall2 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 am
Valhalla wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:08 pm
New Orleans and New England...I could see either one of those happening. I'd want to buy Bridgewater in dynasty if I could just stash him on IR. Unfortunately, he'll take up a roster spot all season as a non-startable QB (unless Bradford gets injured behind that sieve).
I'd put money one Bridgewater starting at least one game this season. Whether it's due to a Bradford injury or an imploding season and they want to test him out to see if he's worth resigning.
Imploding? Not going to happen this season. The Vikings are set to put GB back into the wild card spot this year. I'm not a Minnesota fan, but I do think this is a team making year over year progress in the right direction.

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:10 am

The Vikings are set to put GB back into the wild card spot this year. I'm not a Minnesota fan, but I do think this is a team making year over year progress in the right direction.

Whether this happens this year or not, I can tell you they are a cursed franchise. Not to the extent of a Browns, but this type of thing is said every year around here it seems. No complaints here, as I took my kids and myself on a trip to the Cayman Islands this year solely from winnings after the 5-0 start (and inevitable collapse) by taking bets on every person I could who had bought in yet again. As far as Ruxpin goes, I dont think he will ever be fantasy relevant again, but could hang around as a borderline starter/solid backup. Queens will be drafting a QB next year.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

User avatar
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby IBall2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:25 am

rubber_duck wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:41 am
IBall2 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 am
Valhalla wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:08 pm
New Orleans and New England...I could see either one of those happening. I'd want to buy Bridgewater in dynasty if I could just stash him on IR. Unfortunately, he'll take up a roster spot all season as a non-startable QB (unless Bradford gets injured behind that sieve).
I'd put money one Bridgewater starting at least one game this season. Whether it's due to a Bradford injury or an imploding season and they want to test him out to see if he's worth resigning.
Imploding? Not going to happen this season. The Vikings are set to put GB back into the wild card spot this year. I'm not a Minnesota fan, but I do think this is a team making year over year progress in the right direction.
I agree, Imploding is a stretch but we saw it last year after a strong 5-0 start to the season. They do have a strong defense to lean on but they can't rely on the Defensive to win them every single game... They need to see a big step up from the O-line to make any noise this season. Last year the Vikings won a few of their games because of Defensive TDs. They could have easily went 3-13 or worse.

Here are there 2016 wins:
Week 1- They had no offensive TDs but still beat the Titans with Shaun Hill at QB (had 2 defensive TDs).
Week 2- Strong Defensive game against the Packers and only scored 17 points.
Week 3- Punt return for TD and a Safety to beat the Panthers (Vikings only had 1 offensive TD)
Week 5- Blowout against Houston but still had 1 punt return for a TD
Week 11- Kick return and INT return both for TDs to beat Arizona
Week 14- they were losing to Jacksonville because they could only get field goals but eventually got an offensive TD to seal it.
Week 16- blowout against Chicago but had 1 defensive TD (fumble return)

Once again, I'm not saying they will implode, they just rely way to much on the Defensive to get points each and every game. I really do hope the Offense can carry their own weight this season and that would make a huge difference.

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:20 am

The Tennessee game I remember watching and that game literally turned when the Titans fumbled twice without being touched, one of which I believe was returned for a TD. I recall thinking the Titans were going to be awful after that game and they ended up being Ok. I agree with the offense being their detriment again this year. The d will win them some games at home, but they seem to wear down as the year went, especially on the road and being put in terrible positions by the offense. I dont see that changing this year, and I am not sure Sammy can absorb that type of abuse again. That was suprisingly admirable.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

User avatar
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby rubber_duck » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:35 am

The offense should take a couple of steps forward this year. We don't need to rehash Bradford's entire career path, but we can look at just 2016: 3,877 yards and 20 TDs in 15 games. He should be improving on that with a full off season of work with the team. I'd guess Bradford posts something like 4,300 yards and 24 TDs ... if he plays a full 16 games.

Also, the running game should be better as well, even if the OL is not much improved.

The offense may not suddenly morph into one of the league's best, but I can see it ranking in middle of the pack. If it does, that will take an enormous amount of pressue off of the defense.

This is the season of optimism, right? :-D

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:04 am

It's always the season of optimism around here....
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

User avatar
Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1717
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:46 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Tsunami » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Valhalla wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:30 pm
I personally hope they find a way to sign them both. If Bradford stays upright all year I think he's set to have a pretty decent year, leading to extension talks. If Bridgewater sits the entire year as a backup and then becomes a free agent, it's not like he's going to get some huge contract or open door to a starting position elsewhere. Other teams would sooner just draft their own prospect than take damaged goods, especially with the incoming class. That would make Bridgewater a likely high end backup or heavy competition wherever he goes in '18. Why not stay with the Vikings and back up/compete with the historically fragile Bradford?
I think you're dreaming. Glennon and Osweiler got paid, Bridgewater is better (and younger) than both as a prospect. I could easily see him getting $18+ million next season if he were a free agent. The knee injury isn't likely to affect his game after he recovers, as he was mostly a pocket passer.

For him to hit the market he has to be healthy by week 6 of this season, otherwise they can keep him under contract another couple years. I think this deadline is definitely still in jeopardy. He has been recovering for a full year now but this injury can reportedly take 19 months or longer. The video evidence seems to show that he'll be ready but it is in the Vikings best interest for him to fail his physicals, so it's not yet a sure thing.

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Monkey » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:14 am

I'd add JAX to NO and NE, possibly PIT. The incoming class is great, but I could see a number of teams with either no franchise QB or an aging QB set to retire in the next few years giving Teddy a shot. Or maybe someone gives him the Glennon treatment and signs him as "the starter" and then drafts one of the incoming guys early in the 1st.

User avatar
skip
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 18733
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby skip » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:21 am

Assuming for a moment that at some future point, Bridgewater does return to the game and not specifically to the Vikings... Is his outlook good enough that anyone is going to jump on board? His production the first two years in the league amounted to a QB3 in a 12 team league. I see value in a superflex league but outside of that, I'm not giving him much of a thought right now.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

User avatar
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby rubber_duck » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:57 am

Yes, I will jump on board. But then again, I play in leagues where QBs have more value than the standard 12 team start 1 QB league.

Teddy's rookie season was solid. He was 21 years old (turned 22 that November). It was a run 1st offense that lost AD early in the season. The receiving corps was loaded (sarcasm) with: Greg Jennings, Jarius Wright, Charles Johnson and C Patterson.

His second season had Adrian Peterson back and was still a run first offense. Also, Teddy functions best out of shot-gun but that wasn't called much due to Peterson's lack of effectiveness in that formation. 2015 saw the arrival of Stephon Diggs. Bridgewater immediately started peppering him with targets, as Diggs was a huge step up in talent over anyone else. But, Diggs was still just a rookie.

Teddy has good field awareness, and was one of the only QBs to have success against the imposing Denver defense.
He had a developing deep ball before his knee blew out.
He is still only 24.

If he some how lands in a good spot, then I will take a shot on him. If he goes to Jacksonville or the Jets, then I'm out.

User avatar
Valhalla
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4430
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 am

rubber_duck wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:57 am
Yes, I will jump on board. But then again, I play in leagues where QBs have more value than the standard 12 team start 1 QB league.

Teddy's rookie season was solid. He was 21 years old (turned 22 that November). It was a run 1st offense that lost AD early in the season. The receiving corps was loaded (sarcasm) with: Greg Jennings, Jarius Wright, Charles Johnson and C Patterson.

His second season had Adrian Peterson back and was still a run first offense. Also, Teddy functions best out of shot-gun but that wasn't called much due to Peterson's lack of effectiveness in that formation. 2015 saw the arrival of Stephon Diggs. Bridgewater immediately started peppering him with targets, as Diggs was a huge step up in talent over anyone else. But, Diggs was still just a rookie.

Teddy has good field awareness, and was one of the only QBs to have success against the imposing Denver defense.
He had a developing deep ball before his knee blew out.
He is still only 24.

If he some how lands in a good spot, then I will take a shot on him. If he goes to Jacksonville or the Jets, then I'm out.
:thumbup:

User avatar
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby rubber_duck » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:27 am

After watching the first half of the Niners-Vikings games, I'd like to change positions on the Vikings outlook for 2017. It now seems very possible (however unbelievable) that the Minnesota O-line is even worse this year than in 2016. If that proves to be the case, then this is going to be a painfully long year for Vikings fans.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests